main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Hallmark Star Wars Ornaments Discussion

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ooooopsss...forgot the other 1997 Yoda.....

this year I took all of the ornaments out and put them on the tree...no other ornaments....just Star Wars...

the batteries have already worn out on R2...

I love the X-Wing and the Millenium Falcon...

...however...I am tired of Sidious' voice coming out of the Death Star.....he drowns out Darth Vader....

2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I have Qui-Gon Jinn and Jedi Council Members miniatures, and I think I might have the Max Rebo Band miniatures at my mom's house on her miniatures tree, because I could swear I had them but I can't seem to find them with the rest of my ornaments. ?[face_plain]

I'd also wouldn't mind getting the Clone Troopers miniatures, hopefully I can get them on sale now that Christmas has passed, but I'm guessing they'll probably already have sold out around here. Oh well, I'll have to check around at some of the local Hallmark stores today just in case.... ;)

3. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I just got my first hallmark SW ortments last week after christmas. Padme and C-3PO my mother said " they were the only ones left" :) so they are on the christmas tree. :D

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hallmark has posted info on some of the new ornaments for 2004, but no pictures yet. Here's the info so far:

Chewbacca and C-3PO
    8th in the Star Wars series.
    By Kristina Kline.
    5" H.
    Price: $14.95

Anakin Skywalker
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
    By Kristina Kline.
    5" H.
    Price: $14.95

Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner
    Star Wars: A New Hope
    Magic Ornament. Voice and light. Press button to hear a conversation between C-3PO and R2-D2.
    By Dill Rhodus.
    5 1/2" W.
    Price: $28.00

Star Wars: A New Hope
    Theater One-Sheet Light clip for optional lighting effect.
    By Dill Rhodus.
    4 1/2" H.
    Price: $19.95

Thanks to meelWORM for the tip!
    Reported by Rebelscum.com

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    bump...

6. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I have the Star Destroyer which I picked up on my recent visit to the States and now sits on my tree unfortunately it's not compatible with UK lights so I can't see it in all it's lighted up, talking glory :_| Still looks cool though!

7. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    My wifes parents gave me their old 1997 Darth Vader ornament, the base lights up and the lightsaber lights up. Vader say somthing like "heavy breathing" Your not a jedi yet! I thought it was pretty neat!!

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Rebelscum has a nice history on the Star Wars Holiday Ornaments. Pretty much covers everything that has been released so far, from Christmas ornaments to spring ornaments to the undersized lunchboxes. I didn't even realize my Tie Fighter had a sound effect until I read it here.

A Guide to Star Wars Ornaments

9. UW-Jedi

UW-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    See this is an older thread.
    But I'll respond anyhow.

Got
    Them
    All.

I have a seperate 6' SW Hallmark xmas tree just for them. It's a pretty sweet set up. It usually stays up til mid Feb, then my wife makes me take it down and box up. I don't have the bigger 3 lunchbox replicas though. Since they aren't ornaments.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Did the 50% off thing tonight and picked up Anakin, Star Destroyer, and the 1-sheet. My sister got me Chewie/C3PO for Christmas.

I was slack the last couple of years and have only gotten a couple of ornaments from each assortment the past two years. I guess I'll hunt down the ones I need sometime next summer. The ebay prices on those things are always so high during the holiday months. Nobody cares about them in the summer.

11. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I have only 3: Princess Leia, X-wing, and Padme Amidala. I just went to 3 Hallmark stores and I couldn't find any Star Wars for this year (though one place had 3 Padmes from last year). I really wanted to get the Star Destroyer. Ah well. 70% everything else...stupid Hallmark.

I'm annoyed that Wal-Greens doesn't have any Star Wars ornaments!

Million thanks to Dal--Intrepid for the link!

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Anyone seen the 2005 Ornaments yet? I wonder if they are announced yet...

13. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
  14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    *bump for SithAboveAll*

Two links in this thread should address a master list of ornaments. :)

15. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    lol, thanks for the bump.

16. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I'd like to have that Vader ornament in the worst way. I wish that Hallmark would also make a Sonic the Hedgehog set and a Simpsons set (Have they already?) so I could have Vader, Princess Sally and Sideshow Bob on the tree together. That would rule (wishful thinking).

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The keepsake ornament premiere is on July 16th & 17th so we should see a few of them. The balance will be released in October and November.

18. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Thanks for reminding us about this weekend! I'll have to stop by a Hallmark Gold Crown store to look for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, as that's the one I most want. :)

19. 7thWheel

7thWheel Jedi Master star 1

May 29, 2005
    Hey guys, Just a quick heads up. They released all five ornaments in July this year. I picked them up yesterday by a guy who didnt know that they werent supposed to be on sale yet. (snark!) I have to say that I am a bit underwhelmed this year. The choices of ornaments that were offered there was only one original ornament that we havent seen before, the Jedi Star fighter, and I could think of a couple of vehicles off the top of my head that I would rather have had before this one (Lukes landspeeder anyone?) This is the second Princess Leia series ornament we have gotten. Although it's a nice ornament, it's the second time Leia has been made into a series ornament. So out of 9 series ornaments we have 2 Leahs... Come on! The Vader looks great but of course he is the third Vader ornament that has been released and the quote they have him saying is not from the movies. (he says "Luke, I am your father" and in the movie the line is "No, I am your father.") It may sound like I am picking nits but I am a pureist so that kind of thing bugs me. The mini ornaments are always underwhelming in my opinion and this year is no exception. Not only have both of the vehicles been released previously but the paint schemes for them are less than stellar. The last ornament is the Clone Trooper Lieutenant, It is a nicely done ornament with a good paint scheme and nice detail but we have had clone troopers previously.

With 4 out of 5 ornaments being double or tripple dipped characters, I must say that next year needs to be better!!! Think about it, we have never had a Lando, Tarkin, Emporer, or Jabba figure. We have never had any of the cantina creatures, Bounty Hunters (excluding the Fett's) or minor Jedi Council members (unless you count the minis). There are way to many cool characters that they could make to have to double dip so soon. What do you guys think?

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    they stick with the popular, well know characters i guess. i like the jedi starfighter, and would rather have that then lukes speeder. who hasnt want a slave leia hanging from their tree???? and with vader probably being the most popular character, i'd release him as well since he just "turned into vader" this year.

i have no problems with this years releases.....and i will get them all. :D

21. 7thWheel

7thWheel Jedi Master star 1

May 29, 2005
    I know with Sith coming out they had to do an Obligatory Vader but rather than have him speak from ESB again maybe they could have had him use lines from ROTS this time around.

You know what would make a really cool ornament. A Jawa figure that has light up eyes and says Ooo Te Dee!

22. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'd buy 4 of those. :D surround sound from the tree, suckas!!

23. The_Wookie_Girl

Jul 3, 2005
    Jawas would be cute! ;) I put a Jedi Starfighter on hold today at my Gold Crown store. I had a look at it out of the box, but still inside the plastic, and I think it looks awesome. :) But then, I really *heart* the starfighter, so I'm a bit prejudiced in that direction. I'll have a look at the other ornaments when I pick up the ship on Sunday.

24. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I got mine today. Got 10% off. :) I like them all but I wish they would make a Lando. Leia is the 9th one in the series. And the second Leia in the series over all. You would think they would make a Lando befor another Leia. As for Vader I know that that they have been pushing him this year but a third one 9 year don't make sense to me.

25. The_Wookie_Girl

Jul 3, 2005
    Finally had a chance to pick up the Jedi Starfighter today. Was on my way to work, so didn't have time to check out the other SW ornaments. Only after I got home, did I see on the box "Magic Sound"/ ;) So I read the flap, found the batteries and put them in the bottom of the ship. Then found the tiny wee little button (on the bottom of the wing on the opposite side from R2), pressed it, and to my delight and surprise, there are great-sounding flying noises and firing noises, and they sound rather like the movie. :) The Starfighter itself is about as big as my hand, with a great paint job of the yellow and gray, and the white and blue R2 unit. My bf asked if there was an Anakin inside ( :) ), but alas, I had to tell him "no". I'm rather pleased with the ornament. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.