main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official General Grievous Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_nemisis, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005

Awww...That pic RULES! ^___^

Hear, Hear! [face_dancing] Can't wait over here! :D On to Season Two! :cool: **throws confetti and blows the horn** [face_mischief]

Especially with the awesome developments in the animation... I know Grievous' return will be sweeeet! [face_devil]

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    That pic of Grievous is pretty sick.

3. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    I've been searching all over the web for any images of Grievous from season two. I know there is a fleeting glimpse of him in the very first Season two trailer but haven't seen anything else since then. The fact that they show the same images of him again in other trailers leads me to believe that perhaps he's only going to be in one episode.[face_worried]

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seeing new characters and the developments between existing characters but come on, the general needs to redeem himself and kick some butt

4. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...[face_worried]. But he's dueling Obi-Wan and if it's epic as one site claimed, if he doesn't appear again in the season(which I'm sure we will be seeing more of Grievous this season), I would be happy. But it is weird, perhaps when all the Bane stuff dies down a little, GG will get a little spotlight time.[face_peace]

5. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Sep 25, 2009
    Well I don't know about all of you but I've waited over a YEAR to see General Grievous in a new episode since his last appearance was in episode 10 "Lair of Grievous" (one of my favorite episodes ;)) The improved animation and the quality is definitely keeping me occupied until the good general does appear. :D

6. D123

D123 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2009
    QGR Edit: Spam.

7. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Jun 5, 2005

Just a quick note for now, everyone... O:)

[face_devil] [face_pumpkin] HAPPY HALLOWEEN! [face_pumpkin] [face_devil]

P.S.: With the Geonosis arc over at CW rapidly approaching...my hopes are gaining momentum along the way as well. :) If all goes well, we may receive a glimpse of - preferrably a new and improved - Grievous appearing on the scene. :D Well, at least, if that arc will be the one in which he and Obi-wan will plunge into that "epic duel"...If so, things should turn out excitingly interesting for us fans. :cool:

8. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...that brief clip looked like it was on Geonosis so it could be a good chance of seeing said duel. But finally, waiting for two weeks for a new episode is killing me, but this sounds good so hopefully it will be worth the wait!

9. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey, is anyone alive in here?

The Clone Wars season boxset has an extended cut of Lair of Grievous. I don't have the funds to buy it off the bat, but if anyone does, please tell us what the cut scenes contain!

10. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Sep 25, 2009

They have "Landing at Point Rain" up on YouTube and I watched the opening scenes and paused on the image of Grievous. If you look closely you'll see that it's an old scene from "Shadow of Malevolence". It's the part where Anakin and co. shot torpedos at one of the cannons, then Grievous says "Fire!" (image in "Landing at Point Rain") :_|

They say that they now have more technology to improve on the series and yet they recycled many images, and music for that matter. You would think they could use new images and music; but that's just me. :D

11. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I was referring to the season 2 trailer that came out back in July...it shows a few brief clips of Obi-Wan and Grievous dueling; the background looked like it was on Geonosis.

Another interesting thing...With Obi-Wan being wounded and he may return for the rest of the battle, if it is on Geonosis and he duels Grievous he may be still feeling the effects of his injuries and it could be a more even fight then it potentially was in 'Destroy Malevolence'[face_thinking]

12. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Sep 25, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing when I watched that episode. It does sound reasonable, right?

13. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Jun 5, 2005

^Wow, count me in you guys, I was having the very same thoughts!! :p

Seems as though the latest episode has brought forth a collective Mind Link Effect in us viewers! ;) :D Indeed, it would be interesting if the duel took place sometime in the near future... No clue as to how the Lucas Team meant to bring that onto the screen, but either ways, can't wait for the opportunity to get a glimpse at it, even if at first only in the form of a sneak peek. [face_peace] (( Needless to say, I'm scrutinizing each and every preview that comes around with eagle eyes. [face_mischief] LOL! ))

14. IG-136_Aurora

IG-136_Aurora Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2009
    Hey, can I join? I've always loved GG and his New-Izvoshra MagnaGuards as characters, I mean who wouldn't love a cybernetic jedi hunter and sentient droid badasses?

I also hate the way he got dumbed down for the new clone wars series, this is after hypori, the battle where he defeated 2 padawans, 3 masters and 2 council members single handedly within the space of five minutes, now he has trouble dealing with a 9-year-old girl...

So, anyway... Can I join?

15. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Absolutely! And we'll even waive the membership fee!:p JK, just indicate in your bio or sig that you're a member of the General Grievous fan club and you're set![face_peace]

And I think Grievous' MagnaGuards are cool too, I hope we get to see them this season.

16. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Sep 25, 2009
    I think we should all band together and do some kind of a petition or something, this is ridiculous; he's not on yet! :mad:

I know I have to be patient and that he will show up eventually but still. I don't know about you guys but I'm kinda getting a little tired of the Ahsoka thing. I don't have a problem with her per say it's just that I think she needs to take a little break for awhile and give other characters some screen time ::::coughs:::: General Grievous ::::coughs::::::

17. IG-136_Aurora

Nov 14, 2009
    I on the other hand DO have a problem with her, she's a mary-sue, she destroyed three magnaguards at once while carrying a baby hutt, and she survived an encounter with our favorite general himself.

Both of those are feats that would make a jedi master look down at his/her shoes.

18. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey there, IG-136_Aurora and welcome to the Fanclub! :) Always a pleasure to encounter new fans of the good General! :D

"Both of those are feats that would make a jedi master look down at his/her shoes."

^ Yes, I seriously feel what you're saying there. [face_worried] Either Grievous went way too easy on her, unintentionally ending up allowing her to escape, or...yes, what seems more likely, she's merely given overly too much slack and luck by the creators of the series. I have nothing against pumping awesomeness into new characters, and even though Ahsoka's personality has the tendency to annoy me to no end at times repeatedly, I can tolerate her being fortunate enough to get out of those aforementioned encounters with her life, seeing as I wouldn't want or expect to see her death THIS soon in the series...But come on, not even a SCRATCH? [face_worried] This does not shed good light on the General, not at all... :mad:

He completely floored the whole Jedi Council - AND us fans - several times over in the Genndy series. He awed the Galaxy, and especially the Jedi, with his fighting skills and tactical brilliance, posing as the most formidable threat they had seen in possibly centuries...And in retrospect to all that, it is hard to digest, say, such moments where Obi-wan is actually being allowed to voice such a statement as: "You haven't exactly impressed me today." ... and what's worse, him being actually accurate with the observation. :oops:

Now, I have absolutely nothing against the new CW series...I LOVE THE SHOW, really I do. :) The Lucas crew is doing one excellent job in every respect...Except in regards to this ONE SINGLE character in my point of view. [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Grievous needs to be allowed to redeem his reputation later on in the series. If that fails to happen, I'll be overly pissed, to say the least. I mean, come on... It seems like the whole character is being redisigned in the most disgraceful manner so far. Never before in the new series had he been allowed to score a solid victory. Not ONCE. They keep mentioning his prowess and threat in war in several parts of the Galaxy in sidenotes, that's true. But the audience never actually gets to see any of those moments which would give them the impression that those rumors are actually true. It just makes me, as a long time GG fan, cringe inside to think new viewers might receive a false picture about General Grievous this way.

**sigh** Well...Either ways, there is still plentiful time for all that to be changed as the series moves onwards into darker territories. :) Let us hope that over time, Grievous' role will improve as well. ;) I could still give Lucas a mental kick in the rear for certain aspects in which he had suddenly decided to change his background history for the show...but thankfully, fans are allowed to at least still override that bit with the aid of their own personal takes on his character. [face_peace] Major thanks goes to Filoni for being someone who actually kept that in mind during production...

Okies, banter over...for now. 8-}

Grievous forever remains awesome in my book, just like before. ;) Oh and indeed, no forgetting about his MagnaGuards, either. :D Izvoshra rulz! :cool:

And ditto on what Ronderu just said above as well. COME ON, YOU GUYS!!! BRING GRIEVOUS BACK!!! [face_skull] (( Me too, I've been on a GG craze anew ever since the arrival back on Geonosis...I'm starting to miss his character terribly. ))

19. IG-136_Aurora

Nov 14, 2009
    This is a list of all separatist droid units(that I can think of) and grievous' opinion of them, it also doubles as a bump.
    Add any that you can find.

Battle droid: Grievous despises battle droids, he calls them useless and will destroy them for no reason other than they're in his way.

Super battle droid: He uses supers as his mainline infantry in lieu of the despised battle droids which are consigned to guard duty, he finds them a match for clone troopers.

Commando Droids: He uses these as they are designed to be used, commandos, he likes the way they use the terrain to their advantage.

Droidekas: Grievous loves droidekas, their incredible resilience mobility and firepower make them the droid generals firm favorite.

MagnaGuards: He uses MagnaGuards as elite troops, base guards and bodyguards for his droid lieutenants and himself, he often spars with them and they bear the brunt of his attack when he is in one of his rages, they can learn and adapt to any combat situation and are roughly equal to the legendary ARC troopers or clone commandos.

New-Izvoshra MagnaGuards: Grievous' elite unit, they are jedi hunters more than capable of defeating a knight one-on-one and holding their own against all but the most capable of masters, they are MagnaGuards that have learned so much that they developed a personality and utterly eradicated the boundaries of their programming, they are typically masters of all forms of jedi lightsaber combat and even some sith ones. They can improvise like a living being instead of relying on easily-anticipated repetitive moves like other droids.
    Grievous respects them greatly and shares an almost-fraternal bond with them, they are his few friends in the galaxy.

20. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    New-Izvoshra MagnaGuards: Grievous' elite unit, they are jedi hunters more than capable of defeating a knight one-on-one and holding their own against all but the most capable of masters, they are MagnaGuards that have learned so much that they developed a personality and utterly eradicated the boundaries of their programming, they are typically masters of all forms of jedi lightsaber combat and even some sith ones. They can improvise like a living being instead of relying on easily-anticipated repetitive moves like other droids.
    Grievous respects them greatly and shares an almost-fraternal bond with them, they are his few friends in the galaxy.

Now these guys I'd definitely like to see at Grievous' side, lightsabers hilts displayed prominitely on their waists, their glowing, red photoreceptors attuned to any sudden and aggressive movements that may come their general's way. And with Grievous cackling loudly as he watches them take out any threat that tries to come near.

Oh gods, can't you tell I've been missing some uber GG action?:p

21. IG-136_Aurora

Nov 14, 2009
    They still mostly use electrostaffs, but that said chances are they have a few 'trophies'.

22. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Dear fellow GG fans. Hello there. [face_peace]
    Just checking in. :D
    Welcome to any new members since I was last here. :D

Grievous needs to be allowed to redeem his reputation later on in the series.

I agree, Catgirl. [face_peace]
    The first "Clone Wars" animated series gave us a much different view of the character.
    He seemed like some kind of robotic super alien, capable of besting even Jedi Masters.
    While I agree that the first series was a bit over-done with the action aspect, I also recall it was the first time anyone anywhere had seen Grievous on a screen. What an introduction that was. [face_dancing] I'm hoping to see more of that. :D Something very tense and surprising. [face_thinking]

I will say that the new Grievous looks amazing and he's always had a unique look about him. [face_skull] The animation is very impressive thus far. =D=

23. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Palpy, my man!:D [face_dancing] *high fives* Welcome back!

Yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting this new episode next year(it sucks they wait nearly a month to bring CW back[face_tired] ). I've been wanting to see the preview teaser trailer, but I can't find it anywhere...someone said it's not allowed to be posted online yet so I guess I got to be patient. Hey, at least I'll go into the episode spoiler free which will make it more exciting like when I dove into Hostage Crisis.(Damn you, Cad Bane!:p )

I sincerely hope they do him justice this season, the July trailer looked promising(yes, I'm also eagerly anticipating that epic duel between GG and Obi-Wan:D ).

Well, if I don't see anyone til then, Happy Holidays!:D [face_peace]

24. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode209.html

Yay! More Grievous on New Years Day!!!

25. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Happy New Year, fellow Grievophiles...and what a happy new year it has been so far! The triumphant return of the Good General left me wanting to see more, he actually looked impressive in these episodes, even though at the end he had to make sort of a Snidely Whiplash getaway, but man, he went toe to talon with three Jedi Masters and didn't lose a single limb!:p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.