San Joaquin, CA *official* game night announcement

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Liz_Skywalker, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, following a DISCUSSION between two normal people living in the same home, we have come to an agreement[face_peace] [face_dancing] =D=

Jerry and I would like to invite everyone over to our humble abode this evening, around 7 or 8 o'clock, to have a night of gaming festivities, (or movie/E.III documentary viewing, whatever the preference may be). We have two TVs which can be hooked up to game consoles (a 19 inch and a 27 inch), a dining room table for other gaming purposes, and at some point I would like to have another crack at SW trivial pursuit if I can get some other takers.

Greg has said that he will bring his PS2 in case ours flakes out, as well as Battlefront 1 and 2. Anyone else who has video games, an xbox, or games otherwise (SW risk? SW trivia *cough cheryl cough*?) is welcome to bring them.

*PLEASE* let me know who's planning on coming (or not coming, thank you derek for the heads up) so I can plan accordingly. I don't want to sit around waiting at home on a Friday night if no one can make it, or leave at 8:30 and someone shows up at 8:45. Also, so you know, I wasn't planning on making dinner (not enough plates, cups, utinsils, you get the drift) but I was planning on stocking up considerably on drinks and snacks according to expected numbers. Call and leave me a message this afternoon (I'll be at some appointments) or try my cell or respond here if you can. Anyone who hasn't been here yet PM me for directions.

Hope to see you all tonight!!!

(And P.S. Jerry wants me to stress that he is not, repeat, NOT in the doghouse. Anymore [face_devil] .)
  2. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wish I could come... I do have Battlefront 1 and 2 on two PC's at home... wouldn't be able to bring them, though, a bit big... but I have an XBox I could have brought... oh.. but I don't have BF on the XBox... oh... well... have a great time anyway... [face_peace]
  3. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got all of the said above:
    Xbox, BF I&II
    SW Risk
    SW Trivial P

But I've been evading posting our attendance or not because I don't know if we can make it yet. I'll keep ya posted.

And if anyone posts "we don't need YOU just your Xbox system & BF II"...I'm coming over only with Barbie Fashion Design for Xbox and the Xbox![face_laugh]
  4. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Heck with Battlefront, bring on the Barbie! Oh yeah[face_cow]!

I'll be there (but I guess you figgered that already, so I won't mention it after all).

So... um... nevermind.

See y'all there!

5. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lorenzo, we'd all be very happy if you and Quintin could make it tonight. Especially Toad [face_batting]. she would also like you to bring the Barbie game :D. And the rest of us would welcome whatever games you have and want to share. Let me know as soon as you find out if you can make it so i can send you directions.
  6. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Count us in!

And, ohhhh, I forgot we have SW Monopoly and we're big Monopoly freaks to start with. Any other Monopoly fans?

Here's what we'll bring as far as Xbox is concerned:
    BF II
    Republic Commando
    KOTOR I
    KOTOR II
    Lego SW
    ...aw crap what's the use...we'll just bring it all.
  7. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL. i like monopoly, but heck, i like pretty much any board game - and i don't know many others who do so glad to see i've found someone :D check your PMs for directions to our apartment. (oh yeah, and don't bring all the games and forget the xbox :) )
  8. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    This should be titled the "official" thank you.

Liz, Jerry , and Toad, the wizard and I would like to thank you for inviting us to your home. We both had an enjoyable time as you made us feel comfortable.

The next time we get out a board game.

PS. Skippy loves his costume.[face_love]
  9. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the good time!
  10. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jah, is good time, danka!

<< The next time we get out a board game. >>

But you can't blow up gungans in a board game. And we did get out several games... we just didn't open any of them.:D But seriously folks, the Star Wars Risk looks cool, I'd like to try that one, and I do believe you'd get a kick out of Thud, even if you've never read Pratchett's books, which are really good by the way.
  11. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    you're welcome to all, my only hope is that a good time was had. and everyone is welcome here again any time. unfortunately my place is no good for practice purposes, but anytime we want to just have fun and games please consider my place always open.

and Greg, i believe it IS possible to blow up gungans. it's called "Battle for Naboo," and it's still sitting on Barry's table, unplayed ;)
  12. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    yes, thanks for inviting us all over!

sorry i showed up so late, and was so very tired when i got there. and being as how i am no good at video games, they mostly bore me, but from an observer point of view it would have been cool to see space battles and lightsabre fights, instead of greg and jerry just repeatedly shooting each other... i am sure such games exist?

i would've been down for a board game, had i made it in time. even thud, which i can only dimly remember how to play, and i have always liked monopoly. liz, next time i will bring the trivial pursuit. promise!

anyhow, it was cool to get to see you guys, and to visit briefly with toad. it's nice to get together and do things, not just hit each other. or in my case, watch other people hit each other. and take pictures.

13. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greg... I think you can also kill Gungans in SW Galactic Battlegrounds :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.