main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official FRINGE: The Final Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Entertaining episode, tonight. The Observer feels like a Cigarette-Smoking-Man rip-off, though.

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Personally he seemed different enough from CSM for me not to care, his got enough interesting angles going on, and I don't even think he's full analogous.

3. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    fringe gets a full 22 episode season.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i37b62a68b259c939ca31226d83d20fdc

which is good news, cause I'm starting to really get into this show.

then again, if the screen actors guild strike, which it looks like they will be, that will suck.

4. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Fun episode so far. I like the "mystery du jour."

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So, TVNZ has pulled season 2 after 6 or so episodes, so I'm catching up by other means. The show's been getting steadily better, and the previous 2 episodes I watched were really good.

Sat down last night to watch season 2, ep 11 "Unearthed" about some teenage girl who gets possessed by the soul of a russian speaking murdered wife-beating marine, when all of a sudden AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!

WTF? Airing a terrible episode dropped from season one in the middle of season two, right when he story is really building momentum is bad enough, but one where one of the recurring characters from season one appears who has been killed off??? I know it's Fringe, and you can't rule that kind of stuff from actually happening in the plot, but for it to happen due to an old episode being plonked in the middle of a new season is appalling.

Anyway, just ranting at this stupidity. Please HTR spoilers for Seasons 2 & 3 if you want to discuss the newer episodes.

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Ugh. The next episode 'Jumanji' sucked as well. Deformed people who lived in a small town near a miltary base. These Monster of the Week episodes aren't a patch on the Mythology ones. At least X-Files Monster of the Week episodes were fun.

I want Nimoy, And Massive Dynamic and parallel universes pls.

7. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    So I've had an interesting journey with Fringe. I watched the first third of the first season then thought it was going to be an obvious cancellation.

Nope.

I watched the rest of the first season on DVDs recently, and the finale with the WTC had me hooked. I was assured by someone else on this board that things get really good in the second season.... at first, I was like... "What? It's just more monster-of-the-hour stuff so far..."

But damn if it doesn't get interesting right after the halfway mark. [face_hypnotized]

It took a while for the show to figure out what it was really about, but now it's really found that groove and it's building up into an excellent stride. In an earlier post I mentioned that Nina Sharp was the most interesting character, but now I find the reverse to be true... she's one of the least interesting now. All the leads are far more compelling with some excellent potential (alternates included). It's rare for all of a show's main characters to have such promise like that.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/fringe-hits-all-time-low-cancellation-is-possible/32999

Haven't seen the latest, but last week was average. Flashback ep. the week before that was excellent though. Need more crossover eps, Fauxlivia is hot. Need to pick up the pace re: the machine too - seems the mythology arc is stagnating.

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Yeah the first part of season one is boring, then it gets good for a while, then boring for the first half of season two, before really becoming a blockbuster in the second half. Season three is pretty consistently great tho.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    4th season confirmed!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fringe/a-note-from-fox/10150132604664271

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/2qE4j.jpg]

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I just finished the first two episodes of this show. Question: Does the assistant to the FBI agent ever become an actual character or do anything? Or does she just continue being a piece of movable scenery? I'm sort of confused about what her role on the show is, as a good portion of extras in any given episode have more lines of dialogue than she does.

13. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    You like her, don't you?

jp-30 likes this.
  14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Yes and no. They use her more as time goes on but she's still chronically underused.

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What do you mean by "like?"

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Astrid is a hottie fo sho.

17. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Jasika Nicole is a lesbian, sorry bros.

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, that was amusing. Goodbye Nimoy.

Animation was fun, pity nobody actually looked like their characters (and, yes, I'm sure it was all rotoscoped - just all looked a bit off).

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Machine 1 : Pacey 0

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Watching the new ep now and may I just say:

Brad Dourif.

Also did anyone else see "Water" (along with "hope") in the new titles? I lold.

22. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Haha, yeah! I said "did that say water?" and rewound, and that's when we noticed "hope." I picked up on "First People" before they became a part of the mythology in the show, so I always keep an eye on those words for little clues.

Gotta say, the first thing I thought of during the last scene was the Doctor disappearing into the Crack at the end of series 5 of Doctor Who, but there's lots of other stuff going on that I'm excited about too. Olivia, Fauxlivia, Walter, and Walternate all in the same room should make for a heck of a season-opener next year.

23. sabu

sabu Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2011
    Spot on!

24. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Great episode last night... up until the ending.

Once Peter "comes back" from the future into the 'present' at the machine... it was 'eh' and I didn't like the "he vanishes/never existed" ending. I was actually really getting into the future world and thought we might get a major dystopic future for the show... but nope....

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000