main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga :^) Official Holiday Humour Challenge (the other one) (^:

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That's right, an official Holiday Humour Challenge, with pretty pretty e-prizes!

The topic for the first Challenge is Gift Shopping Lists: pick a canon character from the Saga, and postulate what would be on his or her gift shopping list for the holidays. For example:

Luke's Holiday shopping list:

HAN: alluvial dampers in custom hot rod colours, hot rod flames for the Falcon...Bullet hole decals... "My other ship is a Soro-Suub" bumper sticker

CHEWIE: (and Leia?) tangle free leave-in conditioner, (scent: vanilla? muja fruit? wet dog?)... blow dryer?

MON MOTHMA: Industrial strength tissues for briefings

LEIA: Niccolo Machievelli's The Prince; or Prince Matchabelli perfume...? (would she get the joke?) Lingerie... no that's a bad idea...

WEDGE: a bloody medal recommendation! (I should just do that now...) Stuffed Ewok cuddle toy?

Feel free to include any internal maunderings the characters might have on why they would pick that gift for their friends (and don't forget enemies!)

Prizes in this challenge will be given for Funniest Item, Funniest List, Oddest Gift Idea, Best Hero's Gift, and Best Villain's Gift.

Deadline is two weeks from today: Thursday the 16th of December. Post 'em here when they're done, feel free to edit to change or spruce up your list until midnight board time on that day, after which they will be judged. Can't wait to read 'em!

There will be another humour challenge posted after that time to this very thread, so keep checking back!

*Derisa*

2. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    OK. I'm bored, so I decided to give it a try. It's unbeta-ed, and it's the first time ever I'm responding to a challenge, so be nice ;). wow, it turned out lame. I'm afraid to post this. You may fire when ready.

Thrawn's thoughts are in italics. I used some rather earthy things (Hello Kitty etc), but okay..
    Thrawn's Things To Buy List.
    PALPATINE: SkinLift-O-Matic don't think about this, Thrawn, Pretty Boy Hair Wax what does he need that for?, Catch-The-Jedi game
    VADER: red thong, Hello Kitty lunchbox, My Little Pony boxers, Bananas In Pyjamas DVD, family therapy I really should stop looking at his art to see what he wants. Icky Vader.
    TARKIN: socks and underwear and maybe a nice overdose of sleeping pills..
    VEERS: who? uuhm..socks and underwear for him also
    DAALA: sexy red bra for Tarkin? "I Called Him Grand Moff" book
    PELLAEON: ANYTHING to keep him from bothering me
    TK-421: a post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.