Amph Official Hip-Hop Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BarryBonds25, Feb 7, 2004.

1. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    and I disagree. I think he has a good voice [kinda raspy] and plenty of charisma. He needs to work on his video presence, but he'll get there. It's not like Biggie had a whole lot of presence in the Juicy video or Jay in the Dead Presidents video.

to the second part, that's what you think. I'm tellin you a lot of those albums I heard for the first time in HS. I didn't read reviews. Ain't nobody tellin me they were good, except illmatic, RD, blueprint, and RtD, which I knew were classics when I heard them first. But the others I heard and vibed with from open to close.

You may have had a different experience.

edit:

And you put a lot of weight in this satirical blog that [not sure if you knew this] AIN'T actually by Ghostface and its whole MO is to **** on everything. We get it... everything out sucks cuz nothing will ever be as good as what it used to be. cool. Most of the lines he said are lame were actually dope.

And as far as "he's sayin the same thing he's been sayin" thing.. for most people, this is the first time they've heard cole. People like you that haven't really listened to the mixtapes shouldn't complain about the material you didn't listen to that's on the album. Everybody that did appreciates it.

Cole already addressed this, tho: "You hate it before ya played it/ I already forgave ya/"
  2. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    I'll admit I don't know how I feel about the farted line. lol.
  3. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    ayo triple post but I did NOT know missy could sing. dag. shows how much of a missy fan I am [I dig her stuff a lot- just never way into her- never bought an album]. lol. I kept listening for her to rap. haha.

Her part is dope tho.

def my favorite song on the album so far. I love the way the beat and his flow come together at the beginning. and the beat goes HARD. It's a banger with an emotional sounding sample [guitar?]- then the drop and missy.......

yo...
  4. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    Lol how can you not know she sings.
  5. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5

Man I can't believe someone didn't check him about that line lol that ish is all sorts of turrible. But the album is all sorts of dope, tied for album of the year for me so far with Saigon.
  6. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    she doesn't sing in any of her hits. ta da.

source gave it 4 mics, xxl gave it a solid xl [as in all categories were xl] and rolling stone gave it 3.5.

vibe apparently doesn't do reviews anymore. smh.

oh, apparently album on pace for 240k first week.
  7. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    smh.....

HHDX gave it 3.5
    Everyone knows the album is lacking lol...lol 5 mics....

Anyway I watched Fade to Black, I can't believe I never watched this, around that era I was big into music. I was bootlegging on ebay, and all sorts of ish...It was 24/7 hiphop.
    Some real funny/great stuff on it, dunno if any of you seen it;
    There's one scene where Jay says Just Blaze only makes beats to fund his video game addiction lol.

When Ghostface comes out to perform with Beyonce, it's just hillarious, he's wearing like a diamond bath robe and taking out the biggest chains you have ever seen, from a sack. He's wearing like 5 of them. Like 5 or 6 of these, seconds before he's out to perform lol
    [image=http://somuchsilence.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ghostface.jpg]
    Speaking of that, I totally forgot that Beyonce Ghostface song, me and this girl used to love that song man. Was great to hear it, I didn't remember it all, probably the first time I heard it in 5-6 years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ecU3zLM78
    I really need to dig out my old hard drive, probably hundreds of songs on there I've forgotten about. Hope it's not dead.

Foxy Brown has her boobs popping out during her performance smh

Also Kevin remember when I said the Kanye line from Murder for Excellence (I'm from the Murder Capital, Where they murder for capital), and you reminded me it was from Jay'z Lucifer. Interestingly in the film, when Ye plays the Lucifer beat for Jay, he actually raps on it and spits that line. I wonder if it actually was Ye who originated that line, it's dope either way.

It's really cool seeing the beats Jay rejects from Just, Ye and Timbo.
    There's also a really weird Rick Rubin beat Jay raps on. I love hearing unreleased ish

Mary J really kills Song Cry too.

Sad to see all of ROC, and now they all gone...best rap label ever man.
  8. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah cuz there are never any albums they give the wrong rating to. oh wait.

* Breaking Atoms -- Main Source
    * Death Certificate -- Ice Cube
    * The Chronic -- Dr. Dre
    * Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) -- Wu-Tang Clan
    * Ready to Die -- The Notorious B.I.G.
    * The Infamous -- Mobb Deep
    * Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... -- Raekwon
    * 2001 -- Dr. Dre
    * Grip It! On That Other Level -- Geto Boys
    * Doggystyle -- Snoop Doggy Dogg
    * The Diary -- Scarface
    * Me Against the World -- 2Pac
    * The Score -- The Fugees
    * Reasonable Doubt -- Jay-Z

This is as good a lot of those albums for sure. besides, wt* is hhdx and why are they the end all and be all? Is that your go-to after the fake ghost blog?

Fade to Black is dope. I own it and have watched it 10 times give or take. Here's the part where I could laugh about how you've never seen this, but I won't, cuz it doesn't really matter.

Surprised at you saying the roc is the best label ever, although I feel like I recall you making similar statements. still.
  9. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    lol theres too many lame beats and lines for that album to be 5 mins. Sorry but stop reaching.

I just feel the ROC had synergy with everyone working together. I mean Jay, Cam, Freeway, Beans, Kanye...and the affiliated rappers dropping some decent stuff, Twista, Young Gunz, Juelz, Stat Prop, Dip Set. Crazy collaborations, and crazy beats. The producers in house were on another level. I just don't see any other label on that level. Plus Jay, Beans and Ye are 3 of my favourites, no other label can say that.
    I mean Death Row was aite with Dre, Snoop and Pac, but I didn't really like any of the stuff beyond that.
    And then other labels like GOOD Music have brilliant artists, but they don't really have albums dropping every month so it's not to that level.
    The thing is most artists labels are too focused on the lead artist to let anyone shine, the ROC wasnt like that.

10. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    too many sick beats and hot lines for it to be 3.5 mics. stop hating.

It's ridiculous to me how you're taking that fakeface blog as gospel.

Imagreewitchya, except for the fact that ye came on when the roc was pretty much dead. he had like 2 seconds with them.

bad boy was a force in its day.
  11. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    He had 2 classic albums with them, how is that 2 seconds. Not to mention blessing Beans and Jay with beats.
  12. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6

First of all, technically, the label's still around, so Kanye has actually dropped 6 albums with them fam.

moving on...

how many videos did he get in on with them? like... none. not many. not to mention a lot of the producing he did was before he was signed to them. at least, the important stuff- the stuff you're talking about [jay and beans].

rocafella was founded in 95. ye dropped in 2004. roc's best days were gone. probably over at latest in 05, but really much earlier. dame and cam were gone by 04. bleek's last album was 05. I mean their peak had to be 2000/2001 with roc la familia and blueprint.

the only real real real roc thing ye got to do was the we are the champions song.
  13. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    cole world holding up extremely well to repeat listens. It's getting better as I listen. Too many stand-outs right now, but I'm LOVIN Cole World and Nobody's Perfect right now. Cole said Nobody's Perfect probly his next single. Hopefully comes with a video. After that- mr. nice watch would be sick just to see jay and cole.

5 mics.
  14. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
  15. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    woah.

mix of emotions right now.

edit:

ok ok. I can't leave you with just that. It's just crazy actually seeing you. like- moving around and stuff. lol. I feel strangely closer to you, especially having seen your bed and your shirt off. [face_laugh] The snitches be crazy shirt is real funny too.

video: cool. pretty funny. kinda crazy. haha.
  16. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    unfortunately that's not my bed. :(

:p

but that was my shirt off. I know. I know. You're jealous. You don't have to say it.
  17. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
  18. TypoCelchu Force Ghost

star 6
    Apparently the BET Awards cypher list was leaked, as usual, and I have to say... even more underwhelming than last year. The only names I saw that made me feel even slightly excited was Skillz and Blind Fury. Blind Fury always kills the freestyles, and Skillz has been at it for a minute. The rest of the list... wack.
  19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5

You aren't excited for an Eminem/Slaughterhouse cypher??
  20. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Sick song by Drekidd

Saw this song on a our universities weekly music tv show. Loved it the minute I heard it
  21. TypoCelchu Force Ghost

star 6
    I will say, the list I saw was much less impressive than the official list I just saw today. Things are looking better. Much better.
  22. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Word here are two cyphers that have been released online

Cypher 1: Gilbert Forte, XV, Chris Sutton, Jay Rock

Cypher 2: French Montana, Termanology, Sean Cross, Rico Staxx, Wais P

http://www.killerhiphop.com/2011-bet-hip-hop-awards-cyphers-video/
  23. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    downgrading cole world to 4.5 mics. It's better than it's getting credit for, but too many songs with just two [albeit solid or killer] verses + 2 old songs [albeit dope, understandable, and fit with the album extremely well] + needed one more crazy amazing song [which, I gotta admit, source put me onto. it's right- it needs one above all else highlight to elevate it to classic status].

Essentially, if Cole World is the Blueprint, it's got takeover, heart of the city, and u don't know, [even song cry] but no h to the izzo.
  24. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    thought i'd revive this thread with a little bit of esco.

sick Nasty nasty sick!!

Not that yall haven't heard it or seen it [this was my first time seeing the vid- love these type of videos with Nas and the kids and dappin people up and givin away jewelry], but it's goodness!
  25. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    This thread is gonna go down the toilet again now that Ossy's banned.