main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Hallmark Star Wars Ornaments Discussion

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I went through the old threads and couldn't find a Hallmark discussion thread. If there is one, I missed it, so feel free to lock this and direct me towards it.

I happened to stop by a Hallmark shop today and they had already started putting out the new season of ornaments. I was told that they are not allowed to sell them until July 12th though. I think one of the local Hallmarks around here is having a 'midnight madness' sort of opening for the new ornaments. I've actually been to one with my wife. You think Toys 'r Us Midnight Madness was bad - try fighting off a bunch of old ladies with canes and giant handbags. They're pretty rugged when they want to be.

Anyway . . . I saw the new TIE Fighter and See-Threepio displayed. Apparently Padme and Yoda won't be out 'til October. But I have to say that C-3PO was beautiful. Whatever gold finish they used on it was incredible - it was nearly sparkling. This is quite possibly the best version of C-3PO in any small, action-figure sized form that I can remember seeing in person. The TIE Fighter was nice. It apparently has a sound feature, but it wasn't hooked up yet, so I couldn't hear it.

I used to be really good about keeping up with the ornaments. I passed on all the mini ones, but I had all the regular size ones up until last year. For some reason, I started slacking. I think I was trying to wait until after Christmas for the 50% off sale last year and I just never made it. That's a shame because I really liked the Death Star. Fortunately you can usually find them on ebay for less than retail, so hopefully I'll get caught up soon.

2. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I have Darth, Luke(bespin), yoda, x wing, r2, & c3-po. I didn't get last year's - they sold out too quick.

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a ton of these things...LOL. I have all the character ones they've put out and most of the mini-sets. They're fun!

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am a Hallmark collector myself and have most of the ornaments that have come out over the years. I will be heading to by local
    Hallmark store this weekend to pick up the new arrivals...

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They don't sell these overseas (at least not on the official website), but with the help of a good friend in the US I mnaged to get Jango and Jango's Slave I prior to Christmas, and he later found Boba on Ebay.
    Happiness..

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Hallmark is starting to become like Hasbro by making doubles of past ornaments. Last year we had a Jedi Luke and a a couple of years ago we had a Bespin Luke which to me is fine. But when they released there second Vader in the line I was kinda disapointed. And this year we get our second Yoda. There are a lot of good ones left to be made. Lando still needs to be made, along with Mace,The Emperor, and a Ewok.

7. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I have ALL of them. Meri seems like we collect the same things. MR, Ornaments do you collect 12"?

8. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    There's supposed to be a set of Clonetrooper ornaments coming out this year. I'm definetly getting those. Last year,I got Obi-Wan,Jango Fett,Darth Vader,and the Death Star. I also got ones from previous years,like the talking Darth Vader,Darth Maul,and some of the mini-sets. I always know where they are kept,with the Christmas stuff.

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've never been to thrilled about these....they've just don't really appeal to me. However, maybe these new ones will change my mind. :)

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The talking Darth Vader is always the biggest hit at Christmas for visitors to our home. We keep our tree on a timer and sometimes it would come on while people were there. When the light comes on, Vader starts talking, and everyone always gets a kick out of it when they realize what it is.

11. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    RJ, I have some 12" figures but only the ones of my favorite characters. I'm into LEGO's too...LOL.

12. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    last year I got the new Vader, Jedi Luke, Jango, Obi wan, And the slave one, I think the likeness on all of them are amazing. :)

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I've got the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and N-1 Starfighter.

They're pretty cool!

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I really liked the detail on some of the ornaments - particularly Darth Maul, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca.

I kinda thought they blew a good opportunity with the Queen Amidala ornament when they didn't make it electronic so the bottom of the dress would light up.

My dream ornament is the Emperor sitting on his throne. It would electronic with a glowing face and a few lit buttons on his chair. Then it would somehow spin slowly.

15. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Alas, I have but one Star Wars ornament. A friend of ours gave me the AOTC Obi-Wan ornament at aour Christmas party last year. Pretty neat though.

16. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    My ornaments one of my favorite parts of my collection. I bought a 3' christmas tree and have all the ornaments on it. 2 of them talki so you hear dueling voices everytime its plugged in.

EDIT: found pic ornaments

17. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
  18. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Do you keep your tree out year-round or do you just set it out for the holidays?

19. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    My tree has been up constantly for 2 years.

20. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I had a SW tree up for a while but I ran out of display space so I only put it up in December...

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    My wife has suggested I have my own Star Wars tree. I think she's getting tired of my ornaments wreaking havoc on the Santas and the angels. :p

22. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Same here. 2 years ago my wife started to complain that the Star Wars ornaments where taking over the tree. So she made me go out and get a second tree to put up in my room. But I still get to put half on the big tree.

23. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Forget all that X-mas stuff I get my own place there will be a 7 foot tree w/ only sw ornaments on all the time. you want santa I got an c3po for that.

24. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    I have Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Episode VI, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode II, Jango Fett, and Anakin (Podracing).

25. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    This past Christmas I decorated my Girlfriends Tree with my ornaments. The Death Star and Darth Vader drove everyone(but me) crazy. She would not let me put them all on though. lol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.