main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official FF Europe meeting 2006 in Berlin, Germany, from 16. - 20.08.2006, planning thread

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    I agree. Matt, do you have a house in Germany? :D Or you mean Michi's place? ;)

Definitelly, July. So, there's less than a year to meet again! :D :p

2. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    "After we *are* Pope and World Championship 2006, we have to be FF-Europe Meeting 2006, too! "
    Hehe as Portugal was when we hosted the FF at the same year as the Euro. :p

"Wherever it is, I'll be there... I think I said that like a million times during the meeting this year."
    But u didn't came to Portugal! :_|

Hong Kong... hmmm why not Tokyo? :p

Manu, even if alone, if u give it enough dedication u can even do it all alone. I proved that even to the Portuguese that didn't believe we had the hability to host one when i suggested it in 2003. And i don't know if enji also organized it alone but i get a bit that sense, wich proves even more that. It's not has much the quantity but the quality that matters. :)

Hugs and kisses to all.

3. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001

I don't think meeting after the World Cup is a good idea, since we will be too busy celebrating 1st position!

[face_dancing] :D

4. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Tiago, I know I didn't come to Portugal... you have no idea of how much I wanted to come! :_|

But next time I'm noy going to let something as trivial as lack of money stop me. Oh no!

5. Rogue_Fan

Rogue_Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Why not? That's whats usually stops you from going to Gothenburg every summer, isn't it? Ok, I know that wasn't the case this summer, but my point still stands. Or not :confused:)

6. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Certainly, Kostas... ;)
    What if not? ;)

7. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I hope for Germany as the meeting place. Cause then i might have a chance to see everybody again without skipping work, cause you know.. my boss sucks

8. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I'd love to go to Germany again, any idea what City might play host if we do go there?

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    we're still working on that

skim over our thread to see every city mentioned. except Kleeve :p

10. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Hey, we are working on it too! :p But yes, we are also having some troubles :(

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Wouldn't it be less fun, if there are no "troubles"? ;)
    As long as "trouble" means the decision of city, what to do and so on. ;)

12. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    July sounds definately better than August! Then I (probably) will be able to attend! :D

13. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I checked the dates for my next term and uni ends for summer on 29th of july for me... :(

What about later august or early september?

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I think it will depend a bit on where the meeting will be - because of the heat or possibility of good weather.

But for me I just would really prefer if it isn't in the time of the first weekend. :) Ok, the second weekend is a bit dangerous as well, but no as much as the first weekend. ;)

15. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    dangerous? :eek:

16. Aurora-prime

Aurora-prime Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2005
    Ooooh this sounds very good!! Count this newbie in!! By the way isnt there some European subsidy from ESF, which would be applipable for Intergalactic, stiumalting, social, creative gatherings?!?! :D

17. MASTERANNIE

MASTERANNIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Count also ME in!I couldn't come at this meeting (even 'cause I heard 'bout it too late...) but I'd love to come to the 2006's [face_peace]

18. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Would be the first Italian at an European meeting ;) *loves Italy* ;)

EDIT: And the first Dutch of course ;)

EDIT2: BTW, we are leaving for Berlin tomorrow to visit my brother and we are going to check out possibilities for a meeting there. We'll be back at Sunday evening. See you then! :) [:D] *hugsall* [:D]

19. Nuklear

Nuklear Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings

I think Spain is the best choice. And we have to take in consideration that they have not receive a major event since Barcelona `92 olympic games! The best cities, for me, would be Seville, La Coruña or Madrid. Its best for French and portuguese fans, as obviously for spanish!

20. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Barcelona '92 and Seville EXPO in '92 ;)

We're working on it. Seville and Madrid are in candidate cities :D But we have to speak about it! ;)

We'll make something... cool :cool:

21. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I don't care when or where the meeting is... I'll be there! :D

OA says that she wants me to say that she prefers July... or perhaps early August.

22. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    I really want to go too! :( But I have no clue If I'll be able to

Now that I've checked, I don't mind Augost or July. But of course I want Jule in that meeting! :D [:D]

We keep working on it :cool:

23. Nuklear

Nuklear Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, Expo `92! How could I forget!Ive brrn there. Recently Spain also received the UEFA Cup Final, in Seville `03, and Valencia will receive the sailing America Cup.

I vote for Seville!! :)

24. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Yeah! That's true ;) And we were "close" to the the olympics at 2012 ;)

What I would like to ask everybody... are you capable of being at 40 grades? I mean, not the whole day, but some hours ;) :D

25. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    'What I would like to ask everybody... are you capable of being at 40 grades?'

Probably not, I've never had a siesta before :p
    I'm sure us Northern Europeans could rise to the challenge though, although my vote still goes for Germany and not just because of the cooler, more managable temperatures ;)

Me and dom are pretty flexible when it comes to dates, but I also feel that Jule simply HAS to be there!! So anytime in August or September is cool with us :cool: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.