main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That one-sentence synopsis from Insider says "After a deadly encounter with a prominent member of the Jedi Council, the Jedi resolve to stop General Grievous once and for all". Well Ki-Adi was insisting that in micro-series, hopefully he is satisfied now. Except perhaps he thinks now that Grievous is just an idealist.

There's that word deadly, but I don't think they'd kill Koth so soon. There would be just one word for it, and it's waste. We have a Council member whose fate we don't know, so could we keep him in for at least a few episodes? Grievous' reputation could be done with Eeth only losing a limb. And that would not make Grievous seem too badbackside, when we think of episode III.

2. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I would like to see some of the Jedi or characters whose fate we don't know lose limb(s) or get scars from serious battles...hence we see a change in their appearance and/or attitude. I remember Filoni saying that "people would lose limbs" in Season 2. Really, I don't see it as too big a deal given that there is no blood, sabers causterize the wound.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    How much tension can that statement really generate, though, given that all the major characters return for ROTS with limbs intact? It must refer to secondary characters.

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The minute I heard him say that, I immediately thought, "Ahsoka's going to lose her arm. Probably the right one." If I'm right, I get a round of Corellian Ale, on you guys. [face_dancing]

5. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    I second that.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In that case, does a head count as a limb?

7. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    They've got commercials for the next episode running on CN now- I've spent most of today watching that channel, and I've seen the commercial, what, three times now?

Hopefully now we'll get to see this up on YouTube!

New details from the commercial-
    When Grievous comes through the bridge doors, he narrows his eyes and says 'Jedi.' And THAT'S when Koth replies with 'Grievous.'
    Showed scenes of Obi-Wan and Anakin, as well as a bunch of biker clones riding at night.
    Finally- and this is the best part!- Grievous is barrelling down a hallway on board a ship while a bunch of clones are firing at him. His solution? To suddenly drop onto all six limbs and pull that crab walk bit he did in ROTS while fleeing Obi-Wan to evade EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    SHOT.
    That's right- a bunch of clones completely miss Grievous with every shot, and Grievous JUST KEEPS COMING!
    Probably my favorite new clip, seeing as it really gives you a sense that this guy is almost unstoppable. Which will REALLY repair his reputation this time around!

8. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    Darn I missed it! :mad: Sounds really awsome though. I've got the TV tuned to CN right now and am sitting there watching each commercial like a hawk. It's gotta come back on again sometime and when it does I'll be there to see it [face_laugh]

9. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    Sounds great. I always wanted to see him use his cybernetic enhancements more in episodes to show that they help make up for the lack of force powers. That's what I liked about "Lair of Grievous", even though he had his legs cut off, he still was a huge threat and managed to survive - even though anyone else in a similar situation wouldn't have been able too.

This is why is REALLY hope we see episodes towards the end of the show leading into the events of ROTS, Grievous kidnapping Palpatine with some Magna Guards and being chased across Coruscant by several higher-up Jedi, showing off what his cybernetics are capable of - would be funny if the Jedi trying to catch Grievous and his Magna Guards are the same ones who Palpatine ends up killing soon after in ROTS (Windu, Fisto, Tiin, Kolar)

10. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    I think ashoka should loose a leku.

11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    :)

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I saw the AWSOME new preview! The one you guys were talking about blew me away! I don't think I've ever been more excited for a new episode!

13. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    You guys are forgetting the Droid Commando with sword, the new Tactical Droid, and Adi Gallia!

Grievous: "Its about time."

14. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Was Adi Gallia in the commercial?? What did she do? How did she look? Looks like this episode is going to be the best of season 2 thus far: grievous, eeth koth, adi gallia OMG!!!

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Uh.... well that's weird. Since Adi and the tactical droids weren't in the preview following Brain Invaders a few weeks ago, I'm guessing there's a second preview floating around out there...

16. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    And amazingly, not even that one is anywhere to be seen on youtube either.

Oh well, just over 7 days to go anyway, perhaps the episode will be all the more awesome for those of us who haven't seen any of the previews.

17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (raises hand) Ain't that the truth. I've been preview-free since episode three. :p

Interesting that they're possibly involving both of the 'replaced' Jedi...From what I've seen, when they say something like 'lethal', 'fatal' or 'would rather die', it never means they're getting out alive so far. Bolla Ropal would rather die than give Bane the Holocron's secrets...look at him now. [face_skull]

Whether we get a huge action piece, a creepy cat-and-mouse espionage game, or both, this is looking like it'll be a great return for both Season 2 and Grievous. :D

18. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It seems that we'll see only the 30-sec clip at sw.com and nothing else. Because that clip will only be from one scene, I think we won't see both Adi and Eeth. Which is great, I like to keep looks of characters in secret.
    But if the clip is Grievous evading blaster shots, I don't think I could wait for friday.

19. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Adi looks like Adi without the cloak on. Simple as that. I couldn't tell what was on her forearms though (cuz they can't be sleeves with this animation).
    All Adi did was dodge a sword-weilding Droid Commando. There was a light(?) going around too.

Tactical Droid: "Impressive"

20. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Didn't we already see that in the first Clone Wars series... and read about it in a novel. No thanks to seeing it again... unless there is something really really special about it. That's why I'm a bit worried about the last season of the show. We already saw what Obi-wan and Anakin are up to and it's one of the things that fits well with ROTS and I wouldn't want to see it retconned, nor redone even in the new animation style because the story has already been told.

21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    It would be good to have one definitive version though.

22. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    I think it would look stunning to have the capture of Palpatine by Grievous in the series as it would lead into the opening crawl of the ROTS. I'm aware it was in the 2D series, but this series can show the....well..."true" version of that event, so to speak, much like it will now no doubt overwrite Adi Gallia's fate and Eeth Koth's dodgy fate. I don't follow the novels and have only caught the tiny bits of the old 2D series - I basically only go by the movies and this series as the sources that depict what truly happened.

23. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    lol, your reply wasn't there yet while I was making mine, but yeah, agree with you 100%.

I think re-doing that capture would also in the series show one of Grievous's biggest accomplishments...in a sense, despite the fact that it was orchestrated in a sense, although Grievous still had to avoid the Jedi along the way and pull it off successfully. Would also be awesome to see Grievous personally deliver the captured Palpatine to Dooku proudly.....but not actually knowing that he's been played and that Palpatine is actually Sidious himself - a fact only known to Sidious and Dooku. So you'd see Dooku and Palpatine putting on a bit of an act infront of Grievous. Would be awesome to see such a scene with all 3 together and in some ways probably make some Grieovus fans out there feel sorry for Grievous for the way he is actually being used/played here.

24. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    The capture of Palpatine in the cartoon Clone Wars series was one of my favorite parts, aside from Grievous vs. Ki-Adi.

25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I say:

1. This episode is going to redeem Grievous big time
    2. he's going to win back Dooku's trust because
    3. he's finally achieving a true accomplishment by defeating a Jedi Master named
    4. Eeth Koth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.