main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Official Fett Family Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Missninfan, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Well, we all know that Jango got his Suit form the Mandalorians, right? So, you can figure that those markings are form the Mandorlores, right? And I think they said it on Star Wars.com in his info...

P.S. I'm going to post that music vid pretty soon... Oh yeah, you guys can call me Jango, instead of Jango313.

2. AutumnFett

AutumnFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey all you Fett Family folks. Haven't posted in a while but have been around. Attack of the Clones started at another theater here on Friday, and it's just $2 but believe it or not, the screen is large, the sound is good, and the print is perfect. It was awesome to see that great scene on Kamino with Jango, Boba, and ObiWan again.
    And I'd forgotten how amazing the seismic charges sound in that huge theater! It's been awhile since I'd seen the movie, so the fight scene in the rain on Kamino was so exciting again (well, not that it was NOT exciting before, but after about 25 times seeing it close together, since time had passed, the excitement was back again)
    That intense look that Jango gives ObiWan when he says "always a pleasure to meet a jedi" still gives me chills...the look in Jango's eyes, so threatening.

My friend that was with me made me laugh out loud, though, right when Taun We says 'welcome back' to Jango while he's rolling up his sleeves, she whispers that great in-joke for Temuera fans..."fix the man some eggs."
    I had to laugh.

Don't everyone disappear forever on us!

3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That's great that you got to see it again, Autumn. I haven't seen it since June. It was great in theatres though. I'm hoping it doesn't loose anything on DVD.

And here's the info on the Mandalorians and Jango from TOS:

Jango Fett was orphaned at an early age, the son of simple Concord Dawn farmers killed by brutal marauders. At the age of ten, he was picked up by Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel, who introduced Fett to a harsh world of mercenary life. He was raised among great warriors, learning to survive in the rugged frontiers. Though the Mandalorian supercommandos were wiped out by the Jedi Knights, Jango was one of the few left to still wear the armor.

4. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Hey guys, I just went to the Mall and got three Boba Fett books. The first is called "Mandalorian Armor". The second, "Slave Ship". And third, "Hard Merchandice". Has anyone else read these books?

5. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
  6. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Where is everybody? *looks out in a big, empty room*

7. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I have the Bounty Hunter Wars book. It's all those books you mentioned but put into one. I haven't read it yet....but have heard things. And this thread does get slow from time to time....so you have to be patient when it comes to replys.

8. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    It's about Dengar rescuing Boba from the Sarlacc and the events after that about Boba. It's everything you see in the Expanded Universe section in Boba's Info. And sorry, I can get impatient from time to time...

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Jango, I've read all three. They are alright, not my favorite SW books though. While I enjoy reading about Boba, it had a lot more than just him. Some of it I just found boring.

And as MsFormula said, please don't post three times in a row. We will reply, just wait a little bit. Thanks! :)

10. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
  11. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Good Morning everyone!!!

12. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    I just wanna say that I got a new Icon. I love the Fetts!!! This Icon is spooookey!!!
    :D

13. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    I just ot back from school, it was a killer...

14. MsFormula

May 20, 2002
    Please don't post useless posts....Mods. look down on that. And there are alot of mods. on these boards.

15. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay... Where was everyone? You weren't on for two days!!!!

16. MsFormula

May 20, 2002
    Well, we do have lives. I work and have a house to take care of. I try to get on as much as I can, but we all do get busy from time to time.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Jango Fett: Open Season #4 came out yesterday, and it turns out that really was Jango Fett at the end of #3 and not Montross (which means the frame story of the series takes place after the Bounty Hunter game).

SPOILERS!

Fett and Dooku negotiate terms for using him as the clone model. Dooku inquires into how he escaped from his slavery (pirate attack on the ship he was aboard).

Fett later reacquired his armor from the traitorous governor.

He goes after Vizsla above corellia, smashing a ship in his ship's engines after apparenmtly jumping out the airlock and crashing in through the viewport.

Fett and Vizsla battle one on one, eventually ending up in an escape pod together, and crashing onto Corellia after the ship explodes.

During their fight, Vizsla slightly poisons Jango to slow him down, Fett manages to give a severe cut to Vizsla with his arm blade to the gut.

"You think this cut is gonna kill me?"

"No, but they will." Jango replies, motioning towards the pack of wild mountain-lion-like creatures that have gathered nearby.

Jango falls unconcious but later is awakened by some boys, who wonder why the pack didnb't eat him- "guess they thought I was bad meat", referring to the poison.

Fett make hsi final demand to Dooku for an unaltered clone. Dooku says "a son? i didn't think you were the sentimental type", Jango replies- "Not a son. An apprentice. He will be Jaster's Legacy."

END SPOILERS

18. MsFormula

May 20, 2002
    Thanks for letting us know it's out. I'm going to have to go by the bookstore on Monday and pick it up.

19. Jettafice

Jettafice Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    Out of curiosity, where have you been able to find 'Open Season'? I was able to get the first two at Wal-mart in Iowa, but since moving to Florida, I can't find anything. The Wal-marts around here don't seem to carry them, and I've had no luck with Borders or Barnes & Noble. You have no idea how insane that has driven me. So if you could provide me with any other widespread distributers, it would be greatly appreciated...

20. MsFormula

May 20, 2002
    Is there a Books a Million by you?? I'm in Florida also, and there is one by me....that is where I've been getting mine. Also, there is a website that carries lots of Star Wars comics. The site is called Things from Another World....here's the link to it

tfaw.com

That's where I had to buy the 1st issue of Open Season's.

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for the info, 2ndQuest. Sounds interesting. I've never read any comics, and would have no idea where to start. I think I'll buy the Star Wars Tales series in paperback as well as the ESB Infinities once it comes out in paperback as well. But while I read the books, I feel like I'm missing a lot of Boba's adventures because I don't read them.

22. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I have Tales of the Bounty Hunters Jango.

23. Jettafice

Jettafice Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    Well I did some looking, at the Books A Million closest to me, isn't really that close at all. Why did I have to live at the bottom of the state?!?! But out of sheer eerie coincidence, I found out my sister starts a job at Books A Million on Monday. So now I have her looking for me.

Thanks for the information MsFormula...

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I've never read any comics, and would have no idea where to start. I think I'll buy the Star Wars Tales series in paperback as well as the ESB Infinities once it comes out in paperback as well. But while I read the books, I feel like I'm missing a lot of Boba's adventures because I don't read them.<<

If your looking for Fett comics, here're the ones off the top of my head-

Boba Fett: Death, Lies and Treachery - While the missions he goes on in these are a little silly, Fett is always on top of his game in these. The artwork is similar to Dark Empire (same artist- Cam Kennedy)

Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction - This is more easily found as part of the "Bounty Hunters" comic collection, and features a show down between Fett and the imposter, Jodo Kast. Very cool.

Boba Fett: Agent of Doom - A one-shot comic that I haven't had the time to read yet, sorry[face_batting]

Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire - Vader vs. Fett, need I say more?

Star Wars Tales: Volume 2 - This contains, I believe, the short story regarding Fett, Sintas, and their child.

And, fo course, he's featured in Dark Empire and Dark Empire 2.

For Jango-related stuff, there are two main points of interest-

The graphic novel, "Jango Fett" (whose storyline concludes in the "Zam Wesell" graphic novel).

And, the just-concluded Jango Fett: Open Seasons, which details most of Jango's origins.

On a sidenote, the upcoming video game Bounty Hunter will be set just prior to the Open Seasons' frame story, and tells of Jangos' revenge on Montross, and how Jango acquires Slave 1 from him.

25. MsFormula

May 20, 2002
    No prob!! The 1st Books a Million I went to was is in West Palm....till I found out there was one near me. They got some stuff you can't find at other bookstores. Where in Florida are you??

The2ndQuest,

I have some of the Boba Fett comics. They're pretty good. I have a Star Wars Classic one with Boba Fett on the cover also. It was a decent one. Can't remember the # off my head right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.