main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official General Grievous Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_nemisis, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    It was awesome seeing Grievous again on TCW. When he entered the bridge of Eeth Koth's ship, I got goosebumps just seeing him back up there.

2. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Happy New Year. [face_dancing]

Here are my thoughts on the latest "Clone Wars" General Grievous material. [face_thinking] Highlighted for those who haven't seen it yet. [face_peace] I'm not sure what our current spoiler policy is. [face_worried] But it's always a good idea to play it safe. [face_peace]

The first episode was especially awesome. Right from the beginning, the good General was in top form, battling one of the Jedi Council members. This fight was well done and showcased Grievous at his most cruel. I particularly enjoyed the commando droids with their vibrosword weapons. An excellent touch. Later on, we got to see Grievous using that supposed brilliant mind of his. Excellent, we don't see nearly enough strategy from him. Or hadn't seen it until now. Bravo. :D On a humorous note, I loved it when GG threw that poor Battle Droid away from the landing ship pod. "Hey!" LOL Classic. [face_laugh] I honestly didn't like the second episode as well as the first. But Grievous was still pretty excellent here. His interactions with the droids were again awesome. Looking forward to more. [face_batting]

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Palpy!:D [face_dancing] Hey man, I agree with all your points and it certainly showed how ruthless he can be with his troops...I almost felt sorry for the poor battle droids as their power batteries were draining down:p

And I hope this is just the beginning of many more uber awesome GG episodes to come...they certainly redeemed his credibility with these episodes.

4. karabbackilla

karabbackilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Everyone's seen Grievous Intrigue by now? Yes, no? I don't want to spoil anyone's fun! Did you guys count how many times Grievous said he wanted all the jedi DEAD? Three! His voice was practically cracking with rage in that holo transmission. He even goes so far as to ask Obi 'Is it murder to rid the galaxy of the jedi?' Don't know why I thought that was so cool, but I did. It really seems like he's got a 'good' reason to hate them!Unrelated, I also loved the scene where the clones are dogpiling on top of Grievous and punching him in the mask.Then he does his typical Grievousy snarl and shakes them off like fleas.

If you don't want to spoil their fun, highlight to read is how it's done! :p

5. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    karabbackilla!:D Yeah, LOL...dogpile on the Grievous! Dogpile on the Grievous! [face_laugh] And I also liked how he pulled the battle droid out of the escape pod and he yelled 'Hey!':p

Another thing too, those battle droids were real sassy towards the General....I guess they're tired of getting whacked all the time, but it made for some light moments in Deserter when they were malingering. :p

See above comment. :p

6. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I love it when Grievous gets to the escape pod and he's like "Is your transmitter working?" and the battle droid is like "I don't know, I haven't used it yet." The Grievous just whacks him. [face_laugh]

7. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Looking forward to seeing Grievous in Season 3 of Clone Wars. :)

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Hey, I'm new to this thread. I love Grievous, although I do not like the way he has been used as "villainous comic relief" in the show. I got extremely mad when CN aired "Joke of the Day With Grievous" the other night. :oops:

I do, however, have hope that Lucasfilm will make Grievous the Jedi Killer he is supposed to be. He was much more menacing in Grievous Intrigue, and hopefully we'll see him kill a Jedi Master in S3.

9. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    I'm hoping the same thing darh_nemisis. I've been hoping for that since the start of season 2. I'm thinking of season 3 as a clean slate and a new start for Grievous.

Btw, I almost melted when I watched "Grievous Intrigue" and how Grievous walked in and was like "Jedi" and Koth was like "Grievous" Then when Grievous was standing on that round communications table with the light shining down on him taunting Master Koth. =P~
    Okay I'm good now :D

10. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Not sure if I ever posted in this topic or not, but I certainly was a regular in the Grievous in TCW thread over in LACWAC.

Anyways, I gotta love the guy- he's like Vader's prototype, so that ALONE is reason to love Grievous to bits. But he's just so much MORE. He lends to the Clone Wars era an air of menace that you don't get again until Vader dons the suit. He's an implacable, armored juggernaut, a keen tactical mind, and the kind of villain who you're better off running from, even if it only postpones your death.

What can I say? My all-time favorite villain is Darth Vader, and Grievous is in many ways in the same mold of villain, so that's a major plus for me!

11. Demonic-Chaos

Demonic-Chaos Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2010
    Hey, I'm new here and since General Grievous is my all-time favorite Star Wars character I figured this thread was a good place to start :)

I can't wait for season 3 of Clone Wars. Even though they've only shown a really brief clip of Grievous in the trailers, I must say I'm insanely curious about what he and Ventress were up to in it. Fall cannot get here soon enough. XD

Here is a link to my DeviantArt Page if anyone wants to check out my Grievous-related artwork :)
    http://demonic-chaos.deviantart.com/

12. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Grievous is sorely lacking in TCW. I hope he makes a huge comeback in the following seasons. He needs to be scary like he was in the first CW cartoon.

Also, General Grievous's Theme music is my favorite new theme from the prequels. It makes me think of the sheer determination it would take to stay alive inside a machine. The labored breathing, the nothing soft, so cold.

13. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    Why do I have the feeling that not many people like Grievous, especially as of late. The new sneak peek for season 3 is on the Star Wars website and I have to say I thought it was pretty awesome. I won't say anything further for those who haven't seen it yet. I hope he will continue to redeem himself as the seasons go on and that maybe people will like him more. I don't expect him to be EVERYONE'S favorite character but perhaps they'll say "hey this guy isn't totally boring after all" Maybe? [face_thinking]

14. Darth-Vex

Darth-Vex Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2010
    Grievous should appear in TCW more often.

Love when he kills Jedi. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.