main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official Hip-Hop Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by BarryBonds25, Feb 7, 2004.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    haha, yes very.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    New J. Cole video out Nobody's Perfect ft. Missy. coulda been better but pretty psyched my favorite song on the album gettin air time. if it gets air time. needs a third verse tho. I texted it to him but not sure if it's the right number or whatever

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh, how I missed this thread. <3

I had toyed with the idea of starting a Temp thread but only myself and Tom were posting so I didn't think there would be a lot of activity. :p

4. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Here I am. Posting on the JC again. Happy?

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    A little bit.

6. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    ok let's get right into it. Where do you rank Life Is Good out of all Nas albums? I think it's his best since Stillmatic. Prolly would put it 4th overall.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I think it's quite good but not great. The first half of the album is really good but the second half doesn't quite hold up. At least two of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition (Nasty and The Black Bond) are better than most of the second half tracks. If you replaced the two worst of that bunch with those songs I mentioned then I think the album as a whole would achieve "great" status.

I don't think it's his best since Stillmatic. I think I actually prefer every album since Stillmatic and onward over this one, maybe with the exception of Untitled.

3.5/5 for me.

8. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I break the album up into thirds. and the middle third if the only 'meh' part to me. summer on smash and you wouldn't understand are the only songs I don't like. And I agree about Nasty and The Black Bond. The Black Bond may actually be my favorite track.

The Don, Cherry Wine, and Bye Baby are all in the second half of the album though... you didn't like these songs?!?!

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Those are the three I did like, actually. Didn't care much for the rest.

Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  10. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    ok now review the last drake album for me

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    What's a drake?

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I miss you guy's breaking out into huge arguments and then someone saying "u mad?"

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    That only happened with users named "Darth" something.

14. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    and he so mad

15. Artie Clay

Artie Clay Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    Substance Abuse feat. Tash of Tha Liks

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Definitely.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Anyone listened to Food and Liquor 2 yet? Seems like it's getting better reviews than Lasers but not as good as his previous two albums.

19. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Not yet. Been so damn busy lately. Definitely gonna be checking it out soon though.

20. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    super smooth extra cool I haven't even finished the album can't stop listening to thinkin bout you not like the song like I'm thinking about you right now

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    macklemore's album "the heist" released independently with no label debuted at number 2 on the billboard charts. pretty amazing. i posted these videos in the "what song are you listening to?" thread but they bear reposting.

22. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    There's so much to say about those two videos I'd rather not (at least right now) because my thoughts will get lost in trying to voice them, but the dude is fun/cool and pretty good at rapping with a pretty good rap voice so... props to him. and for being fairly original. on F&L2- I listened to some previews on itunes and it sounds cool. on nas' last album: every single I heard was so dope, though I did not cop. And I'd also like to reiterate that Frank Ocean is a beast. I know it's very little to go one, but I get that legend feeling from this guy. I know I'm not saying anything ground-breaking and I'm late to the party more-or-less, but this dude is.... beyond.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this new kendrick lamar record. oh man, so good.

Darth_Deception likes this.
  24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah, basically everyone is going nuts over it. I guess I should check it out. :p