main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official "Home" Fan Film Production Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Am I gonna be the last one round here with long hair?
    I don't have to cut it.. it's coming out fast enough by itself :(

"generous build"? is that 6'4" high and 5'6" round? [face_mischief]

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just a note that I may be late and I may be kinda overdressed from a prior meeting. :p
    I was also shorn recently so I've got a #2 back and sides style. Nothing new about that for me though. I'd say most of you know what I like like. The ones who have been on here a while all do. Some of the newer folks were at my place for the last Outer Rim meeting or saw me at the Innaloo AOTC midnight screening.
    For those who aren't sure, a shot of Susie & I at Breakfest 2002 on Boxing day: http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/341651111597/15783612lg.jpg

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    oh and im gonna bring Art of the Sabre 2 on my laptop.... GOD that film is soooooo saaaweeet!

Hopefully saint will like the style in AOTS2 so Stoney ad I can do somthin similair

4. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    i dont have a shaved head! arrgg!

(quiet the opposite....)

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I've got long hair and i will be there.

I'll wear a SW t-shirt as well so i'm not so hard to pick out.

Plus there is a pic in my profile although most people in the group know what i look like.

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    well if anyone wants to know what i look like they can check on my webpage:

http://shadowofevil1138.tripod.com/shadowofevil1138dotcom/index.html

i think i have pics on the martial art page

btw: heheh most the stuff on the martial arts site is PURE bullsht ;)

7. StoneyMcStoner

StoneyMcStoner Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2002
    Just a quick note, I won't have a mohawk anymore, I didn't like it enough, so I had it shaved off.......

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Given the preponderance of bald/balding/badass heads around here, perhaps the name of the production "company" should be Shaolin Pictures... ;)

2 days to go, ladies and gents.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    cant wait!!!! :D

hmmm... now we need a company name...... hmmmm.

10. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    how about Bobatek.. i dunno.. anyways Saturdays getting closer people.. Hopefully we get a better turnout then the Sunset Cinema meet :/

11. StoneyMcStoner

Nov 19, 2002
    For starters, this meet doesn't cost anything, and secondly, it isn't at a time when I am at work, so I'll definitely be there.........

If we are keeping with the "bald" theme...... how about Windu Productions :D

12. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    lol

"windu Productions"
    Producing movies as smooth as the makers heads

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    :^0

I like it!

EDIT: Can't get the laugh face to work. Oh well. :(

14. StoneyMcStoner

Nov 19, 2002
    I think we ashould have a seroiusd discussion about accvcepting Windu Productiooins As our official title, and using the catchphrasse that monkey saidd.

It is waaaaaaaaay cooll...

Stoney....

PS..... I apologise for thwe atttrociousa tyippping..... I am a littlea drunjk, 1 tequila, 2 tequilas, 11 tequikla floor,,..,.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ah...finally a true "Drunken Master" arises... :D

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    oh btw: would this place have any power outlets for my laptop?

17. StoneyMcStoner

Nov 19, 2002
    I severly doubt there will be any power points there...... and If there is I can't see them letting us use them....

PS... Man I was drunk.....I should really ban myself from typing when plastered.

Stoney

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    hehehe... idiot ;)

btw: i dont know if i can bring my laptop due to the battery being a ****en piss off and breaking!!!!

maybe i can export me videos onto my miniDV camera and show you all on that

19. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    looksi

EDIT: link didnt work

EDIT2: links STILL didnt work

EDIT3: the links were yet to work (crossing fingers)

20. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    IF anyone wants a lift call me on 0438901924. Seeya all tomorrow

21. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    w00t!!! i think i may be able to use my laptop after all!!! :D

good karma it is

22. StoneyMcStoner

Nov 19, 2002
    I was happy to see such an impressive turn out at the meeting today, and was even more impressed that the meeting was productive.

For the people who didn't come, Saintheart will soon be posting details of what is to be happening next.

Thank you to all people helping out on this project, and I hope to see you all at the next meetings.

Stoney

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    First Production Meeting Report

First, before anything else, a very, very big THANK YOU to everyone who turned out for the meeting. That was a really good experience, and I think everyone got some idea of what's going to happen from here on in.

For those who came in late :p or weren't able to make it, the following were basically the outcomes:

Casting:
    One or two castings have been settled, but there is to be a casting meeting on 18 January 2003 at 2:00 p.m. at Master_Kaustin's place. If anyone needs the street address, please PM or e-mail Kaustin or myself, for privacy reasons. There will be one or two people present who aren't active on these boards auditioning for the parts of Sith Adept and Jedi Padawan, so that should be an interesting afternoon. As far as I can see, Shadow_of_Evil, Cleopatra, me, Master_Kaustinand Soulkrusher are going to be at that one. It's looking more and more like Grizzly or myself will be playing the part of the Jedi Master, unless someone can contact a 40-50 year old who's interested in the role...

Fight choreography
    I'll be working with Stoney and Lee on this on 25 January 2002 on Saturday afternoon, once the StoneMan tells me where he wants us to meet... :D

Rehearsals
    Not set yet; we have to work out everyone's availability at the casting meeting before that happens.

Crew:
    Dingbat most graciously volunteered as crew for the film, and offered insightful suggestions. Further volunteers are most welcome...

SPFX/CGI:
    Shadow_Of_Evil demonstrated his rotoscoping technique and managed to impress several of those present. He therefore has taken on that task, as well as CGI for the other scenes in the film that need it.

Equipment:
    Well, Shadow also brought his DV camera along, and it's looking like that's become our prime camera... :D ... there are others available. He's also got access to a microphone. Stoney and Cleopatra had some ideas about lighting... :D

Locations:
    Several tempting offers for locations were made, but it's looking like Coogee Beach or some other generic down south beach and somewhere at UWA are likely to be the locations for the fan film. I'll be calling UWA to sneak on there.

Filming:
    Still looks like March or April 2003. The estimate of time now looks like two weekends in those months.

Miscellaneous:
    TenaciousDee put in a surprise appearance and outlined the concept for his own fan film. He's invited our production if any of us want to do extras work or other roles in his show...

If anyone wants to put in further comment, please feel free...otherwise, the next meeting is Casting, on 18 January 2003 at 2:00 p.m.

Regards, and thanks again
    Saintheart

24. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    hey.... VERY GOOD meet :D

aight.. saint im in for fight choreography as well so i'll be there with stoney. besides, been along time since i've raised a sword against the STONEMAN!!!! ;)

Might wanna make a lil note that Soulkrusher is a FAAAAR better 3d guy than me so give the majority of the 3d work to him [if he dont mind] but im happy with the rotoscoping... im doing a few clips 2morrow to refine my skills :D

oh btw: i love all the crouching tiger elements in the script

"getting the sword back made me realise how much i missed it" :D

EDIT: i think monkey is more than happy to create a pre-production webpage

25. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    So it all went well eh? good to hear ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.