main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official 'I Just Watched Episode III, And I *Need* To Talk About It' Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Wasnt that cool Padawan lucas's son? (when Organa visits the temple?)

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yes indeedy it was!

Mon Mothma is also is in the scene where Anakin is greeted by the senators. Not really an egg, but cool.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    And don't forget Anthony Daniels making another appearance as Lt. Faytonni (in a really big hat) at the opera house.

Where is the 1138??? Has anyone spotted it yet?

I went to see ROTS again last night (Thurs). And despite my best intentions, I still cried. I still hoped Ani would make another choice when Mace had Palpy pinned down. I still silently begged Obi and Ani to stop fighting at the end. Sigh.

My two credits on the Leia remember's her mom line. Yes, I think she is refereing to Bhrea (is that how you spell the Queen's name?) After all, Luke asks about remember her mom before he reveals that their siblings. Did Leia know she was adopted?

And when are Luke and Leia going to find out about Padme?? Its so ridiculous that Luke knew his dad's occupation (navigator on a spice freighter. Okay, not his real one) but not even his mom's name. (although I think it was Zero who suggested that perhaps the Lars didn't know, either. Obi might not have told them.) Now that its all over, I would so love at least one of the books to finally have them find out about her.

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Star Wars.com has posted more Easter Eggs to look for.
    Among them, confirmation from Lucas himself that that ship is indeed the Falcon!

1138 is the number of Clone Commander Bacara who is with Ki-Adi Mundi on Mygeeto. (source: Ep3 Scrapbook) I actually asked Rick @ C3 if there was an 1138 ref and he said no :( They had plenty of time in the first 20 minutes when the were rattling off doors to open and such!

The novel Tatooine Ghot has Leia finding out a little bit about Shmi. And you know, it's never mentioned definatively in the films that Leia was adopted.

5. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    The Lars knew Padme briefly but they knew her. They may not have known that she was the mother but she was there w/ Anakin the laqst time he was home so I'd imagine they could put 2and 2 together and come out w/ mom=Padme.

6. edog37

edog37 Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2005
    off to see ROTS for the second time...it will be much easier now to see all the stuff I missed the first time around...

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Yeah, Padme was hanging out with the Lars while Ani was off slaughtering Tuskens. But that was three years or so before Obi shows up with baby Luke. Lots of girlfriends can come and go in three years. And they weren't even officially dating (did the Lars even know they were 'together'? After all, it comes after the scene where Ani and Padme say they can't get romantically involved because of their committments to their careers.)

Tatooine Ghost was an excellent novel. When, oh when, will Luke and Leia find out about their mom??? Its always driven me crazy that Luke was so obessive about his dad and never asked about his mom. If the Lars didn't know, there was Obi-Wan and Yoda. Why didn't he ask them? Grrrrrrr.

8. edog37

edog37 Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2005
    excellent question greencat. From Tatooine Ghost, it appears that mother is Leia's specialty. Of course, Luke does ask Leia this in ROTJ, but there appears to be enough controversy regarding that in these boards.

It was cool seeing it again, I could get past the so-so acting & horrible dialogue & enjoy it for what it is...came home & flipped through ESB & it does add a dimension to Vader...

9. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

South Side Works = "Liberty."

Going to see Spaceballs soon,
    Yours Truly

10. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Oh. My. God. It just blew me away. I started crying when Mace was killed and just kept on until the end.

The only problems I had were technical-some of the jump cuts were too abrupt (like when Obi-Wan was on Utapau, and he's in his fighter giving a message, then all of a sudden he's on the ground with his hood up), Palpatine's make up looked rather comical, and I wished they had left some of the cut scenes in.

But other than that...wow. Just...wow.

11. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Moraine Point Plaza (Butler County) - Liberty.

I wish the digital Artoo would have looked a bit more stilted like the real one so it makes sense when you look at Episode 4 after Episode 3.

The "prequel" concept appears to be difficult for some casual fans to wrap their minds around. Went last night with two co-workers. We got to the end and one said something like, "Well, they've got the twins, so they've left it open for another movie." I said, "But the next part happened in 1977." :confused:

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So the future acutally happened in the past. Isn't time travel fun! :)

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Went for my third showing of ROTS. Here's some more stuff that occured to me . . .

Obi is using his ANH saber not his TPM/AOTC saber (yeah, I may be noticing this a little late, but I was caught up in other things) When and why did he make the switch to the new handle?

Indian Jones moment. When Obi jumps down to confront Grievous and his many many droids, the bodyguard droids advance on him. Instead of a big fight, he just pulls that hunk of metal down on them (shades of Indy just shooting the swordsman instead of fighting him with the whip.)

When Palpy is telling Ani about Plageus' death, he gets this little half smile. I almost expect him to say "Good times, good times"

Palpy is, in genral, a very cheerful guy. Always laughing, making little jokes, smiling. He really does enjoy his work, doesn't he.

Someone asked me how could Palpy take out three of the Jedi's top masters in about 30 seconds. I had said it was the element of surprise, but watching the film I got to thinking. He was the one that trained Maul, even if Maul perfected his skills against droids, Maul still had to learn the basics from someone.

14. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    (Geez, I can't type today!)

Ewan not only used the ANH lightsaber, but he's adapted more of Alec Guiness' Obi-mannerisms and phrases - stroking and playing with his beard and the way he said, "Hello there" when he dropped in on Grevious and company.

I think that even if Anakin had not burst into the room with Mace and Palpy, Palpy would have won. He knew that if Anakin saw him kill Mace outright, it would sway Anakin to ally with the Jedi, so he made himself look helpless and weak. Even Yoda couldn't defeat him.

I do think the other Jedi as a group should have been able to hold off Palpy a little longer, but Lucas wanted to get to the real duel.

I have also found that I can't take my eyes off Ian McDiarmid whenever he's in a scene. He's so good at playing evil that it's captivating. His ability to take me in makes Anakin's fall more believable.

15. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    as for the obi's new saber i have a theory, if you notice anakin's saber always had a little box on it...no one else in the prequels had that until episode 3 obi-wan's saber has it now too.

Anakin being the inventive genius that he is may have come up with something in saber design that no one else had so obi-wan took the idea and thus his design changed.

16. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    About Obi-Wan's new saber, he lost his old one in ATOC, so isn't it possible that he just decided it was time to change his saber's style?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.