main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    It's times like this I wish there were more than a handful of we Hyperspace people. Dustin and I can only amuse each other for so long... :p

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Picture 44 - what the HECK is that thing!? :eek: :confused: [face_worried]

Other than that one, many of these pictures were really great! Though, I could have done without all of the promotional pics. The pictures from the actual film were great, though. I especially liked the look on Palpatine's face as Anakin and Dooku were fighting. He looked like a little kid watching his very first baseball game! :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

3. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Promotional pics? I'll take what I can get!

Pic 44 is one of Grievous' IG-100 MagnaGuards. :cool:

4. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Oh, okay. That makes a bit of sense. Those are the guys that Obi-Wan has a tussle with, right?

too windy for spoilers!

5. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Indeed... on Utapau I believe. Obi-Wan is going to be kicking some serious mechanical butt.

6. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I had no idea that we knew what they looked like. Had their been any drawings or BTH images. I usually am pretty good at keeping up with those things, but that picture today really caught me off-guard. I hadn't remembered seeing anything like it before.

too windy for spoilers!

7. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I remember hearing about them... they have staffs that are impervious to lightsabers, right? But I don't off the top of my head remember seeing a drawing of them, though there could have been an Art of Revenge that I don't remember.

8. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Correct. I knew about there existance and I knew about the staffs. You were just so quick to identify the picture that I had assumed that I had missed some previous image somewhere along the line.

too windy for spoilers!

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We saw them in the old Making of Grievous webdoc, and they appeared with Grievous in his OS "mug shot", the first totally completed Grievous shot we had access to.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/img/movie_bg.jpg]

EDIT: I saw a hi-res shot of that MagnaGuard pic, and the OS version doesn't do the fantastic CG justice.

10. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Good. Because I was left very unimpressed by the shot as seen on the OS.

too windy for spoilers!

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm still here in Hyperspace, too, RS77, though I am in the throes of Star Wars Doubt and have stopped posting lately.

(someone please save me...bring me back from the Dark Side of doubt...)

12. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    How can you have doubt before the movie comes out? Get excited about it!

Think about this way:

Lets just say you are right, you don't quite think that the movie will live up to the hype and it doesn't. You are unhappy for the next few months and then you are unhappy after the film is relesed. This is the worst case senerio.

What, though, if you are wrong. Say you abandon us now and don't enjoy the ride from now until May. After you see Episode III, and it blows you away, then along with being sad that Star Wars is all over, you will be dissapointed that you didn't enjoy the ride fully while it lasted.

Best case senerio, though, features you staying on with us. You are enjoying your ride and soak up all of the new information until the movie is released. Then the movie comes out. Yes! It exceeds your expectations! You are happy that the movie is so great and you are happy that the ride lasted as long as it did. It was a good run.

Two of those senerios are bleak, but one could be very, very great and worthwhile! So, stay, won't you? :)

too windy for spoilers!

13. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    And with a BTH likle tonights how can one doubt? Poor Padme!

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I can put it to you this way:

I have read a full description of the Ani/Obi/Dooku duel, and I was blown away, even by the dialogue.

Obviously I'm not going to talk about it here, but you won't be disappointed.

In fact, I've seen stuff in the past couple of days that has been excellent, so much that I'm regretting reading/seeing it.

This movie will UNDOUBTEDLY be the best prequel movie and has a chance of being the greatest of all the SW movies...even greater than ESB...

Lucas nails everything: the OSB, the resolution to the Dooku arc, Palpatine's triumph, Anakin's fall into evil and madness, Obi-Wan's heroism in the face of no hope, Yoda's despair, the rise of the Empire, the birth of the twins.

storm - wait until March 11th to decide for sure - from what I've been seeing, and what I've read about the full trailer, if it doesn't get your blood up for ROTS, nothing will.

I have read some leaked dialogue, and it will not disappoint.

If part of my job as 3NS moderator is to keep you guys hyped for ROTS, then so be it. :D

I will try to assuage any of your fears, just let me know.

15. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Here's my fear: the expectations on this film are reaching the unrealistic level of pre-TPM expectations.

Garth said: "This movie will UNDOUBTEDLY be the best prequel movie and has a chance of being the greatest of all the SW movies...even greater than ESB..."

That is a HUGE statement, and I think the same trap many (me included) fell into in 1999. I've been a loyal and faithful and at times obsessed Star Wars fan since day 1 in 1977. While I have at times questioned my faith during this PT period, I am by no means a basher and in fact defend the hell out of Star Wars whenever I can to Non-Believers. I do enjoy the healthy debate on this board, but I feel a growing groundswell of blind acceptance that this movie will be something more than perhaps it ever possibly could. I think it will be effective and fun and entertaining and emotional, but like Anakin Skywalker himself it will have some glaring and grating flaws.

I still remember walking out of the theater in 1983 after watching ROTJ, and feeling a little let down, because the build up could never match the expectations. The film had some unbelievable moments, the best of any of the 5 films so far, but also had moments that irritated the crap out of me, and still do. And most of all, Star Wars was over forever, and I felt a little weird about it. I'm guessing that I am one of the few in here who can actually remember when Star Wars died the first time (though I was pretty young at the time), and it was a strange feeling.

Sorry to ramble here, I'm just trying to figure out where my head is on this stuff. And you fine folks are obviously the best sounding board for that. Rather than inciting a bash/gush firestorm here, I'd love to hear people's rational thoughts on any of this. I don't think I've ever lost faith in Star Wars in the 28 years since it came out, until the last few weeks, and this obviously puzzles me greatly.

16. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Tonights BTH shows us once again Natalie is going to nail kind, beautiful but sad

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Actually, Jedi Knight Pozzi shares your feelings, storm = he hasn't been that excited about seeing ROTS, even after the trailer.

But let me put it this way:

I know how the OSB ends. I know how the Ani/Obi/Dooku arc is resolved. I know how Anakin turns (mostly). I know how Palpatine is revealed. I know how Mace dies. I know how the twins are born (mostly). I know how Grievous goes out and how good he looks. I know other things I can't really mention here.

From the confirmed lines of dialogue I've seen, from leaked spoiler pics, from descriptions of certain scenes, it really seems like THIS is the movie Lucas has been wanting to make for 20 years.

Anakin has come into his own. Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master. Palpatine's revenge is complete.

The CG will be the best you've ever seen. The emotions are extreme, and the locations are breathtaking.

Plus, Chewie's in it. :D

EDIT: I would rather not know as much as I do now, but as I've said before, that comes with the territory. But the more I know, the lesser my doubts become.

But believe me, the non-spoiled will be blown away, and the torture will be worth it.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Listen to Dustin you must. Hope remains until you turn this into a self-fulfilling prophecy... which you are in grave danger of doing.

Cool BTH. We rarely get anything of Padme. From the photos I've seen, in this movie there's going to be more emotion than all of the other movies combined.

19. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Good lord, that is the most boring KnollVision ever. Not even an interesting caption.

Neat AoR, though. Since this is just going to be part of a montage, I guess we're not going to get to see much of these planets, but it is neat that they're designing them so intricately and imaginatively despite that.

20. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    There's one thing interesting about the caption. I don't remember us ever hearing about Plo Koon flying a Jedi Starfighter. I wonder what he does during the space battle?

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Hmmm...IIRC, it's just Obi-Wan and Anakin during the OSB, so we must see Plo Koon during the Clone Wars montage. Hopefully he'll get at least ONE line of dialogue.

Let's be honest, that is actually the most important moment in ROTS. 8-}

Worst.Knollvision.Ever. I can't even believe how bad that is. Hey, everyone is crowded around a plastic cone! And there's a bright light taking up half the photo! Hooray!

Hmmm...that AoR doesn't match well with Luceno's description of Cato in Labyrinth of Evil, if memory serves.

Seems fairly similar to Utapau, but would still be cool to see onscreen. :D

22. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmmm...that AoR doesn't match well with Luceno's description of Cato in Labyrinth of Evil, if memory serves.

The part where the LoE sequences take place is Gunray's villa, and the rest of the planet isn't described very much. I remember it mentioning rock arches, and I might be misremembering, but I think it says something about the cities being built around or on them (and I never noticed it before, but in the last Cato Neimoidia AoR, you can see a couple cities hanging in the background).

This AoR was done in June 04, so I would think if it's a final version Luceno would have had plenty of time to make the description fit.

23. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Apparently Plo Koon's dialog is a hot topic in JTF:

Plo Koon will have a brief appearance in Episode III, but the script requires very specific actions for him. - OS

Plo Koon and other Jedi will fly Jedi Starfighters. - OS

Plo does have scripted dialogue in Episode III, but there is no guarantee that it'll remain in the finished film. - OS

In the script, some of the non-main Jedi have dialogue, even Plo Koon. But it remains to be seen whether their lines will make the final cut of the film. -PH

Plo Koon had (or still has) a scripted line of dialogue, and Shaak Ti may not have any. - PH

And I'm trying to be optimistic about the Knollvisions but damn, that last one was totally lame. They tried to make it sound better by dropping Hayden's name, but you couldn't even really see him. AoR was definitely cool. I'm really interested to see how all these sketches translate to the final film.

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Ah, an interesting BTH: Uneasy Homecoming.

The Tantive IV coming back to Coruscant with Obi-Wan, Yoda and Bail Organa all together on the bridge.

I wonder at what point of the film this is?

25. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Yes indeed... interesting group of people.

And we know that at some point Anakin, and the droids, will be on it as well. Whether they're all on there at the same time, I don't know.

Hmm... what could they possibly be doing? We know that Obi-Wan goes to Utapau, and Yoda to Kashyyyk... wonder how this fits in. Who's Padme with when this happens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.