main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON *Official* Harry Potter Thread (warning thread may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AmberStarbright, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    As there are at least two of us that like HP I thought it might be an idea to have a thread on it especially with the new book coming out in July.

Anyway this thread is to talk about the book and theories on who is the half blood prince and what is going to happen in book 6!

I have a list of what is supposed to be contained in the next book or over the next two but would like to hear theories people have before posting these ;)

So, who do people think is the half blood prince?
    (Not Harry Potter or Voldemort as J.K Rowling has already said it is not either of them)

2. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    well i know absolutly nothing except that somebody dies, and the release date is July 16. I think i have to start re-reading right away......

half blood prince eh? Hargrid's a half blood, maybe he's some Prince, that would certanly set some of those Hagrid haters on their ears!

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I want to know more about Pig :D

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Hagrid is a half blood
    as is Seamus (don't think it is him), Dean Thomas (in the US version of chamber of secrets it was mentioned he was HB but not in the UK version) and Lupin is also a half blood, not many people know this.

Some people have mentioned it could be Snape because no one knows anything on him, or could just be a totally new character.

I don't think it is Hagrid, the reason why is because it is far far too obvious of a route to take and Rowling normally doesn't take the obvious route.

5. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    naw, i didn't think it was Hagrid either, a totally new character is plausable, mabye new teacher ? i need to watch and re read, i'm fuzzy

6. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well they definatly need a new teacher after what happened to Umbridge ........... it was deserved though!

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    what a great idea for a thread :D i think it'll be a new character

8. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Nice to have you join us Yiann, i am going to tell my other hp friends about our speculative thread....

we should have a countdown to book day, i'll figure it out then post it!!!!

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i didnt know you had other harry potter friends :p

10. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Lisa and Greg LOVE Harry Potter.!

too sick to post, try to come back later

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Gilderoy Lockhart is my favourite character :D ***waits for a punch from Jeannette***

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_plain]

Mike just wait until I get out there a punch will be the least of your worries :p

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh behave :D

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    heh you are just asking for trouble aren't you?

15. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    wonder if I should read one of these books someday... Nah... too many Star Wars books to read!!

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I was wondering the same thing Dan so Jeannette bought me the CD to listen to :)

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Which he hasn't listened to [face_plain]

Oh I know who the HBP is. Well pretty sure since there was a book leak and by that my first guess of who was correct. Go me! :p

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    WHO WHO, do tell, i haven't had a chance to catch up on the harry potter news lately.

edit, i know too :p

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol will black it out incase someone doesn't want to know

Basically there is an area in the UK which was printing the books and suddenly this town people are all placing bets on who was going to die the person they all were placing bets on was Dumbledore.

Similiar thing has happened for the HBP, people have suddenly come in after months of no one asking to place bets on Dean Thomas. And some bets have been £1,000, which is alot for a guess ;)
    No one believed me about Dean either, in the US version of COS it was said he was a half blood but not the UK version which was why I went with him ;)

20. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    is this some kind of trick? how do you see what is under the black stuff? I have had such a hard day, now my head hurts again. Can we see under the black out???? Someone explain!

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Just highlight it and the text should show in white :)

[:D]

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i'm a little disapointed about the death if its true, i wouldn't mind if it happened in the last book but its too soon, there are some other people i wouldn't mind seeing die though :p I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT, need to go order it.

52 days till the book comes out :D

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Depends really because this book it is open war

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thats true, its going to be so exciting, 51 days :p i need to start rereading the series. took them all to celebration but didn't have time to read any of them

25. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i started re reading goblet last night, i figured with all i have going on i might not have time to do them all! You can see the teaser on the apple.com start page. =P~

Also threre is (apparently a teaser/trailer running with kicking and screaming...... :D

that highlight thing worked, thanks. i am so glad we get the uk versions....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.