main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Hotel Confirmation

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Princessa, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princessa

Princessa Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Yea! I just received an official confirmation from the Downtown Marriott, it came by email just now. I noticed that it only guaranted my reservation until 6pm. So, those of you who are arriving late, may want to call them with your credit card info to hold the room for a late arrival.

Now it does seems real!

2. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I am now officially confirmed for the Westin. I called them for details on the room... 234 square feet (the girl on the phone called this an "oversized" standard guest room), two double "Heavenly Beds" (whatever that means), dual phone lines with data port and data desk... and "Contemporary Elegance" -- we shared a laugh on this. [face_laugh]

3. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I stayed in a Westin in Key Largo with 'Heavenly Beds'. The name perfectly describes it because you'll think you're in heaven. You will sleep very well.

It's like sleeping on a cloud. The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. A great mattress and the most plush, fluffy comforter you can imagine.

4. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    With all this talk I figured I better at least call to confirm, and now I even got a nifty confirmation number. I was very surprised with the Westin reservation person, she was actually helpful and nice!

I cant wait to get a load of this "Heavenly Bed" everyone is talking about!

5. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I hope they have 'em at the Omni... [face_plain]

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I am staying at the Courtyard by Mariott and was also able to call and confirm, and get a confirmation #.

7. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, neither Wizard's nor my hotel had the reservation. As I type this, I am waiting for Wizard's to get back to me. The girl I spoke with on the phone had no record of my reservations at the CII Hotel Reservation Desk. I would recommend highly that everyone double check. You never know what can happen. Luckily I saved my email confirmation on the room when I made the reservation.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Double-check? Man, I've triple-check my reservations. And I'll probably do it again.

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I hope my Day's Inn has Heavenly Beds. But I doubt it :(

10. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I'm staying at Embassy Suites downtown and confirmed my reservations on the phone. :)

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    My wife confirmed that I won't be kicked out of the house during Celebration weekend. Woo-hoo! No guarantees for the Monday after though. :p :D

12. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hmmm! Thanks for the heads up! I will get he who made the reservation for our group to call and confirm.

13. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I have heard of others having a similar problem. Found out from Wizard's that even though I have an order number and my credit card was charged the deposit, the reservation was somehow "lost by computer glich". WotC is trying to get me my room back (it was a suite), but I may have to stay in a double. We are sharing the room with other folks, so privacy would have been good. But a double would be cheaper. Wizard's was supposed to get back with me today with the Marriott's availability. It's 8:30 Eastern time and still no word. Guess I have to wait now until Monday. So I say to everyone: double check, triple check, quadruple check your reservations. Do you really want to sleep in the streets at night? Sure, the event probably won't alot much sleep, but it sure is nice to have a place to put your collectibles and shower real quick ;)

14. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I've already checked on my reservations twice and intend to check at least 2 more times before I leave..
    I was fortunate enough to speak to someone who was very helpful, and NICE...

15. AlderaanOnline

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah, I've checked my hotel confirmation a few times since I made it. A couple days ago. So far so good.

I won't feel comfortable until I have the room key in my hand though. I'm still paranoid I'll get to the front desk and I'll have no room because of some human/computer error. That would suck!

16. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    It's a magnetic key that can be demagnetized or recoded by the front desk- don't feel comfortable until you're in the room with the deadbolt engaged. Eternal vigilance is the price of hospitality. [face_mischief]

17. AlderaanOnline

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah, I know it's not a real 'metal key'.

18. Vicfett

Vicfett Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Since last week, Friday the 19th, I have been trying to confirm my reservation. When I finally got through to someone I found that my room was reserved, FOR ONLY ONE NIGHT. I reserved the room for the whole weekend and they messed up my reservation. I have left countless of messages on WoTC's voicemail and I have not received any call back. I think this sucks because now I am struggling to find a hotel room for the weekend. Anyone else have this problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.