Nash, TN Official Horrorfest Thread

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    marc ballard is the owner of outer limits comics.he is the main sponsor of chiller cinema and is the guy putting on horrorfest.
    larry is "Dr. gangreene"
    he's the host of chiller cinema.he will be there at horrorfest taping for his show.
  2. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, they were mentioned way back in the first page of this thread about a month ago.

Hey, anybody taking some HorrorFest flyers to that show in Gatlinburg this weekend?
  3. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it looks like I should be able to join you guys next Sunday. Things are finally getting ready to slow down a bit to give me a slight breather from the frantic pace I've been at for the last month. It looks like I will be "Jones-ing" it for Horrorfest. IF you know what I mean. ;) I'm just going to add a few creepy crawlys this time. I think I might bring a couple of my Star Wars pumpkins to display for our table too. See y'all there.
  4. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad to hear you'll be joining us, Scott! And the SW jack-o-lanterns will be the perfect addition to our table! :D
  5. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan to be there Sunday, but no plans for a specific costume yet. I may just go in NAD shirt.
  6. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Marc does indeed still need someone to stay overnight both Friday & Saturday night.

Would anyone be able to cover between 9:30-11 Friday night until Michael gets there? Marc has promised entertainment and snacks to whomever volunteers for this position.

Also, will anyone be available to help pick up people from the airport or hotel? I will be able to Saturday & Sunday morning, but can only haul one person at a time.
  7. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    Michael, I was able to trade days so I got Fri off after all. I will be able to be there around 8-9 pm.
  8. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
  9. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am pretty sure I now where I am going but just to double check, can I get some directions?
  10. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    From the Fairgrounds' website:

From Northwest (Clarksville, Ft Campbell)
    Take I-24 East to I-65 South to Exit 81 (Wedgewood Ave.), turn left, 1 mile to Fairgrounds.

If anybody needs directions from any other areas, let me know!

Also, everybody bring 1 bag of candy for our trick-or-treat bowl if you can.

11. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    That is exactly where I thought it was.
    I know there will proabably be alot of people there but do I need to check in with Mark or security to let them know that I am staying overnight?
  12. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    I would just look for Marc. He should remember you from the meeting. I've got to call him tomorrow--I'll remind him then.

13. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    mark is expecting you.i was at outer limits yesterday and were talking about that.
    jeff l. and i will be there tommorrow night setting up.ill remind him that your coming.

14. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Mike: Beyond candy is their anything else we should bring to dress up the FF table? If we had Chris' skull of Maul that would have been cool, but last I saw he's not coming. Obviously we don't want to leave out collectables or anything that could get damaged or stolen (unless maybe you were willing to sell something??).

So what else could we do besides the scrapebook and Scott's pumpkins on Sunday? Yeah I know we've got the banner and the handouts too.
  15. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like we're in pretty good shape. We'll have the scrapbook, our bowl of "goodies" (SW stickers, candy, etc.), oregami X-Wings, Scott's Jack-O-Lanterns on Sunday, plus some business cards with our website that Jeff just printed up for us. I think these things combined with our banner and costumes should make for a pretty nice display!

Don't think Marc would be to crazy about us selling stuff considering the table's not costing us anything. Personally I'm not crazy about having collectibles out on the table for several reasons: 1)sticky fingers; 2)things getting damaged; and 3)every other person asking "How much do you want for that?" We want to convey the idea that we are a group for the SW enthusiast on any level.

It's kinda like I saw on a flyer promoting Denver's FF (I'll try to remember as much as I can without the flyer in front of me): "We're not a collecting group, we're not a costuming group, we're not a role-playing group, we're not a fan film group, and we're not a LOTR group. We're all of these things and more. But most of all, we have fun!"

...And I think we will this weekend! I'll be there around 6:00am tomorrow morning to set up the table and run any errands that Marc needs me to. Set-up Sunday starts at 7:00am, but I'm not sure we'll need to be there that early that day.

Thanks to everybody for all of their hard work!

16. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Also, if you volunteered to help pay for the banner and have not paid yet, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember to bring your money this weekend!

The total cost of the banner was $67.30, and I have about $20 invested in the stand (PVC pipe, glue and paint). That comes to $87.30, and as of now I have received $60 (including my $20). That still leaves $27.30.
  17. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    mike,
    ive got cash for you for the banner,cya tommorrow

skip
  18. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I'll bring my money to you on Sunday.
  19. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well another event has come and gone,

good job by the fanforce on hosting a Fan-table for the event.

the banner and pole setup was superb.looked great.michael did really well putting that together.
    there wasnt as much traffic as i had hoped for but alot of fun none the less.im sure that alot of people will check out the site.though they may not have come over to the table they may still be interested.i know i saw alot of people standing and reading the banners.

im glad that we had all the participation that we had.

cya at the halloween party,

skip
  20. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Indeed HorrorFest was a success! Thanks to everybody for all their hard work! Everything looked great and I think we had a great presence.

Now...only 13 days until the biggest Halloween party of the year!!!
  21. TK-6873 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought the event was great. Could have been a little more horror and a little less comic book sale. I wish the crowd hadn't been so sparce. Was it me or was most of the crowd that did show up mostly bottom-feeders? What's up with that? I guess they were the horror in this horror fest.
    Hey, Toymaster, superb job on the FF table and banner. Totally top-notch. The post trash compactor Han Solo costume looked fantastic. Scott, great touch to the Indy costume with the spiders.
  22. Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey! I enjoyed meeting some fellow 501st members. You guys had a great set-up. I also picked up the Chiller Cinema video with the Southern Garrison which was enjoyable. I've updated the E'ville Jedi homepage with some pictures. The link is through the MidWest forum, Evansville Jedi.

Enjoy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.