Clone Wars *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    Discuss General Grievous and his involvement in the new TV series. What would you like to see? Personally, I've always thought it'd be great to see some of Grievous' origins, which have now been confirmed as official by the new visual guide. I'm also interested in seeing a bit of competition between Grievous, Ventress, and Durge (if he's in the series). Oh, and I'd love to see some of Grievous' intense hatred for Nute Gunray (no offense, Nute). :D

Might as well make this the official thread. G_M.
  2. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    I love Nute. I never knew Grievous hated him, but it sounds like it could be a funny dynamic. I definitely want to see more Grievous/Nute interaction.

I'd also like to see him kill jedi. Not because I'm a blood-thristy fanboy who only likes things that are violent, but because Grievous was kind of wussified in the movie. He was supposed to be a jedi-killer, but we never see him beat anybody. I'm kind of worried about the lightsaber fights in the series, because we know that Anakin/Obi-Wan/any other Jedi Council member won't be killed. But there can be plenty of "red shirt" jedi for Grievous to feed upon.
  3. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL I agree!
  4. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool! Thanks, Garth! :D
  5. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope we see more interaction between him and San Hill.

Maybe he's the one that breaks Hill out of the Republic's custody.
  6. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    More? I'd be happy to see any!
  7. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    I assume you're speaking of Muunilinst? :confused:
  8. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
  9. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wonder, does Grievous ever see Sidious in person, or is it always via hologram? :confused:
  10. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, I always assumed Sidious stayed on Coruscant, because if Palpatine flew off somewhere unannounced, it would blow his cover.

The only way I could see it happening is if Palpatine & entourage have some kind of political meeting in a different system, and Palps sneaks off to go meet Grievous in person as Sidious.
  11. Jango_Fettish Jedi Master

star 4
    I doubt he would let Grievous see him in person, as Grievous isn't supposed to know his true identity. I think it might be a little more obvious if they met in person. Going by the films, the only characters who see Sidious not via hologram (before becoming the Emperor, at least) are Maul and Dooku, both of whom know his true identity.
  12. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good point.
  13. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wonder if Grievous ever actually begins to suspect Sidious' true identity during the course of The Clone Wars... That would certainly make for an interesting subplot. [face_thinking]
  14. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think Grievous would ever clue in that the true leader of the Seperatists is actually the leader of the Republic. Might make him ask questions, and questions can be dangerous.
  15. TheTelmarine Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good point. But Grievous isn't just a dumb droid or Separatist leader. I think it's possible for him to wonder about Sidious, although he may never fully realize the control Sidious holds over the galaxy. But Grievous must wonder at some point. And as for what you said about questions being dangerous, do you think Grievous has an intense fear of the Sith? Even if Grievous realizes who Sidious is, and wanted to do something about it, he has control over the entire Separatist fleet, as well as all the droid armies. Grievous could have posed quite a threat to the Sith, had he found out and acted. Imagine what the Separatist leaders would have done, had they realized Sidious was running the whole war like a game. There would have been a tremendous uproar.
  16. Biddybot Jedi Knight

star 1
    He'll never clue in. I fully expect to see him played as something of a comically vain twit, as villains go...the one who's potentially the most dangerous and vicious of the lot, but who's often aggravated to distraction by the inefficiency of his moronic droids or by in-fighting involving the other villains or Separatist leaders. That seems to me about the best way to handle a character like Grievous and still keep him kid-friendly and not too scary...the series looks to be aimed at the 8+ age group, after all. Not my first choice of how to portray the guy, but could be good for some laughs, if handled right.

In fact, now that I've resigned myself to another dose of goofy!Grievous, I wouldn't mind if all the Separatist characters came off in the end not unlike the evil Predicons in that CGI Beast Wars/Beasties (Transformers) series. I could even get behind a Grievous so childishly nasty that he'd pull stunts like 'accidently' tripping up San Hill or letting airlock doors slam shut on the ends of Nute Gunray's volumnous robes or Poggle the Lesser's wings...the alien version of the co-worker you just hate to have to interact with because he's such a mean jerk.
  17. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I'm curious how they're going to do the Grievous/San Hill story in the show. Since Episode #16 is all about Grievous's history, they can't miss it. Hill pretty much played Grievous (and his entire species) for years, and seemed way more involved with the Sidious/Dooku plotting than any of the other Sep leaders. I wouldn't be surprised if he still had a role in controlling Grievous during the war.
  18. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    What all do you know about Episode #16 Barriss?
  19. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like a flashback showing use Grevious before he got the suit. Also maybe some details on the creation of the suit, which is the precursor to Vader's suit.

I would also like to see a less sniveling and cowardly Grevious who eventually becomes the coward he is in ROTS -- perhaps this is based on something that happens to him TCW. Don't think we're getting this one, though.
  20. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    San Hill gets captured, too?
  21. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    He was captured in the old Clone Wars cartoon on Muunilinst.
  22. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    That's the one where Fisto goes to Grievous's house (which I'm surprised the Celebration Japan fans haven't said more about, since part of it was shown there). Since Kit's such a busybody at heart, he has to snoop through all of Grievous' personal items and "statues" dedicated to himself, since the General seems to have a whole museum dedicated to his history.

There's no way they can explain anything about Grievous' past without mentioning San Hill.
  23. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh ok, that's Episode #12 actually.
  24. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    They moved it to 12? That's interesting. The Malevolence one is #11... hmmm... wonder if they're connected in the same story arc.
  25. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I want to know what episode is when. I did that for Lost Season three - like who would have a flashback which week - and it detracted from the show. For season 4 I just waited to find out when the episode airs. I think I will do that for TCW... just wait every week until the episode airs to find out who's story it will be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.