main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    As I've said in another thread, they're saving his best killings for the Battle of Coruscant episode(s).

2. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    To my memory Lucas asked for Grievous to be introduced in the original CW cartoon, and said that he was a Jedi killer. He was portrayed as such in the cartoon, comics, books because that's he was originally. Then Lucas thought wait if he's so good why does he need bodyguards [if that is true and not just said by someone it makes no sense as Palpatine has guards].

3. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm almost positive the script for Ep. III was written before the second half of the old CW "micro" series, so Lucas' original conception of General Grievous as that classic villain who's always striking and making a getaway (as stated in the Ep. III commentary) is the original conception.

4. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I agree with you that he is being portrayed as he is in the movie, he runs away twice in ROTS, but I would like to see a few more lightsaber battles where he wins. I think it would be nice to see something unpredictable from GG every once and a while. However, with character models seeming to grow in number I think we will begin to see more jedi slayings coming up in the series.[face_dancing]

5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    From,
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150219391017571

12. Mr. Filoni, Please would you consider a Grievous personal arc in Season 4 with a visit to his home planet and his people? Like you all did with Asajj in S3...Grievous needs to be visited and expanded upon! He is more than just a brute or a pawn. The general is great strategiest and fighter, he is not a loser as portrayed so far! I know that if you give the character an opportunity, he could do amazing stories and excite fans! Grievous for the win! - Daniel Georgiev

I agree that Grievous has a lot to offer, and I know he has had some hard losses. Eventually, he will get a big win and maybe we can do more on him as we get closer to Revenge of the Sith. We?ll just have to wait and see.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha Dan is the Greatest Grievous-fan in the world.... and Filoni is like a politician he really don't reveal anything but tries to calm everyone down "Trust me guys i know what you want" Apparently Kaleesh-arc is not coming though.... anyway i don't get it why idea of young Solo was so damn distasteful to Dave and so many others..... anyway "big win"[face_thinking] better be a jedi master killed by him and/or important planet taken/destroyed

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I like question 5...

5. Will we see Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka talk to each other about Mortis? - Mike Rondeau

No, not to each other.

So we might well see some followup in the near future.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I hope it's Ahsoka and her future;) may be Anakin and his future.... but Obi/Qui-Gon ruins ROTS[face_tired] unless Obi talks with Yoda and Yoda says "it was just a dream"

9. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Eventually doesn't inspire me with much confidence, I assume S4 is virtually done.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh yeah, Season 4 has probably been done for a year now. But eventually doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen in Season 4, towards the end.

11. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ Pleeeeeeeease.....

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I think Grievous's big win will be the capture of Palpatine, and the Jedi he slays in the process, unless Filoni is talking about something else.

I'm also hopeing for at least one episode on the Kaleesh and Kalee, maybe a battle happens there.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No no not yet he was talking about seasons 4 and 5 there cannot be that yet so GG will have at least one victory during next seasons... yeah one "big one"- what is that actually- a planet captured, jedi killed....

14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I see they've already screwed up with Anakin seeing Grievous before ROTS, he see's him in the hologram in Grievous Intrigue.

He should have no problem seeing how tall he is either.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well Anakin's comment was more like a witty joke anyway- yet it's not so easy to say how tall someone is in real life before you meet him face to face- holo may look different.... and it's more like GG cannot see Anakin knowing he is Anakin than another way around since GG obviously was serious....

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I believe it was Palpatine in Dooku Captured who said "A hologram can be faked."

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Besides hologram was not in realistic size usually people look taller or shorter than you expected judging by pictures or videos.... and as said i don't think Ani was serious he just wanted to insult GG a bit- but Grievous probably really expected Anakin is older....

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Oh, goody.[face_plain]

19. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I agree. I was content with the story as it has been presented. Hopefully we don't actually return to Mortis but rather have Yoda somehow provide opinion on the matter.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Going further into the topic of Mortis is like telling kids that "effect" can be a verb and "affect" can be a noun.

It can only lead to problems.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, at least with the WonderCon trailer it looks like Grievous isn't getting outmatched by Gungans like how it looked in the CN teaser. My mind can rest knowing they haven't completely butchered his character.

22. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Well, we can tell from the trailer that Grievous will have some kind of battle against Gungans and Adi Gallia in the process - obviously, chances are high that could end up being the last we see of Adi Gallia, so as to make way for the introduction of Stass Alliee.

23. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I can't believe they're already had both Bane, and Opress kill more Jedi in the series than Grievous.

Both just one more than him, but still...

At least Ventress and Dooku haven't killed any yet.

24. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    In the old 2D he was extremely powerful, once took on 6 Jedi at once without using his other 2 hands and defeated 2 masters when he kidnapped Palpatine. In the movie and other EU he's also dreadful, but in TCW he was greatly weakened on fighting skills and act dumb most of the times.

Paparazzo likes this.
  25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He was never really much of a threat in RotS, so why should he suddenly be a legitimate one in TCW? Besides basically everyone was overpowered in the original 2D show anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.