Official Horrorfest Thread

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by Toymaster, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, we'll go with tomorrow (Sunday) in the Opry Mills food court at 1:30.
  2. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I got stuck at an all day seminar for continuing education today, so I'm trying to fit a weekend's worth of errands & art stuff into a little over a day. I'm trying to finish up my pumpkin pattern CDs to put up on my website on October 1st and am running a little behind (mostly due to trying to learn Front page at the same time). So, please keep my website in mind this year for your pumpkin carving pattern needs. I'll have at least 3 new Star Wars patterns free for download including the Emperor shooting Force lightning (with neon lighting effects), a Clone Trooper & an imperial royal guard. I may also do a rendition of the infamous illustration of Palpatine crowning Anakin as Darth Vader. I will also have my Star wars patterns up from last year too. My other CDs will include 15 Dog breed Portraits (Pumpkin Pals), 10 animals & fall scenes, & 10 Halloween themed patterns (I hope). Sorry for the little business plug, but I just had to. ;)

Back on topic: I have a few pictures from the Episode II line party & a Celebration photo with me, Dylan, Jay, & Tracy. Dylan, Jay & I were wearing our NAD shirts too. I also have a couple of digital pics I took that I could e-mail you. I'll try to downsize them so you won't have to download them overnight.
  3. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I might try to make it down if I can.
  4. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, here are the notes from tonight's meeting with Marc Ballard at Outer Limits Comics:

• Official Hours are Saturday 10-6; Sunday 10-4
    • Fan Force and 501st tables will be set up right next to each other, which will work well for those who will be representing both organizations and also to create an entire Star Wars area.
    • Set-up will be Friday 2-9 and Saturday 6-9:30. Set-up for our table will take place Saturday morning.
    • Marc will need some people to stay all night in the building both Friday and Saturday night, if it's OKed by Fairgrounds security. Michael Talento has already volunteered for this position, but I'm sure he'd love to have some company. Food and entertainment will be provided!
    • Saturday and Sunday mornings we will need people to help direct foot traffic to the building. This might be a good position for Stormtroopers (like at Celebration 2).
    • Anyone who can help pick up guests at the airport on Friday evening or from their hotels Saturday morning let me know. I know Skip has already mentioned that he can help out in this area, but more transportation would be great since there are a lot of guests.
    • Marc's dad will be handling all of the money at the door, but we will need to help check hand stamps, re-entries, etc.
    • We will also need someone to make a McDonald's run for lunch each day.

Should be a fun but busy couple of days! We will probably all go out and grab a bite to eat somewhere Sunday night after the show as well, so plan accordingly!
  5. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, just to throw this out there,...will the Rebel Legion be officially represented at this event? There are a few members of the local 501st who are also members of the RL. (and NAD as well) It seems everytime something happens, the 501st wants separate recognition, why not the RL too?
  6. TK-6873 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It might be possible for the 501st and the RL to share a table. We've done this at several other events, such as the Bellevue Kids Fair and Adventure Con 2, just to name a couple. It worked out great at those events.
  7. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    At every event we've ever done, we share a table with the outpost. We are all part of the same family anyway.

I'll bring my props and club literature and business cards.
  8. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I asked for both days off- we'll see what day I get!
  9. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    scruff,
    thats a fantastic question.as matt can verify the RL has been invited to about every single event the SO has done this year.Matt has been the "solo jedi" to most of our events.
    i,along with other 501st members,would love to see more jedi and RL people show up to represent that aspect of costuming.
    if the RL would like to,then id be all for bumming a third table to setup a RL spot.theres no reason not to,unless the show doesnt have room.
    the Outpost has numerous banners,signs and more.matt has been working with us to create those same items for the RL.i know a number of you guys in NAD have jedi costumes.this is as good a chance as youll get to wear them.
    Matt, can you get some people there to costume at the RL table?we need to be sure this will fly before asking marc for the space.

in the past,weve shared the 501st table with the RL at numerous events,but with all the 501st stuff i can see how the RL can get lost in it.we can do that again,thats what we were planning for anyway.
  10. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    From the way Marc was talking Tuesday night, it doesn't sound like he's too crazy about letting just anybody from our group in without a costume. I'm sure we can get by with a couple of people each day, but I think his main concern is that everybody's buddies will be trying to get in. So if you plan to attend without a costume, A) make sure you wear your NAD shirt, and B) let me know ahead of time so I can clear it with Marc. If you don't have an NAD shirt, I'm sure there's somebody that can loan you one. Otherwise it'll be three bucks.

And now for some news I'm very excited about: our banner is ready!!! I don't have it in hand yet, but it is made and is currently in transit so I should have it in a couple of days. I tried to incorporate as much of everybody's input that I could and let majority rule whenever there was a dispute over something (i.e. "www."). BIG thanks go out to Minacia Brightstar, our SE RSA for recommending Image Signs, and to Scott for the artwork.

So, without further ado...
    CLICK HERE!
    (I provided a link to the picture since I have had NO luck posting pictures here lately...)
  11. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool Mike! Congrats on a job well done for the banner and organizing the Horrorfest planning. :D I'm surprised that they were able to do the banner so quickly.
  12. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be wearing jedi gear- my dress is simply too hard to wear without someone constantly maintaining it..( pinning it,making sure I don't step all over it, ect.)I also have a feeling we will ned Jedi presence
  13. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Things seem to be coming together nicely! Just a couple of notes:

I am now taking donations for the banner from those who made a "pledge". Don't know the exact total but it should be between $50-60. I'm also looking into making a PVC pipe frame for it. Marc says the fairgrounds won't let us stick anything on the walls.

*edit* The total for the banner + shipping comes to $67.30.

Also, Jeff will be printing up some business cards for us with the web site on them. Scott, can you e-mail the NAD logo to him so that he can incorporate that as well?
  14. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Count me in for $10 towards the banner.
  16. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    The banner has arrived!!!

It looks great and I think everyone will be quite pleased with it. Looks like we have enough donations to cover the banner and then some. Here's the breakdown:

-Me: $20 (uh...paid)
    -Skip: $10
    -Matt: $10 (paid)
    -Michael: $20 (paid)
    -Zach: $10 (paid)
    -Dylan: $10
    Total: $80
    Cost of banner: $67.30

That leaves $12.70 extra, so I'll put that toward PVC pipe for the stand. Gotta go to Home Depot on Monday to pick up some Halloween Party materials anyway, so I'll get that while I'm there, too. If anyone would like to pay through Paypal, my user ID is toymaster_@hotmail.com.

Picked up a couple of SW table cloths at Party City--had origianlly planned to use my old ROTJ bed sheets, but I feel a little safer using these in case something gets spilled. I've got a white bedsheet that we can put under it to make it look a little nicer.

Also copied off some of the instructions on how to make oregami X-wings, and picked up some oregami paper at Michael's (my personal favorite arts & crafts store ;)). Dylan, will you be there to show everybody how it's done?

Saw some of the pages from the scrapbook yesterday, and Shannon is doing a great job! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I have a Halloween "trick or treat" bowl that we can put freebies in. I have a ton of SW stickers, but it would also be cool to have some candy, since it is Halloween and all, so everyone who wants to please bring a small bag of candy to the show. And then we can all get sick on whatever's left over...
  17. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I can be there Saturday in the morning, and Sunday in the afternoon. I'll try to make a few X-Wings ahead of time (and maybe a TIE fighter or two) for display.
  18. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    Michael, I left that stack of flyers at Viking. If you print some more or get some from Mark could ya send me a few to put up on some boards.
  19. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm glad that Renee at Image Signs was able to help you out and I'm happy to hear that you have received the banner in good order. :)

I expect to see pictures from this event, people. ;)
  20. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Not only that, but we also have a cool stand for it now! All it needs is a coat of paint and it's good to go!
  21. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! Great work, Michael!
  22. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Woulda posted this ahead of time but it just came together within the last day...we just had Marc and Larry on More at Midday to talk about HorrorFest! There is also information about the show at WSMV.com!
  23. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    It's great to see Marc & Larry get this kind of attention. Will they use any soundbites in the evening news for today? Just wanted to know if we should watch for them on the early evening broadcasts.
  24. Toymaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, that was the only time it will ever be shown. I'm going to try to get the info on next week's weekend planner segment on the morning show as well.
  25. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    Who's Marc and Larry?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.