main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Hallmark Star Wars Ornaments Discussion

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Did anyone get any of the new ornaments today? I believe July 12th was the day the new season of ornaments went on sale.

2. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I got mine 10 min after they went on sale. I must say that the Tie Fighter is one big ornament. I thought that it would have been a little smaller.

3. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I mainly tried to stick to the ships, but some character ornaments have cropped into my collection. I have the Falcon, X-Wing, Vaders TIE and Death Star II. For characters, I just have Bespin Vader and a Han Solo. Glad to hear there is a TIE Fighter now. I might get a pair so I can make my Vader's attack wing complete for the tree. ;)

The Trek ornaments I have (ships only, dating back to 1991) practically overwhealm the tree, so I started to retire some. The SW Collection is going to stay modest as much as possible and be pretty much just ships unless I get a fig for Xmas.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Then you could put the Falcon behind Vader's attack wing and an X-Wing in front. Cool - a Christmas tree diorama!

5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I just found out about these new ornaments today. I don't have any of them but I'm going to be getting the Padme one in October.

6. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I got both the ship and c3po 2 days before they went on sale, the store had them on display and I asked if I could buy them, the woman look at me like I was crazy and said, ofcourse. The c3po is really nice! I love the ships I collect them every year, I actually like when they are a bit bigger like this one. I can't wait till October!

7. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    You didn't get the clone trooper set?

8. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    What clone trooper set? I thought that was in october.

9. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Clone trooper has a mini set they are out now but not next to the sw ornaments they are in the mini section.

10. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    There are 2 in the set a red one and a white one. They go for $10.

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I don't collect these,but since I saw them at my fan force meeting I got to get some of them. Those two mini clone troppers look sweet

12. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I got the new C-3PO and Clone Trooper set last week. I had to call around for the Clones -- the Hallmark nearest me sold out of them the day they were released, and two others were sold out as well. I finally found them at one of the bigger Hallmarks at the mall. Odd to see Christmas ornaments selling out in July...

I'm thinking about getting one of those fiber optic artificial trees and doing an all Star Wars tree this year. I've never been a huge fan of the fiber optic trees (They look a little too...technological for some of the more "cutesy" Christmas ornaments, I think), but I think a Star Wars fiber optic tree would look pretty cool.

13. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    ive got a millenium falcon that lights up, its cool

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Bump

I`ve started collecting these,I have Yoda,and The Clone Trooper Minis

Also bought Mr Potato Head

16. charben01

charben01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2001
    The talking Darth Vader ornament was nice, but the main problem with it is the placement of the hoop/hook. It's on the back of his helmet, so the neck bears most of the weight. Mine snapped at the neck, leaving a small helmet dangling from the hook, and the rest of the body/base hanging by the light cord. I was able to glue the head back on, but I can never display it on a tree again. It now sits on the mantle, hooked up to a small light string on the fireplace. They should have put the hoop on the shoulder just below the neck. Fortunately, the non-talking Vader ornament has the hoop on the shoulder, so there's no worry of it breaking.

BTW, the new C-3P0 is very nice. It goes very well with the R2 from last year.

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your Vader ornament Charben. I have the Death Star at the top
    of my SW tree and my wife loves it. I will
    post some pics of the tree this weekend...

18. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah sorry to hear about your Vader Charben. I put mine up every year and the only problem I have had is that it is so heavy. Mine has even made it past the tree falling over a couple of times. A couple of years ago my cats would climb in it and knock the tree over. That was a bad year for the old tree.

19. Darth_SpaZ

Darth_SpaZ Jedi Master

Dec 5, 2003
    Does anyone have a checklist to make sure I have them all, for some reason I got paranoid.

20. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes...I have a checklist at home...

send me a pm to remind me...I have it in a word document and can send that to you via e-mail....

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I got C3PO and the TIE Fighter for Christmas. I may try to grab the others at the sales in the next day or two. We bought a new pre-lit tree this year and found out that the lights have some extra grooves built in the light sockets, so the only thing that fits in them are the replacement bulbs that came with the tree. My animated ornaments like talking Vader, Falcon, Death Star or any of those will not fit in the sockets. I had already decorated most of the tree when I realized this, so next year I'll need to throw on a small set of my old lights just so I'll be able to use all my ornaments.

22. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Got the Yoda one.

23. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    There was a Hallmark Yoda one?

Must have missed that one. I got the TIE, Padme, and C3PO for christmas. By reading this thread I learned there were prior years available. Can't wait to check those out, hopefully Ebay will be a good source.

24. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    There have been 2 Yoda's that have come out. The first one came out in 1997 and the second one this year.

25. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Complete list:

1996:
    Millenium Falcon-light and sound
    Vehicles of Star Wars- miniature

1997:
    Luke Skywalker- series #1
    C-3PO & R2D2 - miniature
    Darth Vader - light and sound

1998: