main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official FF Europe meeting 2006 in Berlin, Germany, from 16. - 20.08.2006, planning thread

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Same here :)

I would like it to be Germany and no event without my lovely sister :)
    Any date is good for me cause it does not matter when i will have trouble to get a few days off :)

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know how it is to have 40°C. Never had it in Germany. So I can't say anything about it. But I hope that I would get used to it fast, although a few days to get used to warm weather (if the weather is as bad as this summer in Germany) would be great, but I think that's not doable, right? ;)

3. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I love it when it's warm... I loved it when I was in Italy earlier this summer and we had like 35-37 degrees. [face_love]

I guess Johanna will tell you that she almost dies in temperatures that high, though. :p

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ups... forgot to say something. Thanks for the reminder, Nina. :)

I also love it when it is warm. [face_love]

Nina, did you ever have those high temperatures in Sweden? And if yes, is there a difference? I mean does 36° doesn't feel so warm in Italy than it would in Sweden?
    Senny said something about this, but I never felt it myself. :(

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I can stand 40, if I'm indoors with a nice working air conditioning. Otherwise someone will have to drag me, and keep my supplied with water. I'm a true winter person, not compatible with heat at all.

6. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Well, we never get 36 degrees in Sweden... I think the highest we've ever had in Uppsala (where i live) is 33 or something. But yes, it does feel warmer when it's 30 degrees in Sweden than when it's 30 degrees in Italy or Spain or Greece. Dunno why, maybe it has something to do with the moisture in the air or something.

7. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Dammit, I erased the post accidentally.

I meant that, don't think we would ALWAYS be at that temperature. Consider that as a extreme case ;)
    Most of time we're at 32-35 grades in the summer, and depending in which part of Spain, of course. Consider I'm talking about Seville, which is a "hot point" ;) The good thing about our heat is that it is Dry, a way better than Wet hot, in which case you can't get out of it (case of Cuba).

Believe me, I'm a person used to hot, and I would know when to get a walk though the city to see things, and when you be indoor ;) . So, people who want 40 grades, I'm sorry, you won't get them easily :D

8. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I have no idea what you all want but that's defenitly the way to get it :p

Sure it would be great to have the meeting in Germany. But I also think that every FanForce should feel free to run for host. Then the majority will decide.
    And I've already spent august in spain with 40°C... as long we don't have to do much more than just lying on the beach heat is fine with me ;)

9. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    What about that common agreetment you talk with me about, Jule??? :p

Of course, I want Hong Kong to the the candidate city! :D

10. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I can run Hong Kong's campain. After all, I've lived there...

So...

Come to Hong Kong for the FFE meeting! There's lots to do in Hong Kong, and you'll have an experience you won't forget in a hurry! Great food, lots of people, a cool amusement park, loads of cheap stuff to buy... :D

11. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Cheap things... copies of european brands... :D

I love to study economics.

12. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Psst, you want a *real* (sniggers) Rolex for 25 dollars? ;)

13. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    If you pay the shipping.... :p

14. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Eh, no. :p

15. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    I love to see how you love me! :(

Any friend would pay the shipping, right?? :( :( :(

16. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yeah yeah yeah... I'll get you one. :p

17. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Actually, you have my adress [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

18. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I just want to warn everybody that Nina is now sitting at the same computer as she was sitting, hmm, what should I say, a couple of weeks ago.

btw, This is Johanna.

19. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I'd rather be in 40° hot Spain than in 28° warm Germany! I love heat! It's (partly) in my blood ;)

also, I'll try my hardest to be in Turkey before that, so I'll be used to it all the more! (I don't think that was real English now, but meh)

and Johanna posting as Enji confuses me :(

20. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, she stole the keyboard, that evil thing.

21. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Oh dear. Thanks god I wasn't online by that time :p

22. Nuklear

Nuklear Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002

Well said!! Anyway, Sevilla is the hottest city in Europe. I went there in May `03, for the UEFA Cup final, and there were 42º!! But if the meeting is indoors, that won`t be a problem, right?

I would like to know, since i´m new in such matters, who will organize the event, talk with sw celebrities, etc, etc..

It would be nice to make something like Indy convention. And sw has a lot of European actors, as we know (neeson, mcgregor,palpy...)

23. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    sw celebs?

The only celebs attending will be the members of the various Fan Forces.

Seriouse this "European FanForce Meeting" is just about meeting the people you are used to talk to ever the net. And for the hosting FanForce it's a nice oportunity to show the guest their beautiful country or at least the capital city or wherever the meeting is going to be held.

There is absolutly no need for a convention centre, sw celebs or whatever. Simply going to the cinema, having dinner together, play games in a park, slater each other with platic lightsabres and having fun together. That's simply it. But it's sooooo much fun ;) :D

At the moment it's not settled yet, where the meeting is going to be next year. But there are a few upcoming candidatures the variouse chapters are working on like Spain and Germany. ;)
    The FanForcers are going to decide in the end (or I have to kill Manu [face_devil] :p) and then the "winning" FanForce will start organising the meeting. That's a bit idealistic, I fear, but for my FanForce (GsFF) it won't be the chapter rep alone to do it ;)

You can read the reports from one of the last meetings if you want. I think they will give you an idea what it was like in Stockholm, Lissabon or Paris :)

24. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I would love to go to Seville. After all, it has a piece of Naboo. :D
    (What is it called, again?, "plaza publico"?)
    I just saw a television documentary showing old moorish buildings in souther Spain, and I would like to see them, especially the Alhambra in a nearby province.

On the other hand, Germany is in the middle of Europe, has many active members and it could be easier for many of us to go there.

25. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Don't get me wrong Jule, but I feel very hurted with your message, even possibily it wasn't your purpose. How can you say that? How you could think in that way? You do own publicity by saying in my candidacy only me will be able to organize that. Yeah, I'm sure GSFF will be more people working on it than in FFSpain, but what?

See, I know GSFF probably will make a huge candidacy, amazing. But if I've managed to make the FFSpain official, I'll manage to do a good candidacy, alone or with someone else. I don't care. If the only way I have to meet you all again is to bring you to Spain, I'll fight for it.

That's all I have to say. Actually, if this goes out or what it really is, you can get your candidacy. I'll still trying to go to germany.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.