main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Half-Life 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kartanym, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    To be fair, the announcement for L4D2 was slightly baffling not just if you're a L4D fan, but especially when you've already waited a long time for Ep3. TF2 and L4D seem like distractions, like the reason we don't get Ep3 anytime soon, and now there's a whole new one. Sure, we keep forgetting that not all of Valve works on one thing at once, but we have nothing else to aim our furstration about the complete lack of news at.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm guessing that Episode 3 will either be running on the last legs of Source, just after L4D2, or it will be an altogether new engine. Maybe a Source 3.0 or something? We're on Source 2 right?

Anyways, L4D2 looks to be comparable to modern games in terms of graphics, so I'm sure that Valve isn't going to drop the ball in terms of asthetics any time soon. Seriously, when has Valve ever let us down?

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    My. Point. Exactly.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    the Orange Box version differs from the original HL2 one, but nobody seems to call it Source 2. HL1 was GoldSource.

Apparently, they made the engine so that it can be updated as new technology comes along, rather than make a new engine every few years. Still, I'm not sure they can keep up fast enough. Though I still like the look of all the games, including L4D even though I don't have it (only played a free weekend), and I only make a ticking clock argument as a reason for them to hurry the hell up. :p

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    But are they actually doing something in regards to Ep. 3? The sign language thing is news to me (Sign language? What, will Gordon finally be revealed to be literally mute as to explain his complete lack of dialogue in all these years?). Where can we actually get good solid, reliable info in regards to the status of all things Half-life?

6. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Shortly after Hell freezes over, sadly. That, or around the same time we find out what happened to Adrian Shephard.:p

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Read on wiki yesterday that Gabe Newell actually considers all the HL2 Episodes as "Half-life 3: Episode_". Well crap man...if that's the truth, I would've preferred they had taken a few years to make one full-lenght standalone game rather than drop these "Episodes" every other Ice Age! [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.