main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I just don't understand how Fantastic Four can function without nonstop elastic penis references. I feel like it would be the centerpiece of his super power. You could use an elastic penis for almost anything. Yet they don't bring it up much.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah, that does not look good. They are replacing the space given powers with an alternate dimension based hand out. Is that Doom supposed to be some ruler of an alternate dimension coming to Earth? This just looks terrible.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

If you look at the four people going, I don't think one of the normal FF is one of them -- so I suspect someone needs to go in and save them, and Doom is left behind and thought dead, which is where the burns and increased powers come from.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'll politely pass. I'm fine with the cast, but it's not doing a darn thing for me.

Wake me up when Fox fires Mark Millar and hires Jonathan Hickman please.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If Fox's plan was to first lower my expectations with a series of questionable casting choices, bad behind the scenes gossip and almost no official marketing effort until a few months before its release and then, when my expectations are at about the level of Peter Dinklage's kneecaps, soar over those expectations with an otherwise underwhelming trailer, they succeeded!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    New F4 promo footage showing off the team's power.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Saw the new TV spot last night during the NBA Finals.

The more footage I see, the more I like. Especially Sue Storm, as it looks like she's using her powers more offensively than defensively. Definitely a step up from Jessica Alba's Invisible Woman iteration.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Fantastic Four will be the biggest domestic box office hit of 2015. $700 million in the U.S. alone.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Trying to redeem yourself from that Lost World earnings prediction misfire?

PCCViking likes this.
  11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Everybody misfired on Jurassic World!

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, Jurrasic World didn't get nearly the bad press from the start that Fantastic Four has.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Two words to that:

World war Z

Ok, two words, and a letter

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I see your World War Z and raise you The Thing without his thing: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/will-foxs-fantastic-four-thing-fight-crime-in-the-nude

And this movie has had far worse press and has alienated the fans quite nicely. We'll see what SDCC brings, but it's also worth pointing out that Marvel has put a hold on any marketing of any kind, leaving Fox to resort to promotional material like Denny's and Crush soda. But no sale of toys, shirts, hats, cups, etc. will hurt. Especially when Marvel has Ant-Man merchandise releasing already. Unless you go to the movies often or watch the NBA promos they aired, chances are you don't know about this film. On top of that, actors are on record saying the film isn't for children. So no big support from fans, no kids, no merchandise, few promos. So who ends up seeing this out of the General Audience then? Jurassic World had plenty of promos, merchandise and was marketed well. It's also a sequel to a beloved franchise. We can't exactly say the same about this particular franchise. I truly have no idea how it will fare, but I am very interested to see what happens.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus an actor in Chris Pratt who's popularity has skyrocketed thanks to Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. Fantastic Four's actors are by and large relatively unknown to the movie going audience.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Fantastic Four has a guy like this:

[​IMG]

That's better than a park full of dinosaurs, right?

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If the FF movie has a Nightmare Fuel wolf in a wall, I'll watch the crap out of it.

[​IMG]

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Is he from wolf in wall street?

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Getting the official announcement that the role of Spider-man has been cast with Tom Holland today, gave me mixed feelings on the success on this Fantastic Four reboot as I would love to see F4 be part of the MCU. I really want a well done Fantastic Four movie and I like the director and tone of the footage I've seen so far. Therefore, I will be buying a ticket to see this movie and I want my money to be well spent.

On the other hand, I want to film to bomb both critically and at the box office so Fox may have to give up the rights. However, since there is bad blood between Marvel and Fox, Fox may just hold onto the rights to Fantastic Four just to spite Marvel and the franchise could be indefinite limbo or Fox could just spit out Roger Corman-like flicks.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fox has let a few properties go, I think this'll underperform, but they'll make a 2nd FF movie anyway because FRANCHISE TRAIN CANNOT BE STOPPED, then that'll underperform more and THEN they'll let the rights lapse and go back to Marvel.

therefore, MCU Fantastic Four meets Miles Morales first outing as Spider-Man in 2025!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Fox won't give it up without Marvel giving something in return. Be it merchandising rights or an end to the X-Men embargo.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, they did let Daredevil lapse. Probably something else too that I'm forgetting.

I dunno if using the FF as supporting characters in X-Men flicks would count, though. Maybe?

23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Sometimes I wonder if this some devious plot to make the Fantastic Four so unappealing to the general public that by the time Marvel gets the film rights, they'll be so worthless to the point making any new F4 will be like, "why bother?".

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

...you really wonder that, however briefly?

DarthIntegral likes this.
  25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    FF rights give Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Kang... far more valuable than Daredevil, which apparently had shared rights with Sony as Sony was going to do a Kingpin tv series.