main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Official Fett Family Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Missninfan, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjay

jjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 1999

Someone made the post that in swkids.com, they had an infobit that Jango likes to hire other assassins to do the job. That is why he lives so long. Well, it can be
    1) he's a chicken. tells others to do the job for him.
    2) he's like a talent scout, but not a great bounty hunter
    3) he's full of s*it.

Since he hired Zam and Zam failed, Jango failed indirectly, no matter if he did it or he hired a million bhunters to do it. He failed.

Jedi as good fighter pilots. Where do you get this?? Great protectors, good integrity, good swordsman, great knowledge, ok.

but good pilots against "one of the snicker best bounter hunters????" Ok, something's got to give. Fett not a great shooter or Obi wan a great pilot (his cunning escape is something else, I'm talking about him escaping rapid fire).

And those sonic bombs missing obi wan in an asteroid field??? What more does Jango want?? A malfunctioning R2 unit on ObiWan's ship?

2. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "Two, what would Sidious have done if Obi-Wan had been killed? Would he order immediate invasion of the Republic? So, what do you think Lucas' intentions are here? "

Well, I don't think Obi-Wan's discovery of the clones and the Geonosian droid army changed anything other than getting the war started a bit sooner than planned. It is quiet obvious to me that the Seperatists are going to attack when the droid army is complete. Had Jango successfully killed Obi-Wan, the plan would have proceeded as normal. No discrepancies there.

I too am a big fan of the Fetts. I latched on to the idea the moment I read the spoiler over a year ago, although it took a bit longer to get used to the name jango! I loved how well the father and son team worked together. I don't think it was the cloning as much as it was the training and special attention that Jango gave Boba. It made me sad for Boba toowhen he witnessed the death of his "father". I look forward to seeing more Boba in the next movie.

I also hope that in the upcoming archival editions, that George refilms the death of Boba to be a bit less comedic. I wouldn't have a problem with Boba falling to the chop of Luke's lightsabre (Or maybe another beheading to mirror his father death). I think that this change could be made easily enough, not to mention redeeming the ridiculous comedy death of the original!

3. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Since Bobba is a clone of Jango, Lucas should use Morrisson to put in shots of Bobba with his helmet off in the OT dvds. Do you all think he will do this?

4. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    rpeugh, that would be awesome. I really hope the age thing does not limit Boba Fett from kicking tail in Episode 3. My hopes are he'll kill, or help kill, Mace Windu. I don't care if he's like, 16. [face_plain]

I agree that the way both Fetts die stinks. I had to ask my friend at the theater yesterday, "Was I the only one in their that got really mad when Jango died?" She said yes, I was. :_| :_| :_|

5. SciFi1030

SciFi1030 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Ok a few things-
    Who is Jango's father? Where does he come from?
    Boba Fett will appear in Episode III. I have a meeting with George Lucas and Robin Gurland in a month for an audition to play Boba Fett or a young Jedi Padawan (16) that helps Obi-Wan take Leia to Alderann. Wish me luck!

6. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    :). Just let me say Boba is 1000 x better than Anakin.

7. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    If we talk about "failures," then is QuiGon a "failure" because he didn't defeat Darth Maul? Are the Jedi who die in the arena against all those battle droids "failures?"

There's a lot of examples of that in all the movies, don't you think?

No matter who sent the assasin droid, whether it be Zam or Jango, it didn't work. They're up against the Force-sensitive Jedi.
    And considering that, I think Jango held his own pretty damned good on that Kamino platform! Him and ObiWan had hand-to-hand battle for awhile, and I think that was great! (that Fett helmet butt to ObiWan's head HAD to hurt, whew..)

And I think ObiWan is a better pilot than he lets on. He doesn't brag. He's one of the two Jedi who survived, that we know of! If that's not survival of the fittest...

8. Autumn_Skywalker

Apr 17, 2002
    Naomi Jade...you're not the only one. I complained about that and continue to! :)

9. Dayron_Fett

Dayron_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    ...One thing I hope for. A background on why Darth Vader has to specify directly to Boba Fett, "No Desintegrations..." *shakes finger*

10. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    I have bashed Lucas many times in the past and will in the future, but I half to say that one of the best decisions he has made in regards to the prequals was his handeling of the Fett's, especially Boba, in Episode II. Why? Mostly for two reasons: 1. Jaster Mareel is now dead!!!

and most especially 2. It puts to rest, all the ridiculous talk of Fett possibly being a woman. How anyone could ever think that is beyond me.

And I whole heartedly agree with those who are suggesting that a refilming be done for Boba's death in ROTJ. And here is possible play by play for how this could be done:

Start the revised sequence with Han smashing Fett in the rocket pack. He flies through the air as he did before only WITHOUT THE SCREAMING. But here's where the new filming begins.

As fett aproaches the sail barge we cut to a tight shot of Fett's wrists and see the claws we saw Jango use on Kamino extend out looking rough and sharp.

New footage of Fett slamming into the side of the barge but manages to dig one his claws into the hot metal at the last second. Sparks fly as he slides down and slows to a stop.

Cut to the old shot where Jabba is infuriated.

We next see Fett in an old shot where he is slowly making his way up the side of the barge in the background.

Skip forward to the shot where Luke is on the side of the barge himself and throws the weequay out the window. After that cut to a shot of Boba Fett holding on with one arm and trying to take aim at Luke with the other. But his support arm slips and is forced to sacrifice the shot to regain his hold.

Cut back to Luke as he makes his rapid climb upward.

By now Luke is fighting on the deck.

Cut to a new shot of a skiff guard taking aim at Luke. More of Jabba's minions are running up to join him. Just then, Fett reaches in from outside frame right to grab the gun and pull it down much like Vader did to him on cloud city. Boba steps into frame in front of the guard. Fett motions for the guard and the rest of the cronies to back away and give him room which they do quickly. Cut to..

..Orignal shot of Luke fighting Jaba's guards. Only now it's made to look like the guards hault thier attack after the last one goes over the edge, rather then the curren one where it looks like theyjust keep comming.

Cut to a Medium shot of Fett taking aim with his left arm. Cut to..

..Med. to close up shot of Luke turning tward Fett.

We see Luke (replaced by look a like) from behind so that we don't see his face, as Fett charges him firing everying from wrist lasters to concussion rockets at Luke who narrowly avoides death with each salvo.

Cut to The old footage of Luke getting shot in the hand.

Cut back to the previous shot but now Fett is right up on Luke who clearly is getting tired from deflecting the onslaught. cut to...

..medium shot of Fett who suddenly fumbles as a blast out of screen left glances off his shoulder pauldron which bursts with sparks and smoke. Cut to..

..A shot of Leia from behind (again look alike) holding a smoking blaster. Fett looks over at her in suprise. Cut back to Luke..

..Luke seeing his opportunity to take advange of Fett's momentary distraction, charges at Fett.

Cut to old footage of Luke making a big swing with his lightsabre.

Cut to medium shot of Luke from behind again as swing continues TRHOUGH Fett's neck. Sparks shoot out and smoke fills the air above the shoulders as The boutny hunter's head flies over the side of the barge. His body flumps to the deck with a clang of metal against metal leading a trail of smoke from burning flesh and bone.

Add a new shot of Leia putting down the gun after Luke tells her to get the cannon and point it at the deck.

The rest of the battle plays out as normal.

Ofcourse I am just describing the new scenes with Fett. These ofcourse would be intercut with the old footage of Han, chew and Lando and all those other happendings.

11. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I just hope that either we don't see Boba again till the OT, or else Lucas dreams up a way for him to undergo growth acceleration so that he can kick ass as an adult in Episode III.

Although I think they handled the Baby Boba thing okay in AOTC, the LAST thing I want to see in Episode III is little 13 year-old Boba mowing down Jedi. Accelerate his growth and put him in the damned suit or else leave him out of Episode III altogether.

Your mileage may vary...

12. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Cool thread!!! Jango and Boba rock!!! Can't wait to see EP III .....Anyone know of some cool sites out there about the Fett's??? I'm always looking for new pages to look at.

13. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I am so glad that ppl like Boba and its not just me!! After seeing this one thread where so many ppl said how much they hate him, I was quite upset, but now I see that lots of other ppl like him :D YAY! I think he is very cute and still evil at the same time. So cool! [face_devil] + [face_mischief] = Boba

14. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Here's one off the top of my head

bobafettfanclub

What do you all think of my ROTJ revision idea I posted above?

15. darth_Rann

darth_Rann Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    In Return of the Jedi when Boba Fett falls in the pit he doesn't die!He blasts his way out with a missile launcher.Since Slave 1 is in the impound Boba had to buy Slave 2.Don't believe me?Just look in the book Tales from Jabba's palace.

16. Autumn_Skywalker

Apr 17, 2002
    Blackpool~~ I love your idea of refilming some parts. I wouldn't mind at all if Lucas changed some things. We still have the OT both before and after the CGI updates. Fine with me.
    But I don't think I'm can be very objective since I have the hots for Jango in this movie like I have for Boba before...and since I love li'l Boba, and I love grown up Boba, and I'm pissed that Jango got killed...what I'm saying is, I don't like the ending of your story, but I'm not a good judge on this one. Lust or love or something clouds my logic.

I don't want Boba to die. I don't want Jango to die either!
    :(
    Well, hell, while I'm at it, I don't want Zam to die either. So I just make up my own endings and do fanfic...ah, the power of imagination. ;)

17. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I love your idea, BLACKPOOL, and truly hope that something (even half as good as your idea) gets done to the sequence in ROTJ. I was thirteen years old (in 1983) when I was first treated to the horrible death scene and have always wished that it was done differently. I have never met another human being that found the original version remotely humorous or anything else good. I am not an EU fan other than some of the early comics (from 1991), but was delighted that he survived the Sarlaac. Even though your idea would ruin the EU Boba, it would be worth it just to see him meet a worthy end (and pay for all the Jedi he kills in Episode 3).

18. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Yeah, I totally agree with you guys. Persoanally I would prefer that Fett live on to strike fear in the hearts of Rebels and villiany alike from one side of the galaxy to the other. :)

But on the otherhand, I understand that for the sake of wraping up the story, Fett needs to either be redeemed or die and I seriously doubt Lucas would ever remotly consider the former :(

So my feeling is well, if Fett must die, then let's make it a death deserving of his character. Ever since I first saw Fett get swallowed, I was expecting him to come right back out. I never could accept that Fett actually died like that when he still had all that armor, weapons and equipment at his disposal.

And when you argue with these people who say he did die, all they can do is say that it was Lucas's intention that Fett die and if you accept that Fett escaped, then you accept all the of the EU with it. They just can't understand the simple logic of rockets, bombs, missiles, flamethrowers, and climbing claws versus flesh. ?[face_plain]

I don't really have my hopes set too high, but I do hope that if Lucas does go back and change things to ROTJ, the way Fett dies will be one of them.

19. 0bi-Wan

0bi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 13, 2001
    I wish he had lived. But he's dead as far as the movies are concerned.

Only thing anyone can do is ask George Lucas and settle this once and for all.

--O.W.

20. Autumn_Skywalker

Apr 17, 2002
    Can't Boba live, he could just go home and everyone get along? :p

According to George, yep, he's dead. Jango is dead. So is Zam, QuiGon, Darth Maul, Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, Palpatine, Ki Adi Mundi, hell, the whole of the Jedi, Jabba, Shmi, Owen, Beru, Padme, and the list goes on and will get worse. For cryin out loud, sounds like the ending of a Shakespeare play.

BUT I DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT! :_|

21. 0bi-Wan

0bi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 13, 2001
    well put.

still.... you could... kidnap George and make your demands.

--O.W.

22. Autumn_Skywalker

Apr 17, 2002
    I'd rather kidnap Jango ;)

23. Darth_Windu29

Darth_Windu29 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Hey I like Jango, but you have to admit that it wuz SWEET when Mace Chopped His Head off.
    But when BUBBA FETT DIED IN ESB THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This Party's over" :cool:

24. Autumn_Skywalker

Apr 17, 2002
    NO NO NO! *stomps*

I bet the face of Mace is engraved in little Boba's memory for later when he's all grown up. Now if what I think might happen, happens, that will be sweet. [face_devil]

25. Darth_Windu29

Darth_Windu29 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Yes It Will Be Cool For A Mace VS Bubba Fight. That would be sweet.

"This Party's Over" :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.