Amph Official FRINGE: The Final Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 9, 2008.

1. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Yeah, most likely. I don't know if it's going to happen any soon, though: they seem to be having fun with the altered timeline.
  2. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I don't think it will. Nobody knows who Peter is. Technically, he died at Reiden Lake, so it's the same universe, he just came back.

I think.
  3. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Apparently they said we'll be learning more about Olivia and Nina's relationship in the altered timeline so it's not going to revert immediately. Still, I'm not eager to totally erase the last 3 seasons of the show, so I hope they do revert back to blue, and sooner rather than later. I also think it was REALLY misleading for the Observers to say "he never existed" in the finale when he did exist, he just died as a child. I really thought that was going to be played out as "Walter never had a son."
  4. soitscometothis Chosen One

star 5
    I'm glad to see Peter back - he and Olivia are much more fun together than apart. Am I right in thinking Olivia now no longer possesses undefined psychic powers, but still retains her photographic memory?
  5. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Repeat episode? Bah.
  6. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah they said during last weeks' ep "IN TWO WEEKS"

This week it's new though!
  7. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Nevermind. Stupid World Series.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, the plot inches forward...
  9. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, Walter refusing to work with Peter, though interesting, is going to make this go at a snails' pace.

Though I like the idea of him seeing Peter as temptation. That's kinda cool.
  10. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
  11. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    FRINGE ON FRIDAY.

For those who don't follow Jasika Nicole on tumblr, she posted that she had filmed an Astrid-centric episode! I am very looking forward to that.
  12. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    She will have four speaking lines instead of two?
  13. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Why you gotta harsh my squee like that.
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9

Yay!!!! :D :D
  15. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    After the comments about Fringe's future, the episodes had better pick up some real steam immediately.
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Remind me... is Walternate in Orangeverse evil, or it / could it be all a shapeshifter Broyles in that universe doing bad stuff? I do find it hard to keep up...
  19. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I think the more likely implication is that Walternate simply produced a clone of his own chief scientist in order to kill in front of Peter in order to demonstrate his innocence. Otherwise, his decision to privately autopsy the shape-shifter's body and yank Fringe division off the case doesn't really make sense at all. Nor is it particularly clear where or how Broyles would develop the resources to put together an operation like that the Department of Defense is wholly unaware of.

Having just done a two season time skip, I'm pretty deeply disappointed that someone apparently isn't a central part of the cast. Also, that Fauxlivia woman has a bizarre gait.
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Thank you. I like that theory.

That's due to too much hot Fauxlivia sex.

21. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Really liked this episode. So Peter is trying to get to his universe, but he doesn't know that the one he's in is his, just without him?

Dramatic irony.

Ummm....so Jared Harris is the new villain? I really liked him as Moriarty, so I'd like to see more of him, but Broyles is working for him?

And Olivia is gonna die?
  22. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great episode.

Aspirin for the win.
  23. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  24. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm rewatching all episodes in preparation for the final season. I haven't seen the second half of season 3 and season 4 prior to this rewatch.
  25. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I already did that. I'm psyched they got picked up for a fifth and final season, and so happy that they're going with the flash forward plotline. Maybe if this season has spectacular ratings they might even get a spin off show?

^wishful thinking^