main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Official Fett Family Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Missninfan, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Explanatory.

2. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    What a great idea!

Might I say, Lil Boba consistantly creeps the hell out of me. The Antithesis of Jake Lloyd.

3. JediCoz

JediCoz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    not much explanation needed

Jango Fett

Boba Fett = unaltered clone of Jango

4. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    So, where those pictures of Temura Morrison with tatooes in Jango Fett gear, his own real tattooes?

I'm so glad that Boba Fett is not Kister & that he could beat down Kister & little Anakin Skywalker if he was in TPM.

5. Drason_OBEXX

Drason_OBEXX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Who cares what he could do. Lil' Boba Fett looked like an ugly midget. His head was way too big for a kid his age and his accent was annoying.

6. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Ten Year Old Anakin shooting Lasers: Opps!

Ten Year Old Boba shooting Lasers: DIE DIE DIE! MUHahahaha!

7. MasterSoma

MasterSoma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    My feeling is that Boba was a pale imitation of his "father". Boba's death in ROTJ is so terrible. Think of how great a Boba Fett/Luke Skywalker action packed battle scene would have been compared to what happened. Unfortunately, there's no way to fix that now. Jango freakin RULES.

8. Christovsky

Christovsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2002
    JANGO FREAKIN' RULES!!

Huh! I guess it's just me that saw Jango Fett as another Darth Maul: (1) a cool looking bad guy that gets hyped by the promoters (2) and a good idea for a villain, but it doesn't matter b/c he gets killed off with a lame death.

I thought the rain was a sick idea for a fight scene...but that scene's intro ranks up there with the intro for the Maul--Jinn fight, "Qui-Gon sir, what! I'm tired", "Anakin drop."

What is it with Lacas's cheezy build-up's to potentially cool fight scenes?

9. Jedi_Zanza

Jedi_Zanza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2000
    Eh, I think Jango Fett is much more developed than Darth Maul, and because of that development, he's a very cool character.

Maul was pretty much a single-minded assassin. Don't get me wrong, I liked him a lot, esp. his wushu lightsaber fighting.

Jango, however, had the cool armor and weaponry, but he had more. He comes across at some points as simply an amoral hitman who'll do anything for money, including killing his own partner, Zam. But at the same time, it seemed that he had a very good relationship with his son Boba that hinted that there was more to Jango than just the emotionless killer.

10. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
  11. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I was very relieved that Kitster was not Boba. Someone said to me after AOTC, "I bet Boba kills Padme in Episode III." I said, "Then why does Anakin use him to hunt down Han in ESB? I am very much looking forward to Boba in Episode 3. Anyone know who might play him?

12. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    Maybe it'll be that clone wearing the red training uniform.

13. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Boba's a cool villian in the OT because there is a shroud of mystery around him. There's no orgin, no face to place behind the armor(is it man or woman?). That's why he bacame popular.
    I like the idea of him being a true clone and not just a son of Jango.

The way I see it is that Boba learns from Jango's mistakes and maybe takes some of his memory being a clone and all. When you think about Boba's much more resourceful, sure he knocked off by a blind Han, but look at Jango. The man keeps firing at Mace after he knocks away almost a dozen laser bolts. Why would you just stand there and keep firing and not just use your jetpack to take him out. Death from above!!!!!!

14. Jedi_Zanza

Jedi_Zanza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2000
    Uh, the Reek broke Jango's jetpack, that's why he couldn't take to the air in the final moments of his battle with Mace.

15. Tar-Jinn

Tar-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    OK, I've searched for a thread about Jango Fett, and found this. So, since there is a thing which bothers me about Jango which no one seems to consider - and a thing which might potentially be a plot hole - I would like to ask you for your opinion on this.

(On a side note, before I begin, for those who don't know yet, Hunt4RedSoktober seems to have found the 1138 in AotC in Jango's ship. It's supposed to be in the Geonosis Rings Chase, when on that display on Jango's ship where Obi-Wan's ship is there are the alternating symbols of what looks like 113 and the eight-spoked Republic symbol. Please look for it the next time you watch the film, and tell me what you think.)

Now. Concerning Jango Fett:

Do you think he knows that Dooku is Tyrannus?
    I mean:
    Facts:
    - he is hired (by Dooku, presumably) to kill Padme
    - he is the donor for the Kaminoans (hired by Tyrannus)

Assumptions:
    - in the Ring Chase he tried to kill Obi-Wan, wasn't faking (if anything, that psychotic kid's reactions testify to that)

Now, I hope we agree that the Sith plan is to have war in the Republic. And that if the Separatist armies had not been discovered on Geonosis, there would be a really serious Jedi investigation into who ordered those clones.
    So, after the clones have been discovered, there was a need for the droid army to be discovered, so that there would be a war, and no one would think twice about using the clones. (From the Sith standpoint.)
    Which brings us to two interesting points. One, if the Geonosian army had to be discovered, Obi-Wan had to get to Geonosis alive. It would be hard - I think - for Sidious to allow the droids to be "discovered" by another Jedi. So, if he knew the Sith plan, why did Jango try to kill Obi-Wan?
    If he did not know, everything is explainable, as in: he simply tried to hide on a Separatist planet from a Republic investigation. Going from one employer to another.

From what little we see of him (on Kamino, with Obi-Wan), Jango looks like a pretty intelligent guy. And his clones, whom he presumably taught, are also pretty clever (the first generation, that is). But I don't think he knows the Sith plan, if for no other reason than that Sidious would not suffer that - or possible blackmail. Great DNA notwithstanding.

Two, what would Sidious have done if Obi-Wan had been killed? Would he order immediate invasion of the Republic?

So, what do you think Lucas' intentions are here?

16. McMug

McMug Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    I think it is not really necessary for Obiwan to past back the news about Geonosis. Dooku can strike a war if they are ready. And it seems they actually aren't. They would be more happy when the Death Star is completed.

17. KITTY_FISTO

KITTY_FISTO Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I speculated in an earlier post that I think from Episode 3 onwards, Boba Fett will never be seen without his helmet on. This will be done in respect for his father, Jango's legacy and memory - and in turn will give Boba the reputation for being a faceless mercenary. As proven in AOTC, Boba is not known for his long sentances and Daniel Logan's moody looks in the Jango/Obi-Wan conversation spoke volumes. In Episode 3, Boba Fett will have one huge grudge and a point to prove...

18. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    The Fett family is the coolest! I really do hope we see a little more of Boba in Episode III. I agree, he was Jake Lloyd's opposite .. and that's a good thing. :D

19. Darth-Ktulu

Darth-Ktulu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    Much better than the crap the EU was pushing on us.. I'm glad to see Lucas didn't hesitate.. in fact I laughed my butt off.. the thought of all the fanboys crying had me in stitches!

20. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    What impressed me most is the fact that cold blooded Jango seemed to genuinely care for lil Boba. And Boba of course, has the whole 'hero worship his father' thing going on.

Boba holding his dead father's helmet was truly touching. Waaay more touching than TPM's "Will I ever see you again" [face_mischief]

Well done to the actors who potrayed the Fetts. They were truly belivable. I know many might not agree with me on this, but I truly hope we'll see lil Boba again in Episode 3 :D

21. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I loved Jango in AOTC. He really loved Bobba. It is interesting to see how people who are considered "bad" can be human too. I felt so sorry for Bobba when his father died. I wanted to pick him up and hug him. He was so cute and loved his father so much.

22. Darth_Fremen

Darth_Fremen Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Jango's father = Mango = Kris Kattan from SNL

23. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    The good thing about the Fetts is that when they get knocked down they get back up.

[image=http://www.starwarskids.com/enter_the_saga/epII/2002/20/img/jango_fett.jpg] [image=http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/lmall/Boba_ROTJ.jpg]

Unfortunately their demise shortly follows.

24. jjay

jjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 1999

Boba and Jango are overrated.

Failed job on the assination,
    failed destruction of Jedi starship (with an iffy pilot)
    failed attempt to take out more than ONE jedi knight (reeks run amuck!!).

Boba has some more success, I guess. He did track and get Solo back to Jabba. But his rocket backpack sure led him down Sarlaac's throat, huh?

overrated.

And over-exposed.

25. GhenKitha

GhenKitha Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    Jango never failed the assasination, Zam did.
    yeah, he hired her, but in the end it was Zam who couldn't follow through.

Obi-Wan really can't be considered a fair pilot, he's a freakin' jedi. Maybe in jedi standards he's a fair pilot, but jedi against a none force user my money is on the jedi.

Jango did do a good job at fending off Obi-Wan on Kamino.

And yeah he did get killed by Mace, but he was a warrior and a mandalorian warrior who happened to be the only surviving mandalorian after the jedi kicked their tale. So since he was a warrior his mind set is to never run and to face your opponent and without his jet pack he really had no options, but to keep on shooting.

Now for Boba's death, that just plain sucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.