main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Yes, 'tis true. They distract us with nothing but the first few minutes of the film. Holding up bright shiny objects to keep us hypnotized.

And I will say, for all the crap we give that scene, it does sound like it will be great.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think the quality of Hyperspace updates has REALLY gone downhill. BTHs generally aren't quite as good anymore, there's no Set Diaries b/c no shooting, not enough VFX updates, the AoR are okay, and the Knollvisions buh-low.

Note the ponytail on Anakin? Obviously pretty early concept art. ;)

You will be happy they are holding back when you see ROTS in all its goodness May 19th.

3. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    new BTH. Chewbacca and Tarrful with Yoda on Kashyyyk at night. The CGI looks fantastic!

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yeah, that's definitely a sweet pic. Nice new environment... ah Star Wars. ;)

5. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yeah very nice ...

is that a little spaceship that Yoda is standing next to?

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Or an outhouse? [face_laugh]

7. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    New Art of Revenge...

Mygeeto? Crystalline ice world? Worms?!

Is this one of the new planets?

Ack!

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I would assume so. They seem to point out when they are just using a concept, so I would bet it probably appears in ROTS. Especially since it's named.

9. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Sweet. :cool: But where in the heck does it fit in... this is a crazy lot of planets to juggle.

10. dav305z

dav305z Jedi Master star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Oh, I would have no fear about the quality of CG in this movie. When it comes out we will have no idea what's real or no.

It's nice to see real sets now though, because it's either that or look at a green screen and imagine

I would agree - it'll look spectacular. I am honestly a bit worried though about how this will affect the actors. When you think that the actors have to stand in front of a green screen and act out a dramatic scene on say, Coruscant, they are being asked to do a lot with little information. It makes it much harder for them to get a feel for the scene.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    dav305z posted on 2/10/05 1:50pm
    [i]Oh, I would have no fear about the quality of CG in this movie. When it comes out we will have no idea what's real or no.

It's nice to see real sets now though, because it's either that or look at a green screen and imagine[/i]

I would agree - it'll look spectacular. I am honestly a bit worried though about how this will affect the actors. When you think that the actors have to stand in front of a green screen and act out a dramatic scene on say, Coruscant, they are being asked to do a lot with little information. It makes it much harder for them to get a feel for the scene.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I [i]just[/i] saw a leaked picture of Obi-Wan and Yoda that will alleviate your concerns. Not only is Yoda the best CG I have ever seen, but Obi-Wan really seems to be emoting in the scene. And it's only a still.[face_grin]

12. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    [face_batting] could I get a pm of that pic pretty please?

13. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I just saw a pic in the EU section of the OS. It looks like its supposed to be Grievous, but, its a collection of concept art, and it sure looks like it could be Anakin.

Just a top half of a body, suspended in a... bacta tank (?). Head wrapped in bandages, legs and bottom of torso gone, forearms missing, but not the upperarm. From what Ive seen of Grievous, he's just about all robot except for his head and some torso.

Just saw it, thought it was cool (whether its Grievous or Anakin) thought I'd share. I dont think its actually hyperspace, but it is in the EU section. I think the article is called "Visionaries".

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, it could be cool - SW: Visionaries. It's definitely not canon, though.

I interpreted the body as Anakin.

The Knollvision today made my day, after its absence last week. :rolleyes:

More squares and green.

Although I will admit The Duel is sounding more and more interesting. I think there's going to be a lot more to it than we've been shown in the trailer, webdocs, et cetera.

15. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    The one that I find interesting is the drawing with Grievious on Utapau with all the confederation ships taking off. It looks like you can see Padme in the lower right. If something like that still exists in the movie, could it be that Grievious captures her at some point?

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Interesting, I never noticed that.

There's also the pic of some Jedi riding a giant lizard with what looks like a red lightsaber.

This could be Anakin - imagine if Anakin was sent to Utapau to kill Grievous instead of Obi-Wan.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Another Knollvision - I thought they retired it last week because we all hate it, but this week we get two.

This one is Palpatine's Senate pod thingie.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    haha... "because we all hate it".... :p

Yeah, but the Senate pod thingy isn't really that exciting... and we're not that hard to please.

19. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    there is a new gallery up at the O.S., but for some reason it is only letting me view the first pic (an Anakin promo)

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Not me! 45 pics of goodness!

Cool pic of Palpatine standing amongst the gold (Sith?) statues in his office.

Wow! Anakin sure looks different than AOTC - looks very intense in this promo pic of him on the Tantive IV.

Awesome shot of the "TIE" Jedi fighters in the OSB.

An amazing pic of a disturbed Padme and Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan and Anakin, taking care of battle droids.

Anakin, looking TICKED OFF in Palpatine's office.

ha ha - TF guard lying down on the job.

- cool pic of Nute looking freaked out.

- really sweet pic of one of Grievous' IG-100 MagnaGuards on Utapau - great CG.

- most of the pics are between takes or promo shots, but still fun.

21. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    :mad: I REALLY want to see these!

22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Is it just me or does Anakin's robes look alot like Luke's from rotj

23. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    :D Okay now I've seen them and they are so dang awesome! Anakin does a lot of glaring in this movie... and I love it! That one duel pic of Anakin is incredible, and the Obi-wan and Padme pics are heartbreaking. Hyperspace has been great lately, at the best part is that it is only going to get better!

24. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    how did you get to view them? I can't get past the first pic of anakin!

25. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh. My. God.

:eek:

I would have paid the Hyperspace fee for these alone. You know this means we can't complain, for at least a month. :p

Awesome Vader shadow pic.

Are those the Death Star plans in the background of 41?

I have to concentrate to breathe when looking at Anakin in 37. And it's just a promo pic!!

Anakin's hair is SO 70's-tastic sometimes. :p

The opening space battle is going to be sooo worth it. And the ObiAniDooku duel is going to FAR surpass that of AOTC. :D

I wonder what Anakin in 23 with the sparks is all about. Cool shot.

Sad, worried Padme... I think there's more emotion in that one shot than in all of AOTC.

I love Palpy's costumes. [face_devil]

Somehow I wasn't expecting Anakin to be on the Tantiv IV, much less have that look. :cool:

Padme's (cinnamon bun) blue outfit is fantastic.

I now have doubt doubt that George and Rick love us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.