main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV OFFICIAL GALAXIES RELEASE DATE!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    June 26th

I can't wait til more of us can play. I also am a little bummed cause now I have to start paying to play. Oh well. We will be starting our own guild entitled, The Twin Suns Syndicate. I will work to get our HQ up ASAP on Tatooine near one of the starter cities. See the poll if you want to vote on which one. As soon as I can install the game, Talon and I will decide on the official TSS server. Whatever sounds closest to TSS probably SunRunner. Then we can all start building towards a better tomorrow IN THE STAR WARS GALAXY.

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    /// Waves hand in front of everyone /// You want Naboo, Tatooine is sandy and blah

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    see my reply in the poll. Personally, I like Tatooine, but am open to whatever.

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah Tatooine is fun and its Star Wars-ey and all that I just think Naboo is more interesting to look at

5. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I don't mind either, I just want the guild to be able to help with quests...

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    So what is the official release date now?

7. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    nevermind, June 26th, sweet I get paid that day, I know what I'm buying.

Let take bets on how many bugs it will have when it's first released...

8. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    No bets Im in the beta and it has PLENTY of bugs

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Wait, so like in 9 days? It's out in 9 days? How can it be out in 9 days?!?

NINE DAYS!!!!.... you better have more saki.

20 Moron Points for the first person who knows where that line is from.

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    <sarcasm>yeah, I am holding my breath for this one </sarcasm> As it stands, this game has been in production for upwards of 5 years now. I seriously don't think it will make the shelves in 8 days unless they have already started production of the CDs, but judging from all the bugs people are reporting, I doubt that is happening.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    They said in the last three years, they made over 65,000 changes to the game, and that 3,000 of those changes were in the last two weeks.

I think they will roll out. I've been playing, and since the last patch a couple of day ago, have seen no bugs.

12. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Well..I too believe it will roll out on the 26th.. However.. I cant say that I have been bug free since the last patch.

13. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    They're definitely releasing then. There are a lot of bugs, but even now its completely playable. The only major issue left is balance, in the economy and professions. Most of the complaints that I've seen in the boards is the fact that you can't master a profession in less than a week. People are just stupid when it comes to mmorpgs.

Every month in AC if someone didn't complete everything in the patch on the first day and was able to make a guide on it, then they whined that it wasn't really in the game. I don't understand how that's supposed to be fun. I guess I'm kind of ranting, sorry.

Last night I went to Jabba's palace and took some screenshots that I'll put up after the NDA is lifted. I was totally speechless since I was standing in Jabba's Palace. I didn't get to see Jabba though, there's a series of quests to do first.

14. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    There are going to be so many people playing this game I'll bet there will be a TON of lag, but it won't stop me from buying it the day it comes out.

how did you guys get into beta??? I signed up like a year ago and they never contacted me... I'm so jealous. But I'm very excited that I'll get to play soon. =D

I actually started playing EQ again in the last 6 months to occupy MMORPG time, but on the 26th I'll probably cancel my account. I don't want to be paying for two games every month.

Oh yeah, those of you who are in the beta I have a question. What kind of computers are you running the game on (hardware) and what resolution are you displaying??? How much detail do your machines handle? I need to know if I should upgrade anything?

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm running p3 800 with 256mb and a radeon 9700 pro card. This is below minimum specs according to the box, but it still runs. They designed the game so that even the top system right now is not able to play the game with full capacity. I think the game plays at a minimum of 1024x768, but I could be wrong there.

16. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
  17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I'm running an athlon 2.4 512 meg with a 266 fsb, and a geforce 4 TI 4600 at 1024 X 768 with most everything turned up full blast. And I only run into lag during heavily populated areas, so thats a server isue

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I am running on a 2 gig P4, 512 of RAM, with cable modem and a ATI 9800 with 128 of RAM, I have most things turned way up, and have the same results as Axia, although I like to dial things down a bit so I don't get surprise lag at a bad time.

Flamehead, check your PMs

19. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I am running a P4 2.8, 1.5 Gigs ram, 240 gig harddrive space and GForce TI 4600 as well and running fine. I found no lag what so ever. I am to pulled by playing the game because I have never payed to play a game before and the concept tome does not seem right. I want to play the game like crazy but I am torn. Can anyone give me some pro's and con's to help me make up my mind?

C

20. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I used to think paying monthly to play a game was stupid. Then Talon and Kronos told me about this little game called Asheron's Call. They all offer a free month when you buy the game so I thought I'd try it. And then my life changed completely. Now I have absolutely no problem paying for games. They have you pay to maintain the servers, but also to have a full-time staff dedicated to updating the game with new content on a regular basis, which is very very nice.

21. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    You are paying $15 a month to have some nerd sit on his butt and get paid to play. Ok, I think I found my new dream job. They don't really do anything other than be rule refs. The people who have to maintain the server have to actually work. I want to be an admin (not a dev).

22. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    GREAT! then it sounds like I shouldn't have a problem! I have an athlon XP 1900 with 512Mb DDR ram, and Gefore 4 ti 4600. I'm so excited about this game!

...Here's how I look at paying a monthly fee for a game; Brad buys a game at Fry's for $50 he beats the game in a few weeks. The game has no value to Brad anymore, so Brad goes back to Fry's and spends another $50 on another game. If this process continues, Brad will be spending $50 every month on games. BUT! a game like Everquest, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, etc...it's not likely that Brad will have beaten everything in the game or even see everything the game has to offer in one month, so it keeps him interested in continuing to play. Also they release patches every so often that changes the game somewhat and eventually they release expansions. So to pay a monthly fee of $10-$12 or whatever it is, instead of $50 a month to support a game habbit is well worth it in my opinion because it increases the replay value. I also agree with Gerson, you're paying to support those involved with keeping the game going. As long as patches are released they can debit my card every month for as long as I play.

Example: I've been playing everquest for two years (off and on) and only just recently do I have a high level character. That doesn't mean that I've seen everything there is to see either. Now that I'm high level I'm allowed to travel into high level zones that I've never seen before.

In conclusion, I think it's only worth it if you plan on playing the game at least a few hours a week. But you can just play for the first free month and see if you're entertained enough to pay a monthly fee. Allthough that's what I did with EQ and still havn't stoped playing. I do go through phases where I get so pissed at the game I stop playing for a week/month or so, but I eventually get pulled back in. I can't speak for other games but EQ keeps your character on their server for 6 months so even when I get so upset that I cancel my account, later when I decide to play again, I enter my credit card info and boom my character is still there to play! I hope they choose to do it that way with SWG.

"Just when I though I was out, they pull me back in!" -Michael Corleone

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Brad brings up all excellent issues. But the concept of continuing to pay for a game I already paid for is BEYOND lame in my opinion. (especially since I paid a bundle for the collectors edition for Galaxies)

So I have never played a MMORPG for this reason alone. (Though there were others) But This is life in the Star Wars universe. I....must....play. And the game is beyond awesome. I promised myself last night I would go to bed by 12:00. Oh its 12:00 well I want to do this one more thing...1:45 I went to bed to get up at 7:00 to go to work.

Buy the game, pay your fee and enjoy the purest form of Star Wars crack ever created.

24. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Star Wars crack!!!LOL hahaha!! that's right!!

25. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    crack...that's so true, I use to call Everquest, Evercrack!

...just out of curiosity, what do you get extra when purchasing the collectors edition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.