Official Indiana Jones 4 Photo Thread - Empire Magazine Images

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    I was never too worried.. he's about the same age Connery was when he did The Rock and Connery was quite the action hero in that.
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Totally agree with you. I was really taken by surprise when I first saw the image. He looks really great. I think those people who were worried about his age can finally rest easy now. Indy's back! ;)
  3. Wizewan Jedi Knight

I see the Grails effects haven't worn off yet.:cool:

This movie is going to be brillant.
  4. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
    This is already my favourite film of 2008. I was thinking before i saw this pic, "hmm, he's going to be a little old, with grey hair, he's going to be really different but just similar enough to remind me of how young he used to be."

I saw the picture.

I was right.

But god dammit this is so exciting! It's Indiana Jones! This film will be the best of 08, and even if it's the worst film ever made, it's going to be impossible for me to not like it.

PS, apologies for the gushing, but i mean, come on!
  5. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  6. Lavaman Jedi Master

star 4

No, Harrison looks awesome!

The man is 64! How many 64 year olds, including actors, have you seen that look this good! Harrison may be older, but the fact is, he is in better shape than a lot of people in their 20's and 30's.[face_plain]

Harrison Ford is still the man![face_cowboy]
  7. marathonjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    The first thing i thought when i saw the picture was he looked a lot better then i thought he would.his last few films showed his age big time.He must have workes out like a madman,and had some botox shots.I can't wait.
  8. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    That's just too awesome... He looks great :D.

I love the blood stain on his knee... Looks like he's already been in a few scrapes :p.

I have titled that picture...

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."
  9. Palpateen Jedi Master

star 4
  10. BigBoy29 Jedi Master

star 3
    My comment that said he looks bored and worn-out don't reflect his age.

I just think the picture may hint at his mindset during the shoot of this film.

It's the kind of pic I would expect to see of Harrison on-set of ROTJ.

Just bored and worn out. Anybody have a on-set Harrison pic at Raiders or ESB to counter/affirm my view?
  11. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    From the front page of TheRaider.net

[image=http://www.theraider.net/navigation/latest_feature/indy2007.jpg]
  12. BigBoy29 Jedi Master

star 3
    Very nice Gobi. I stand countered by that 1981 Raiders Pic.

By that comparison, Harrison should be ready to rock for his scenes baby!
  13. Pabawan LFL Author & Artist

VIP
    star 1

I'm not so sure psychoanalyzing a posed still is very productive. I remember when the first Episode III production photo of the principals sitting around with George and Rick was posted on starwars.com. Almost immediately, there were comments dissecting the body language, particularly the way Ewan McGregor seemed so aloof, seated separately from everyone, and not looking at the others. What did that bode for the movie? Should we be worried?

Then, the next day, the story came out that the photo was posed to match a 1979 production still from the set of Empire Strikes Back.

ph
  14. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    They should also have done a comparison shot for Last Crusade (1989), as that's a good eight years later.
  15. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

Agreed...one of my favorite pics was George Lucas at Dexter's directing from the floor, leaning against the counter. Obviously it was framed to look like the still from American Graffiti.

I really dig the comparison shot so kudos to theraider!
  16. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    That side by side is great :D... Hate to get in a habit of naming these, but I call that one "The more things change, the more they stay the same."
  17. younghansolo Force Ghost

star 3
    anyone notice the stick by the side of harrison? it has Gimp written on it. "A gimp stick" i didnt know they existed!
  18. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Actually the stick says "Grip." Must be something used by the grips on set.
  19. younghansolo Force Ghost

star 3
    ahh man you ruined the illusion lol!
  20. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

My comment that said he looks bored and worn-out don't reflect his age.

It's the kind of pic I would expect to see of Harrison on-set of ROTJ.

Just bored and worn out. Anybody have a on-set Harrison pic at Raiders or ESB to counter/affirm my view?

You are reading a LOT into a single snapshot. Maybe it was taken at the end of
    a shooting day and he was tired. I didn't get "bored" or "wornout" from it.

They haven't even been shooting a week, ONE photograph is released and it
    "may hint at his mindset during the shoot of this film." God Almighty. :rolleyes:
    He's been expressing nothing but enthusiasm for the project for over a decade, about how
    excited he was to get it going. Nothing negative whatsoever.

He just looks "in character" to me. And I'm happy to see him. :) =D=
  21. Lavaman Jedi Master

star 4

The fact that the pic on the right was taken 26 years before the one on the left, just shows further proof that Harrison Ford still has it.

To any naysayers; at least Harrison Ford doesn't take steroids, like some other actors to stay young looking.[face_plain] Just a hard workout regiment.;)

22. Darth_Sidious- Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm still struck in awe.
  23. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  24. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting photos, but I have to wonder what the 20th Century Fox trailer is doing there.
  25. DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Master

star 4
    He's chilling. Since when is that a bad thing? ;)

As it's been mentioned, Harrison is and HAS been pumped to do this movie for the longest.

I was glad when he stated if the movie didn't get rolling soon they should forget about it ever happening -- it seems to have helped because not long after that the script was approved and here we are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.