Amph Official FRINGE: The Final Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    Is there a thread on this yet? I don't think so.

Fringe

Of course, I have to watch tonight. Thoughts on it later. Limited commercial interruption ftw. [face_dancing]

HTR spoilers, please.
  2. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
  3. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    pity post....

I got into Lost, so I love JJ (we are on a first name basis) I await your review
  4. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    What the heck? I don't remember quoting myself and posting. :confused:
  5. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    this starts in half an hour here. Previews look promising... and my friend saw the pilot at comicon and he said it was great. So I'm definitely watching tonight.
  6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
  7. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  8. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I watched the 2nd half.
    Now i have to watch the encore on sunday to see the first half to understand what the hell i watched.

It was interesting so far.
    But i'm not sold quite yet on this 12 Monkeyish and Minority Reportish show.
  9. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    [image=http://img.youtube.com/vi/Q5im0Ssyyus/2.jpg]
  10. Uncle_Enzo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wait, is that the show that sums up FOX's status amongst the major networks?
  11. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    It was weird... but I kinda liked it. Not completely sold on it though... we'll see after a few more episodes.
  12. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    It was pretty good, but I'm not sold, either. Did anyone notice one of those commercial break images was a hand with six fingers?

Anyway, the drop in quality from this show to the next- Hole in the Wall- was like falling from Mt. Everest to the bottom of the Marianas Trench. [face_plain]

edit: nice to see one of the BoB guys. The only people I've seen in stuff since that are Damian Lewis, the guy that played Malark, and the one dude who was in Transformers, however briefly.
  13. gonzoforce Force Ghost

star 5
    well, what do you expect, it's Fox.

Haven't had a chance to see it yet, I'm going to watch it later on tonight. But it's an Abrahms show, so I'm giving it a chance. All of his pilot episodes have been great, including Felicty.
  14. SpawnofSidious Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed it. I'll probably be watching it again next week.
  15. Ostrich_Stapler Force Ghost

star 5
    Hooray, another show where biotechnology/cloning is evil. [face_plain]
  16. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Did you watch the show? Because I did not get that impression at all.
  17. gonzoforce Force Ghost

star 5
    I liked it, it wasn't as good as the Lost Pilot, but like I said in another thread, what show can be? Actually, I think out of all of Abrams pilots, Fringe was the weakest one. It was still good, but it just felt off. Maybe it's cause Abrams didn't direct it, who know how good it could of been he directed it.

Still though, there's a lot of potential for this series, that is if Fox doesn't cancel it, like that other sci-fi show from another creative genius. And the rating were decent, but not spectactular for the pilot, so one has worry a bit for the show's future. It's a sci-fi show on fox and we all know how they treat those kind of shows.
  18. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    I enjoyed the pilot, but it wasn't as good as the Lost pilot. I'll definately be watching next week. Also, we have our first mythology term The Pattern.
  19. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    What do we think of tonight's episode?

I really enjoy all the Massive Dynamic stuff. Obviously, secrecy and intrigue is entertaining, though I do wonder if it's getting old... Abrams certainly gives us our fill of it in Alias and LOST.

I thought the technology in tonight's episode was a little forced. I don't know, it just feels too manipulated. The writers haven't really found a way, or don't care, to make it at least believable within the realm of the show's special logic. Well, actually, the rules for the show don't even seem to be there yet.

That stuff with Stacy (the second girl)... when the son told her to look at the bridge, it was so obviously some plot point that would turn up later. And I knew he'd use an anesthetic on her or something.

I'm just disappointed so far.

edit: oh, and so far, there are no memorable characters. Except, perhaps, Nina Sharp (the Massive Dynamic woman).
  20. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Watched the pilot online just the other day and enjoyed it. Might be a show I actually keep up with.

SO far Dr. Bishop is easily fave character.
  21. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    I thought the second episode was a crapload better then the first.

That first scene, btw, was just creepy as hell. :p
  22. AcklayComeHome Force Ghost

star 7
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/merke/Kane.jpg]
  23. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Part of me thinks I should stop watching the show because it might give me nightmares, but as long as I stick to the "Man...Joshua Jackson is hot" line of thought while watching, I think I'll be alright.
  24. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    Are you referring to Joshua Jackson? It was Josh Duhamel in Transformers. Jackson was in that movie Shutter (which had that blonde girl from Transformers).

Of course, the two writers on Fringe also did the scripts for Transformers and its sequel.

Any more Transformers talk? Oh yea- Massive Dynamics was originally rumored to be a company in Transformers 2, not Fringe. There you go. :)
  25. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    I'm talking about the cop in TRANSFORMERS who briefly interrogated LaBeouf's character- the guy who thought Mojo's drugs were Witwicky's. He was also in BoB. He's not in FRINGE, but I mentioned him earlier as a tangent about not seeing many BoB actors in later stuff. There is another Band of Brothers star that is in FRINGE, though, that's Kirk Acevedo.