main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Harry Potter thread ***WITH SPOILERS!***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Alrighty, I know at least some of the RMFFers (the springers anyway) are into the Harry Potter thing. I just got done with book 4 while I was camping and I'm itching for the next book. Movie was awesome and I can't wait for Chamber of Secrets to come out in November (my last month in the States for 3 months).

So sound off, who here is into Harry Potter? If you're not...DOOOOO IIIIIIITT! Kids books you say? Bah! GOOD books is what they are. Read em. You'll like em.

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I am going to be one of those poor saps that wait in line at the book store at midnight to get the next one. Then I will proabaly spend all day reading it. :p I did that with the fourth one, and it worked out really well. Finished it in 17 hours. :D

3. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Harry Potter rocks! I just got finished with book four as well and can't wait for five!

For Halloween this year my son is going to be Harry Potter and I'm gonna be Professor Snape. :D

The Chamber of Secrets is gonna rock!

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    What's strange is that my brother looks like Harry. It's uncanny, their mannerisms are nearly identical. and they both have that round face... but my brother needs to dye his hair black. :D

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL! I'm not waiting out side at midnight, I'll just check it out from the base library (and if it's not in I'll reserve it so the little punks can't get it next) [face_devil]

By the way, when DOES book 5 come out? Anyone know?

6. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    I don't think they ever released a date but rumor has it that it's planned for this year. So maybe soon.

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope so...

8. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Me too. 5 is gonna kick @$$!!!

9. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Just so you guys know, it's slated for release in November, in conjunction with the new film. And yes, HP RULES!

10. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    Harry Potter just love it and can't wait for the new movie and book yeah

aside from Harry being my favorite just love ole professor Snape

Slytherins Rule!! [face_mischief]

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I heard a rumor that Ewan was going to play Lupin. That would be really cool. :D

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I heard that too & that would be cool. I really like these books. I read them all in about a week & a half right after #4 came out. I liked the movie a lot also. I bought the dvd but I havent made the three plus hours commitment to sit down & watch it with all the extra scenes & stuff.
    As much as I liked the movie- I hate being so far behind the story on film. Im ready to see what happens in book 5 & I havent even seen trailers for movie 2 yet.

13. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    I highly doubt Ewan will play Lupin, seeing as Production for Azkaban will go into production for Episode III, though that would be pretty sweet.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    The guy playing Lucious Malfoy (Jason Isaacs) looks perfect for the role IMO...he's the guy who played Capt. Steele in Blackhawk Down and the main badguy in The Patriot

[image=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/N/000/50/42/Headshot.jpg]

Also Lockhart will be played by Kenneth Branagh (an excellent actor, from the 3 hour version of Hamlet that came out awhile back, mary shelley's frankenstein, and the bad guy in Wild Wild West).

One casting I don't agree with is Moaning Myrtle...she was supposed to be in school when she died, but they've cast someone who is 36 yrs old...

[image=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1426/ShirleyHen_Vespa_469719_400.jpg]

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oh yeah, Madame Hooch isn't in the credits for Chamber either...isn't there quite a bit of Quidditch in book 2?

16. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Maybe in the movie they won't play Quidditch. It's a horrible thought but they might cut it to shorten the movie. Book 2 was longer than book 1 after all.

Besides Quidditch is kind of to Harry Potter as podracing is to SW prequels and they didn't have much podracing in AOTC.

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    nah, I disagree. Quidditch is a MUCH bigger part of Harry Potter than podracing is in Star Wars.

Also on the Sorceror's Stone DVD in the special features, they're talking about an elaborate Quidditch match where Harry is chased by a bludger (you know the match, right?)

18. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    I don't know about the quidditch/podracer thing. It was a pretty big part of TPM and supposedly their culture.

Yeah I know the match. I haven't really watched all the extra features on my Harry Potter DVD yet. All I've seen are the extended scenes and you know what you have to go through for those (I always take the potions class route). ?[face_plain]

19. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    I wanna see how fat they make dudley, lol

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    a cripes...I just realized Crossroads of Twilight (book 10 of Wheel of Time) comes out in November too...now I'll have to decided which to read first...lol. Wheel of Time might be easier to get ahold of in the library...

If you like The Wheel of Time, check out the Official Wheel of Time thread on our sister forum (Phoenix) here.

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Yeah, it was a big scene in TPM, but it's not one of the first things I think about when I think about Star Wars...it might have been big for TPM, but not Star Wars altogether. Quidditch on the other hand is a pretty big part of EVERY Harry Potter book so far. It's just more important to Harry Potter than podracing is to Star Wars. TPM wouldn't have lost much without the podrace, but Harry Potter without Quidditch just wouldn't be the same (and it's A HUGE part of both Harry and Ron's characters, and has a large effect on the plot in each book).

22. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Your point is well said.

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I just noticed today when I was starting to reread book 1 that Aunt Petunia was supposed to be blonde (oh, and I remember reading in book 4 that Angelina Johnson was black, but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere else in the books...in the movie she's white).

24. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Dudley was supposed to be blonde too. Angelina could be half black/half white.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, in the movie she's definitely all white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.