Official FFUK: North Summer BBQ... Sat 11th August

Discussion in 'North' started by darth_frared, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Martina, I'd love you for ever if you made Wookiee Cookies again :D =P~

I think it would be best not for us to bring our own stuff (unless you really need too) and just split the bill between us all.
  2. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    All sounds good Martina!

I'm happy to get the stuff and split the bill, but I will NOT buy meat...sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just me! The meat eaters will need to bring their meat. Meat eaters will also need to think about how to cook their meat- disposable BBQ's perhaps?
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I disagree on this point. There will be both vegetarians and carnivores there, and people with nut allergies/fussy eaters. I'd recommend that the veggies buy their own stuff together, same for the carnivores, and if anyone with specific food requirements wants to get their own stuff, it works out better.
  4. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, however people want to do it, all I'm saying is that I won't be buying any meat.
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you on that one Suzi. Didn't see your post before I'd replied (boards are really slow) so I was disagreeing with Cozmic.

I'm happy with co-ordinating with all the carnivores on buying the meet :)
  6. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Ah, ok then.....I forgive you :p

Once we have a few more opinions, we can sort out what we'll do.

Yes, it may be worth anyone with food allergies to either speak up on here (if you're happy to) or PM Sie, Coz or myself....I'd really not like anyone to die whilst at my house!
  7. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I'd really not like anyone to die whilst at my house!

Now that would be a meet long remembered :p
  8. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm happy to go along with what ever, I just wanted it to be fair and equal when it came to food and money [face_peace]

I'm sure we can do a little meat shop on the Saturday :p
  9. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a nut allergy - not a major one, just a 'dont consume' one. Similar with any shell-fish.

As for bbq food - meat. That is to say I would like my bbq to have: Steak; Pork; Sausage; Chicken etc etc. ;) I'm quite happy to get one of them disposable bbq things unless someone has a means to get a real one there? Also, beer. That should cover me off :D

Okay, being less flippant, salad, bread, a few of those funky nice 'baked' crisps, jacket potatoes, pasta salad are all good things i'd be up for having a bit off/helping prepare.

I'm going to Spurs Vs Sunderland - it's a 12:45 kick off, so i'll be back in Newcastle I imagine some time around the 3:30 sorta mark...my last train home is 10:30 from Newcastle, so staying somewhere would be the preferred option - i have a sleeping bag and i'm not afraid to use it!

Oh, and i'm putting serious thought into bringing at least one lightsaber - who wants a fight!? :) (Suzi - is your garden big enough for some epic re-enactment moments?)
  10. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can I put in a request in for 'Skewered Ewok' please? (and no - I dont mean impaling Tim!:eek:).

Im happy to bring my own stuff and cook it there and then if needs be. Vege's are always the fussy ones anyway. But if you do want to split the bill for food, Im ok with that too (so long as I dont have to pay too much of the bill for slaughtering all the animals...)[face_skull]

Tim - move your body up Norf mate for this one! Deb and future child need to know who it is that occupies my internet time - you're almost like one of the family! (a stange Aunt kinda figure - maybe with a wig and a fetish for wrestling?)
  11. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know the feeling matey I have a Nut Allergy too - I dont mind bring my own food or if theres a local shop that sells
    Steak and Sausages as well as Chicken (I forgot to say Im a semi fussie eater) As for drinks I dont drink Larger [face_sick]Theres nothing like Stout ( Or Guinness) hence a local store.

12. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
  13. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh, tis all coming together! i'm thrilled![face_dancing]

it really is a matter of how many people and what they'll eat, which is why i suggested not everyone brings individual stuff. i'll go and test the savoury biscuits on my dad next weekend and i'll let you know how they go down :D
  14. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I definitely won't be able to make it, there is a lot going on.
  15. Jedi_Nath Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With the weather, I guess it'll be a swimming party ;)
  16. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dont be like that Just wait until you see the weather forcast on BBC Counrtyfile on Sunday for a 7 days forcast. I hope its good weather !
  17. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So are we chiping in on what every you buy Suzi, as well was buying our own meat?

Also meateaters, do we buy just for ourselfs or do we buy so much to share around?
  18. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Weather doesn't matter. We've discussed an indoor thing anyway.

Meat eaters buy together. We buy in bulk, everyone chips in. (Except those that have requirements, or at least until they've looked at the ingredients and satisfied if won't kill them)
  19. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    If the weather?s bad then we just cook and eat indoors.

Can we please decide if we?re having a wander round Newcastle first? If so, we need to agree on a time and I?ll meet you all at the station to take bags/sleeping bags etc. If people bring food, I?ll pick this up at the same time too. If people want to buy meat on the day, then there are butchers stalls in the Grainger Market in Newc and there?s also an Aldi next to the Metro Station we?ll be getting off at.

Ven- you can have a lightsabre fight if you wish, but I guess all you need now is a partner! It may also be useful for you to text one of us when the footie?s finished, as by that time we may be heading back to mine.

BBQ attendees:

1. Me
    2. Martina
    3. Sie
    4. Coz
    5. Jase & Debs
    6. Ven

It?d also be handy to know who needs to stay at mine:

1. Martina
    2. Coz (I?m guessing)
    3. Sie (I?m guessing)
    4. Ven

To save people bringing/carrying bags of food etc, why don?t I buy all the basic stuff (chips/dips, buns etc) and we split the bill for that? Then people buy or bring anything extra (meat, special dietary stuff) on the day? A few of you have already suggested items, so I can easily get these the day before. If people are happy with this, then make suggestions on here and I?ll make one big list (specific veggie stuff will be bought separately).

Martina and I will be preparing/shopping on the Friday anyway, so it seems to make a bit of sense???yes?.no?.?
  20. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will need to crash on your floor Suzi, if that's ok? [face_peace] :)

I'm happy with all that, probably best for all us meateaters to get together on the Saturday and buy what we need before you take the stuff back. Plus I wouldn't mind having a wonder round either.

BTW will you need a little bit for petrol, since your going to be doing a bit of driving that day?
  21. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    BBQ attendees:

1. Me
    2. Martina
    3. Sie
    4. Coz
    5. Jase & Debs
    6. Ven
    7. Leigh

I can easily get back home so I won't have to sleep over :)
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I'd like to requisition your floor if I may, Suzi? [face_batting]
  23. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Coz, Sie- yep, stay over no probs. I'm not too fussed about petrol £ as it's not too far a drive, tbh, but thanks for the offer, Coz.

If you all agree with the idea of me getting the basic foodstuffs on the Friday, make a list of ideas you have and I'll stick 'em on a list. I'll post the list on here on the Thurs or Fri so you can see what I'll get.

BBQ attendees:

1. Me
    2. Martina
    3. Sie
    4. Coz
    5. Jase & Debs
    6. Ven
    7. Leigh
    8. Dave

Staying at mine on the Sat:

1. Martina
    2. Coz
    3. Sie
    4. Ven
    5. Dave
  24. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just to let you know that the cheese biscuits were a success with the family and i'll definitely be making them again for our lot if nobody stoppeth me! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.