main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official Hip-Hop Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BarryBonds25, Feb 7, 2004.

1. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    its not that bad. i dont think she'll translate into a good artist anyway, so not fussed. she could surprise me, but im usually on the money with these things.

Deception,
    we should have a bet on Coles sales. I bet he sells less than 50k first week.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    yeah, I'm exaggerating. Her voice is a tad annoying, though.

I thought sales didn't matter? o_O

I honestly have NO idea how he's going to do. Probably not awesome tho. Hopefully it's a fantastic album and word of mouth helps sell it.

you gonna get it after all this fuss?

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    You didn't watch the Grammy's then I'm assuming DD?

Beyonce is preggers.

4. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Sale's don't matter in terms of quality
    But his future as an artist and as a mainstream rapper means it matters a lot.

I will get it if it's good.

5. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    oh daaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! haha. cool.

db- word.

6. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    cole tweeted "cole world no sextape"

so I'm thinkin all this is bull. but who knows.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Run TF.N!!!!!!! LMAO

The new Drake songs are tight, I really like the Club Paradise. If these are all throwaways the album is gonna be incredible.

Also, I'll take the over if we're making bets on Cole going over/under 50k, kids buzz goes way beyond the internet I'm finding out everyday

8. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/09/topic/topic/music/drake-ft-rick-ross-free-spirit/

Another new Drake in case you missed it.

He really needs to drop a tape with all his songs from this year.
    It's nuts if Marvin's Room dont make the album.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Marvin's Room was wack.

Drake is wack.

I'm dope.

10. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    dude just be a ***** for once, embrace your inner coward, hug a disabled person, cuddle a teddy bear and listen to a drake song. it will make you feel real.

11. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll get right on that.

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    regarding the battle thread/run tfn:

I enjoyed myself immensely during all that and it certainly played a roll in my growth as a lyricist [not that that means anything to anyone here except lol]. I look back on that time period fondly.

13. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Nas has a book coming out
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/09/nas-set-to-release-it-ain%E2%80%99t-hard-to-tell-memoir/

Ghostwritten, but I will be coppin' that ish

14. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I like that it's named after my all-time favorite nas song.

edit: this will make the second book about a rapper worth picking up?

edit2: doubt it's gonna be as good as decoded tho. that book was sick on a lot of levels [mostly artistically- as in, design-wise]. one of my favorite books.

15. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Don't sleep on the Wu-Tang Manuel either, it's a few years not but it's an awesome book into the Clan's beginnings, slang, each of the members etc. But the Nas book is a must read as is Decoded, I still haven't read that smh

16. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    i still need to decide if i want ipad version of decoded or physical. he released a special app for it.

Nas book will be more interesting, as much of Jays life is covered by his music and is public knowledge. Nas has a lot of juicy info too, like Kelis and his wifey that Jay slept with lol.

17. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    DJ Suss One ft. Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks, French Montana, Floyd Mayweather & Junior Reid ? Champion
    http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/09/topic/topic/news/dj-suss-one-ft-jadakiss-lloyd-banks-french-montana-floyd-mayweather-junior-reid-champion/

hawt

18. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    htf would you know that without having read Decoded? lol.

GMK: I've flipped through it [more than that], but really only looked at the rhyme section, which was lacks, to say the least. they don't comment on much and most of what they do say is stupid/obvious. Jay's commentary, for the most part, was enlightening in a lot of ways. Not that the book isn't good; I don't know. I'm just saying as far as the rhyme sections go... Decoded > Wu Manual. hard.

19. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    because Nas is a way more interesting person than Jay, especially because Jay's life is an open book already, although he keeps the most interesting parts pretty quiet.

20. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    J. Coke Ft. Cam-L

http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2011/09/topic/topic/music/j-cole-ft-jay-z-mr-nice-watch/

"and Jay-Z murdered you on your own ****"

lol the hook be so wack

21. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    little known =/= interesting

Jay's classic [with a twist] American tale is interesting as ****. Even just hearing very specific details about hustling and living in the legit ghetto is pretty interesting in and of itself, let alone all the stuff about his life that isn't limited to two words.

I seriously don't see how you can equate Jay-Z's past being better known to being less interesting than Nas', except for the fan that you're forever on Nas' ****.

I mean, yes, I'm interested and will probably read it unless it gets poor reviews, but it's automatically a more interesting book?

no.

22. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    ive been hearing about Jay-Z drug dealin for like 15 years. I don't wanna know more about it. What's the twist in Jays story? He's the same as puff, master p, baby, dre, etc etc etc etc

The only interesting part of Jays life is when he shot his own brother.

23. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Let's Change the Way we Bathe

[image=http://membres.multimania.fr/killahpriest/photos/bath.jpg]

24. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    so? I've been hearing about how nas likes esco for 10 years and I never wanted to hear about it in the first place. Why would I want to read a book about it?

this is the level of ignorance you're on right now.

puff and dre I know for a fact have wayyyyyyyyyy different stories than each other AND jay. You probably know, too. neither one of them were serious hustlers, iirc.

I find the exposition on Jay's father and uncle incredibly interesting.

honestly, I don't care. You're ignorant as **** [with an eff] right now. Did you just call Jay cam light? lollllllllllllllll wut?

ignorance abounds.

like you had to up the ante to bathe because you realize now pac had a point about eating? besides, to take half a line completely out of context is ridiculous in and of itself. like you're trying to say the whole song was pac telling you what kind of diet to get on and how you shouldn't chew gum on butt medication.

25. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    lol how comes you didnt comment on the new Memphis Cole song

lol