main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official "Home" Fan Film Production Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    C'mon clone_me, I sent you a pm 4 days ago, you read it 18 hours later, no response, considering the pm i sent i should have at least gotten a decent and civil reply if you are truthful, or a denial and whine if you aren't.
    the lack of response and time taken between your reading the pm and posting now only tells me you had to get your story straight.

but the bottom line is this, you are either soulkrusher, posting exactly as you have been before, or you are in fact a new person, who has posted nowhere before except this thread barring a few introductory posts of little meaning or content to establish a shaky identity at best.

in either case, you are seriously annoying people with your self righteousness and pompous carrying on with your attitude, again a solid indicator of the person you actually are, regardless of the sock you are using, you do come across as exactly the same person, i need only check my PMs from sk to read the same attitude that you are posting with.

as i PMed you, i'd like to think i'm wrong and that you may in fact be a whole new person for the fanfilm interest here in perth, but nothing of what you are saying is even close to ringing true, or i would have at least had a pm in response, or SH would have heard from you, neither of which has happened.

Hawk, you can do ip scans, is my gut reaction accurate?

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    MFT, this isn't the appropriate place to discuss these things. Follow stinky's lead and keep this topic on the subject of fan films, please. PM me if you want to ask me something.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    In an attempt to get this thread back on topic:

filming was GREAT!! Great camera and the weather was on our side... *Remembers to say a prayer of thanks to god*

Just some more shots to be shot this weekend and then my job really starts with all the Computer Graphics.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Second Day of Filming Report (abbreviated)

Again, utter determination from everyone involved to get the job done, and get it done well.

Down to the beach at about 8:45-ish, having ingested (again) large quantities of coffee and other stimulants. Everyone in costume, and awaaaayyy we go...

The afternoon was a lot more hectic than the morning, methinks...mostly because of large, black clouds slowly creeping in from the west. One of us basically watched Garden Island for the first signs of rain, knowing that would be our last chance to finish...

Ironically, I think we came out with our best work in that afternoon. There is something to be said for time constraints, I think...:D

And for everyone watching, a few of Saintheart's Laws Of Fanfilming:

1. Utilise all the skills of your cast. Do not be afraid to allow your special effects guy to jump off six-metre cliff faces if he asks. ;)

2. Have faith in the Force. Particularly if the mask of one of your characters keeps moving and making the character wearing it basically rely on memory during lightsaber duels :D :D

3. Always remember sunblock...or have a generous person able to donate moisturiser.

Next weekend: final scenes (in the afternoon) and hopefully pickup shots (in the morning) ... any thoughts, anyone?

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    can i shave my head yet?

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    EDIT: GOD DAMN BLOODY STUPID TFN ERROR CRAP!

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Not just yet. ;)

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Just checking in...City of Melville sez we're good to go on Saturday afternoon. Any comments, ladies, gentlemen?

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    hmmm..... We shooting with the same cameras?

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'll attempt to get the camera again, but it depends on my partner... Hang on, no it doesn't... It depends on the other group... I'll ask the teacher if I can book the uber camera to do some "work"... But yeah, I'll post a "yay" or "nay" tomorrow... It should be good... I've borrowed it twice before now and no problems with it... So yeah.

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    *Fingers crossed*
    *Rubs rabbit's foot*
    *Pours several litres of Coke over himself*

....well, it worked during final exams. Long story. :D

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    What day/time for filming in melville? I'll pop around if I can.

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    neigh.... I mean... YAY!

WE GOT THE CAMERA

14. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    WOOT!!! Good work~!!!

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    UPDATE!!!

Finally ****ing finished filming the first muthaf***ing WA fanfilm in history!!!!

TAKE THAT ALL YOU NON SOE PPL!!!!

anyhow... it was great

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Third Day of Filming (Abbreviated)

...And He saw that it was good.

It's done.
    Seven months after the inception, principal photography on "Home" is finally complete.
    It came about through a series of pickup shots at Cockburn one more time, and then a couple of hours at the City of Melville Civic Centre.

The last shot was a lengthy take between two of the principal characters, who stuck it out and finished it on a high note.

My thanks to each and every person who came along and helped on this thing...once more.

Now, on to editing, and SFX. It's on to me, Shadow, and Darth_Soup to bring it home.

If I see another beach before the summer, I may well go out of my mind. :D

...Sorry if this seems a bit incoherent. 9:30 p.m. after a 7:00 a.m. start always feels like three beers. :D

18. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Congrats to all. Sorry I couldn't be there to see it happen.

19. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    yea wat happened to ya ??

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Almost forgot: a special thanks to Darth_Soup and FaLLeN_AnGeL for the cameras on the shoots. That Canon XL-1 in particular was very, very impressive.

Kartnaym: sorry you missed it, too...we got there a bit late...hope you didn't come and miss us by a few minutes...

21. tenacious_dee

tenacious_dee Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    what time did you get there?

I got there at 1:30 and then left at about 1:45

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hm. About 1:25, I thought...we were in the courtyard of the Civic Centre. We might've just missed you, I'm not sure...sorry, man...:(

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Congrats to everyone involved.

24. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    2nd'ed...

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I never got the chance to get there, something else came up :(