1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Senate Official Forum Rules and Policy Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Community Rules and Policy' started by Mr44, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm just curious. Are there ANY liberal moderators here? I can't think of any. I think they might all be conservative.

Actually, I'm fairly liberal.

Peace,

V-03
  2. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    V03;

Please don't bring your facts here. They have no place amongst the idle speculation, conjecture and general hysteria. [face_plain]

;) :D

E_S
  3. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    Given your cretinous comment in the terrorism thread, I would be inclined to place you in this category...

I could as easily accuse you of overly favoring your head. The heart guides what the head thinks, sorry you think otherwise. It is logical to use compassion in arguments, and thus denounce lack of compassion sternly.
  4. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Compassion is well and good if it doesn't make you blast across the alkali flats of poor common sense in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...

E_S
  5. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what war apologists have been saying to anti war protestors for eons, and it has never changed their favoritism of compassion over cold legislation.
  6. DeathStar1977 Jedi Master

star 4
    you blast across the alkali flats of poor common sense in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...

You know ES that it is incredibly rude to use a quote without citing the source :p
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I'm somehow compelled to look at your sig when I reply, DS... [face_mischief]

Bendu, why must it be always be binaries? Pro- and anti-war. What about shades of grey..?

E_S
  8. Loopster Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You're either one or the other aren't you? Can't be half pregnant.
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I guess the point is not everyone is pregnant with the exact same kid. Though admittedly I find those who can only see thinks in absolutes to be lack lustre all round, so maybe this is my inherent bias speaking? :p

E_S
  10. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, being against war and violence does not make someone an absolutist. Everyone is supposed to be anti war, just as Pres Bush says, "nobody wants to go to war."

I happen to have a stricter set of criteria in determining when violence is necessary, and in guaging how much is appropriate. Call me sensible.
  11. son_of_the_tear Force Ghost

star 5
    Exactly.

My criteria for violence, for example, falls under "the time my uncle erased by saved game on Legend of Zelda after having reached Gannon's dungeon".

-_-

A whole summer I never got back.... oh summer of 1986... where have thou gone...
  12. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I'll call you sensible when you act sensibly. ;)

E_S
  13. Obi-Wan McCartney Force Ghost

star 5
    That last sig line is fab Ender! It's true too, it's funny and true!
  14. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, irony is grand isn't it? :p

E_S
  15. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, good lord. Now Vaderize is gone and ES is mod? Lord help us. Long live the conservative senate. How cyberspace does immitate life.
  16. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    We have a thread discussing my promotion already, on page 2.

E_S
  17. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    "Promotion?" Do you guys even get paid for this?
  18. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    Of course we do. As a mod, Ender_Sai receives a monthly check:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/famousAmos0307/modcheck1.jpg]
    As a manager, Mr44's check is double that. As an admin, I get double what a manager gets.

Kimball Kinnison
  19. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
  20. Kimball_Kinnison Chosen One

star 6
    I mean Definition #10. :p

Kimball Kinnison
  21. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, well I was speaking English, and not some colourful, upstart variant thereof. ;) [face_flag]

E_S
  22. Loopster Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Is it just me or do threads about cars and bikes and such belong in the JCC?
  23. Mr44 VIP

star 6
    Don't worry, there's room for both.

As the mature discussion thread, there's no rule that says "mature" always has to mean "knock down drag out political battle." The mature designation applies to the level of discussion, not the subject matter. As an example, if someone wanted to create a discussion thread about horses and equestrian issues, they would certainly be welcome to if there was some substance to it. We alway listen to ideas brought forth from the users..

Except E_S of course, he's always Paris Hilton this, Paris Hilton that, blah blah blah...
  24. Loopster Jedi Youngling

star 4
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Just an official note:

When someone posts a thread that's clearly not appropriate - and I'm specifically referring to the Bush/9/11 thread from earlier today - please don't stick in comments like "In before teh lock!!1!", "Why is this open?", or ":rolleyes:" etc.

The Mod Squad has ruled against "in before the lock" posts and to be honest, there's a bunch of spam posts in that thread. Your first act should be to contact a mod. If KK, Mr44 or myself aren't around, find someone who is. Don't think it's necessary to add your comments at every turn. It is considered spamming.

Cheers,

E_S
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.