main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Official Fett Family Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Missninfan, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
  2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I hold the record ofr one of the dumbest things ever said! =D
    Me and my friend got out of the theater just after wtching AotC. We got to talkig about Jango and I was going off on how cool he was.
    Well I went off on how I wish he hadn't died and such and such.
    Then it just. . . came out. . .
    I said 'Well, they could just clone him I suppose!'
    My friend gave me this look 'What movie did you just watch?'
    'Huh? OH! Well I meant an unaltered clone.'
    'Again. What movie did you just watch?'
    '. . . d'oh. . .'

3. chemp

chemp Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    can anybody tell me what the 3/4 lines boba fett says in the original series???

chemp

4. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    He has more than 3/4 lines :p

Tayschrenn

5. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Some of Boba Fett's lines are (from memory) in EMPIRE:

"As you wish"

"What if he doesn't survive [Han Solo], he's worth a lot to me"

"Put him in the Cargo hold"

JEDI:

"AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH"

6. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Thanks for the list of books!! I'm getting the 3 in 1 Bounty Hunter Wars book....so it'll have the whole collection. I have the Jango Fett one-shot, which I liked very much. How it shows him caring for Boba. I'm still trying to get the open seasons one. I'm also getting the Star Wars charater book. Well, TTYL!!!

7. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I can hear the Boba Fett 12" figure over and over in my head:

"Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold"

"He's no good to me dead"

"What if he doesn't survive" (he means a lot to me)

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    AOTC-

"Yeah."
    "Sure."
    "Dad, Taun We's here."
    "What is it, Dad?"
    "Dad, look!"
    "I think we're being tracked!"
    "Heh heh."
    "Look out!"
    "Get him, Dad, get him! Fire!!"
    "heh heh."

ESB:

"As you wish."
    "He's no good to me dead."
    "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
    "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

ROTJ:

"What the?!?!?!?!?AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH-oof!"

9. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I' ve been hearing a lot about this Jaster Mereel, but I don't know who he is. Could someone enlighten me?

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    on the subject of Boba's Age:

Daniel Logan is 14 (he'll be 15 in July), so at the time of filming I guess he would have been 13. So going on HIS age, Boba would be 15 or 16 in Ep. III.

BUT of course actors don't always play their same age. Boba's unaltered, no growth accel.. and the oldest of the altered clones are 10, right? So for Boba to be older than that, he would've had to have been the oldest clone, made earlier than the rest.

-sj

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I' ve been hearing a lot about this Jaster Mereel, but I don't know who he is. Could someone enlighten me? <<

Jaster Mereel was supposed to be Boba Fett's real name when he was younger (say, in his 20's), as given him back in 95/96 or so. At least, that was the author's original intent, but it's only been given offhanded references here and there, and with the new information provided by AOTC, we know that he wasn't born Jaster Mereel, but assumes the name at some point in time after Episode 3. From the new Jango Fett: Open Seasons comic, we now know that Boba got the name (and his suit of armor) from Jango's former mentor. The "skull" insignia is the symbol for Jaster Mereel's unit.

12. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    Um...hi. :) A friend of mine asked me to find out how she could get Temuera Morrrison's and Daniel Logan's autographs. I've been looking for an address that one could send a letter to, but I haven't found anything. I thought maybe the Fett fans could help me. :)

13. Darth_Windu29

Darth_Windu29 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Heather Why Don't u post a topic. If not Episode3 spoilers Star Wars Miscillanious.(However You Spell that lol)

"This Party's Over" :cool:

14. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I remember back in the late eighties/early nineties I liked the EU. There really wasn't much other than the West End Games (WEG) books, but I found them fascinating. WEG is really the origin of Boba Fett's possible escape from the Sarlaac. It was only hinted at in several different passages and even more so in the newer releases. They are also responsible for the character Joda Kast, the copy-cat bounty hunter which Boba dealt with in "Twin Engines of Detruction". When WEG did a sourcebook for "Dark Empire", they finally put together the whole story of Boba's escape from the Sarlaac. WEG was also the first time that the story of IG-88 versus Boba Fett over Tatooine appeared. All of the later stories (Shadows of the Empire and such) lifted their ideas concerning Boba from the pages of WEG (not the silly Jaster Mereel, though). I just thought this would be some interesting history as to where so many later ideas for Boba came from.

I still enjoy these early publications, even though I do not consider them as anything more than "alternate universe stories". They were much better than what is currently offered in the EU. I like the WEG stuff more than the current Role playing game information from Wizards of the West Coast.

15. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    Thanks, Darth_Windu. :) I might do that.

16. Darth_Windu29

Darth_Windu29 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    No, Problem.

"This Party's Over" :cool:

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Tomorrow is Daniel Logan's 15th b-day!!!

-sj

18. NewbiesArePeopleToo

NewbiesArePeopleToo Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    daniel logan is a good actor :)

19. JimboTheFett

JimboTheFett Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Jango Fett seems to have a way cooler death then Boba even though Boba's was funny he just hit a wall and fell.

20. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    Darth Jamus I couldn't agree more. I was beginning to think I was the only one around here who felt that way.

21. PLO_KOON_DUDE

PLO_KOON_DUDE Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2002
    Im gettin annoyed readin the posts....for those of u who havent noticed it, BOBA FETT SIRVIVED THE SARLACC. He was ressiced by Dengar and the story goes on....

22. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    "BOBA FETT SIRVIVED THE SARLACC. He was rescued by Dengar and the story goes on...."

And you have West End Games to thank for that, PLO_KOON_DUDE. Just remember, though, the novelizations are not considered to be part of the film universe, so Boba is dead. I like him and enjoy some of his early EU adventures (post ROTJ), but I know that he really dies in ROTJ as far as the movie saga goes. That is why we all would like the scene in Jedi to be refilmed, so as to reflect the full story arcs presented with the prequels. The EU stuff can still be enjoyed in its own context, even the Jaster thing for those who like it.

BLACKPOOL, its nice to know that I'm not alone. Are you still planning on creating some story boards of your neat ideas for Boba's death in ROTJ? We all look forward to it if you are. As for the EU, give me the really old (ten years +) stuff any day!

23. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    Some of my favorite EU reading was the Han Solo Adventures by Dailey. I loved the idea of The Corprate Sector Authority. But for me, the EU became the AU after Shadows of the Empire when they tried to say that some green purfumed lizard man actually came up with the Emperor's plan in ROTJ. R I P.

Yeah, I have decided to go ahead with the storyboards. The images are so clear in my mind that they are just begging me to put them down on paper :)

24. Darth Jamus

Jun 1, 2000
    Prince Lizard from Shadows Of The Empire did suck, didn't he. He was so Star Trek! I quite the EU when they came out with the "Dark Lords Of The Sith" and "Dark Empire 2" comic series. Those stank! It was bad enough to have a buffolo as Jedi Master, but when that tree came to life as another Jedi Master in DE2, that was it!

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I quite the EU when they came out with the "Dark Lords Of The Sith" and "Dark Empire 2" comic series.<<

While you have legimate complaint with DE2...DLOTS though? The original Tales of the Jedi, DLOTS, The Sith War & Redemption form one of the best star wars stories period. ::)

(Not to mention if it wasn't for the series, we probably wouldn't have a double-balded lightsaber in TPM[face_batting] )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.