main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official "Home" Fan Film Production Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    By 1:45 we was already shooting the sequence so we were there by 1:30 at least

2. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    But god daym it was noisy!!!

Saint, you going to complain about that lady?

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Hm. If you guys want me to, I shall...just have to put it rather delicately, in the interests of "reconciliation" and all... ;)

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    What happened ?

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    "We had a slight weapons malfunction, but we're fine, we're all fine here...now...thank you..."

Seriously, night before we film, I check my e-mail to discover the Civic Centre is not, as I had been told, being used on Sunday, but instead that there's a big function on there throughout Saturday afternoon. We're using the Civic Centre courtyard.

So anyway we all toddle up there and set up our stuff. We discover a full-on ...er... traditional instruments concert is going on inside the Civic Centre, and they've left two doors open on our side of the building. Sound propagation being what it is, having two small doors open just intensifies the sound coming out. (We're already resolved to dubbing some of the dialogue anyway). Anyway, all we want to do is just shut the two doors on "our" side of the building, seeing as there are several doors on the other side less than ten seconds' walk away, so it blocks the sound a bit. (The scene is a talky one, and it's hard enough to remember lines without having to resist the temptation to sing them ;) ) Oh, and just politely asking people to stay out of shot (tricky shot as it was.)

I was over by the camera for most of it, but basically I understand someone from inside the concert came out and verbally abused a couple of our cast and crew over the above two requests, which was over the top. We kept our cool, but it was damn rude...and added to my irritation, given I'd been told one thing by one section of the City Council, and told another by the City of Melville Rangers the night before we film.

As I said, if people want me to take it further I can; I just have to balance my concerns against leaving a bad impression with these folks and possibly scotching it for anyone else who might want to shoot there one day. Anyone think I'm being overcautious about it?

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't know about being over-cautious. Sounds like a fair enough reason to hold back... I think maybe if D wishes to complain, since he copped the brunt of it, maybe that would be better?

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm almost CERTAIN D will complain...and so he should.. i was right with him..very u-called for

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Did everything work out ok in the end ?

Perhaps if it was all ok in the end it might just be better to let it slide. I wasn't there so I don't really know how bad it was though.

Just my three cents worth.

:)

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, we did wind up getting the shots we needed, so from that perspective things worked out okay...

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    so when is the footage getting sent to my work station? I think i need to start the POST work ASAP

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Will have a word to DS about that in a jiffy... :D

12. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Yeah, after having a think about that, maybe we shouldnt start post work until we have edited, mainly due to the fact that you then have to only rotoscope about 10% of the footage rather than all of it.

DS

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    so how long do i need to wait??? can i get to work on the scene with the CG hilt??

14. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    yes, you can, but be patient young padawan :p

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    heheh riiiiiggghhhtttt

16. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    BTW peoples, I have just been working on the promo pics, and have realised one slight flaw...... we never got one of just Elliot in costume.....

Is there any way we could do this, I know that you have prolly shaved your head by now, but we are missing a crucial shot :)

DS

17. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    aightio... i havnt shaved me head yet... LUCKY hey ;)

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    aight hate to say it but my hair is now gone... it GOT WAAAAAY to long

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Not to worry...we are Windu Productions, after all... :D

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Just a quick snippet; notice of this fanfilm has now been put up on the Fanfilms forum. Monkey_abbot's website is up and running at www.swhome.cjb.net.

Postproduction's going well, to my mind; digital grading for one sequence is looking particularly nice.

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    You spelt my name wrong (or at least missed the last half of it :) )

By the way, great work with the posters.

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Apologies for that; can you send the correct spelling on to monkey_abbot (who also knocked together the posters)?

23. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    oops

all fixed now ( i hope)

which posters are you refering to? the "elyssa" "senji" and "sontag" ones?

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Yep...they're pretty nice. I honestly can't pick which one I like best, although the meditative shot of Sontag is both unexpected and appropriate... :D

25. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    *Jumps in and take credit away form monkey for the meditative shot ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.