main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON *Official* Harry Potter Thread (warning thread may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by AmberStarbright, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Yeah... and in The Cestus Deception... I love the way ObiWan rides around jumping from mag car to mag car!...

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm not surprised you had no time at celebration!

Apparantly with kicking and screaming not all cinemas got it some were getting it later than others.
    Doesn't bother me I just go to apple.com anyway [face_love] :p

Would you guys like me to get the list of what is supposed to be included in the next book?

3. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    Grey
    You're funny, have you at least seen the movies???
    I will have to rectify that if you have not :p

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Release Date: July 16th, 2005

Length (US):
    - Trade version: 672 pages
    - Deluxe edition: 704 pages

Length (UK):
    - Trade version: 608 pages

Chapters: The deluxe edition includes 32 additional pages of artwork; the same pictures throughout the book before each chapter, just larger versions. Considering there is also 1 or 2 pieces of artwork before the story begins, we can expect about 30 chapters.

Additionally, the door on JKR's site opened on Halloween revealing 3 of the chapter titles. You can see/read about them here.

Other Info: On August 16th, the door on JKR's site opened giving us the following excerpt of book 6, which describes the Half-Blood Prince:

(He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

Random facts about the book

We will learn a lot more about Voldemort in this book.

HBP will be an intense book, but with light-hearted moments.

Harry will leave Privet Drive early again, for a "much pleasanter" reason than in book 5.

The opening chapter of book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of book 1, perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.

Neither Harry or Voldemort (including Tom Riddle) are the Half-Blood Prince

Arthur Weasley will not be the new Minister of Magic

By the ends of books 6 and 7 "you'll have all the back story you'll need", says JK Rowling, and a prequel will not be necessary

There will be a new Minister of Magic, no more Mr. Fudge.

We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable in book 6.

The Dursleys are in the next book, but Harry's stay with them will be the shortest yet. In book 5 he stayed for 4 weeks, so we know his stay will be less than 4 weeks.

Cho Chang will not be a romantic interest of Harry in Book 6, however there will be a "little romance" for Harry says JK.

In books 6 and 7 we will find out exactly why JK killed off Sirius.

Harry becomes even more powerful in book 6.

In books 6 and 7 we will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape.

We will find out what happened to Wormtail AKA Peter Pettigrew

More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius will be revealed in the last 2 books.

JK has said that giving away the form of Snape's boggart and patronus says too much. We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.

Hermione and Draco will NOT end up together in book 6 or 7.

We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.

The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, will be revealed.

We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.

We'll learn more about Harry's scar in the last 2 books.

Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.

More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.

Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences in book 6, says JK.

The wizarding world is really at war in the sixth book.

Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.

We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents (though JK says they aren't really important to the story)

We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.

Book 6 will be shorter than the 5th book (or at least JK's 99% sure, but will not swear on her children's lives)

There will be no "new" nationalities of children at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is a British school, and JK says that adding foreigners for the sake of it is not in her plans.

During an interview, when JKR was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for 1 hour, she said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, but doesn't know its importance. Yet. (this could h

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I do, in fact, own the box set of all three movies... the movies were good... nice background work... as for the books... well... I doubt I;d ever read them... I'm more a Piers Anthony / Star Wars kinda reader...

6. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i actually just read that yesterday, i love mugglenet :p have to watch trailer at work :D

7. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i love Piers Anthony, he wrote me two (2!) letters.

i totally forgot that Sirus died! i guess i blocked it out. Dang.

the next rabbit has to be named pig [face_pig] esp. if it's a tiny one...

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    how could you forget sirius died?

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    yeah how could you? :_|

I still haven't forgiven Rowling for offing him :(

10. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i was in denile, i was secretly hoping that he could somehow be reserected..... it could still happen.

[-o|

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well they did hear him beyond the veil.

He is supposed to be dead but I don't think it is going to be the last we see of him [face_mischief]

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hhhmmmmmm, you think he'll be back

stupid oppm

13. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Not alive, no matter how much I wish that but I do think there is more to it.

1 it was written very poorly for a main character like his to be killed off
    2 the character could have done alot more, I feel currently really it was brought in for no reason. Someone has argued with me that it was to show he was innocent, however that can easily be shown another way. Pettigrew would have eventually gone back to Voldemort and it could have been done through him about Sirius.

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    only 49 days, eek i have to finish my scarf, too much stuff to do. we're going to make weasly sweaters for when the movie comes out :D

there is still that mirror, maybe it will work later

15. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Aww cool!

I think there is more to the mirror because it was mentioned alot for no reason otherwise ;)

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    exactly ;) why else even include it in the book, its not like harry actually remembered to use it

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    ah you think like me :D

I am so happy! lol

Seriously, I am still debating with someone abotu Dean no one believes my theory. They all want to think Seamus. Ugh hate people with no logic in answers :p

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Oh someone elsewhere asked what Messrs as in the marauders meant and one translation which came back was

"The oldest brother of the king of France."

Wouldn't the brother of a king be a prince? [face_mischief]

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    very interesting, so maybe its harry or lupin, i always assumed it was shortened or similiar to masters / misters, she is very clever

20. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Rowling has already said it isn't Harry.

It would be Peter, however I think Lupin is more likely as we know he definately is a half blood in two ways.

21. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Actullally messrs or however you spell it is like the french monseur, i think Yianns right about the mister part, but it's a pluralization, meaning more than one of them.

The epthmology of the word could be as Amber sugessted but i am not sure if it has anyhing to do with the HBP.

There has to be more about Sirus, why put all that effort into development of character and bond him so strongly to Harry to give him such a short existance?????

22. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well the plural most likely is because it was on the map refering to all four marauders.

Out of them only one I know is a definate half blood which is Lupin.

Sirius definatly has to have more to him, I am wondering if she is going to be taking into acount there are two sirius stars A and B

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i doubt it means peter, everything in these books has meaning

finally saw the new trailer, adi that pic of ron driving the car is from chamber of secrets :)

24. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i realised that when Melissa and i watched it. it looks so good, i want tri wizard robes for the opening of the film. Where's my scarf? :(

25. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well doesn't say whether Peter is a half blood but doubt he is.

You mean these robes although can't see them well in these

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/harry_gof_dumbledore.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/amberstarbright/harrypotter/cedric_gof.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.