main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Greedo in TCW thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Honestly, he just looks like a "Greedo" in a robe to me. Granted, I will agree that Greedo's clothing denotes a different caste (or class) than Farr, and probably a younger one.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, again, the TCW stylization of Farr makes him look a little younger than his live action counterpart (presumably so it's easier to reuse his character model for generic Rodians in the series).

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    If Lucas wants to make them the same character, he will and I don't think it will contradict the movies. The EU certainly, as it would completely negate the Hunter's Fate story, but I don't think there's anything indicated so far that characters like Ono are in their 50s. He's simply an older Rodian, likely in whatever equivalent of middle age they have. Even if ANH Greedo and Ono are around the same age, so what? Humans of near age will vary in appearance, too. Some will look much older, others younger. Harrison Ford is nearly 70, William Shatner is almost 80 and neither look it yet.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He's at least in his 50's- unless Rodians elect teenagers to the senate. TCW is (for now) set 22 BBY, and Farr's been established as being a senator for Rodia as early as 52 BBY (supported by the TCW backstory from Bombad Jedi, further elaborated on by TCW Decoded).

So that 30 years. Assuming his 20's would be a minimum age to be a senator (Padme was 24), you have him being in his 50's in TCW.

Further conveyed to the audience by how the other characters treat/defer/refer to him, how he carries himself, how he sounds and, in AOTC, how he looks.

Yes, fans can make stuff up to justify whatever changes Lucas wants to make to Greedo/Rodians, but that doesn't mean it's incongruous with how things have been presented thus far.

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed, there's no reason to believe that he's younger than 50. But again, really what we're talking about here is whether there could be a plausible upper limit on his age.

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yes, at least in his 50s. My point is from the movies standpoint, there's nothing to indicate he isn't older.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, taking the films/series at face value and not injecting any abnormal lifespan fan retcons into the mix, I wouldn't think Farr is any older than his 60's. That also gives him a more reasonable age for becoming a senator (his 30's), even though I think his 50's feels more accurate based on how he is in TCW. 70 would definitely push beyond what is presented, IMO.

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Padme's term as Queen would be a local politics thing, it shouldn't factor into galactic senate rules of appointment.

The Wook says Padme became a Senator in 25BBY after her term as Queen expired, so she was 21.

Leia became a Senator at 18- and was the youngest person to ever do so.

...Aha, so, then we can definitively rule out Farr joining the senate earlier than age 19, so Farr's minimum age in TCW is 49.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    True, Padme's time as queen doesn't affect Senate rules, but it does play a role on the "what are people willing to elect" side of things ;)

Padme at 21, Leia at 18... its a wonder they didn't have Jaina be a Senator at the start of the NJO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.