Official Indiana Jones 4 Photo Thread - Empire Magazine Images

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting pics of the motorcycle action. I wonder when those take place in the film. I'm guessing near the beginning but I could be wrong.
  2. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    I think they are after the opening set piece like Raiders and Crusade were.
  3. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Looking at Shia there you can see that there's a lot of young George Lucas in his character... Lucas went through a simliar rebel/greaser phase as a teen.
  4. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed...that and James Dean I am sure has a big influence on his character.
  5. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Had Lucas not had a near fatal car crash in High School he probably would have become a race car driver instead of a film director.
  6. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything about this film is completely the opposite of what i expected and completely, totally and utterly perfect.
  7. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah the wreck was pretty hairy. I read once that he used that as an opportunity to reinforce the car with rollbars and mess with the aerodynamics.
  8. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Actually his car already had a roll bar and a heavy duty seatbelt. The seatbelt snapped and threw him from the car which wrapped itself around a tree. I was going back through "The Cinema of George Lucas" by Marcus Hearne and a teenaged Lucas was into motorcycles before he got into hot rods. Shia LaBeouf's character appeares to be drawn straight from Lucas' past.
  9. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah...see I wasn't sure ifit was true or not. I read a 40 page book back when I was in junior high nd it said that, but it has gotten other things wrong in the past too so I wasn't sure. I really need to pick up "The Cinema of George Lucas". It's for sale at the Indiana Jones store in MGM. I'll pick it up soon.

I do know that all the main guy characters in American Graffiti (other than Ron Howard's) were based on Lucas at some point in his life. That's why I am not worried about "Mutt" being a Fonz clone. I think an educated John Milner is mostlikely a good comparison.
  10. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I haven't read "The cinema of George Lucas", but I have read two other Lucas biographies, "Skywalking: The life and films of George Lucas" & "Mythmaker".

"Skywalking" was released at the same time as "Return of the Jedi", so it's dated. If I recall, it's "Semi-authorized" in that the author was allowed to shadow Lucas and interviewed him as well as other people close to him. Because of that it heaps on the praise a little, but it's interesting.

"Mythmaker" came out just after "The Phantom Menace" and it has a more adversarial tone (Not just that it shows Lucas' warts, but the tone at least IMHO was a bit adversarial). I got the sense that the author came away not liking Lucas, or maybe went in not liking him. It covers a lot of the same beats as "Skywalking" but is more up to date and a bit more juicy.

I'm sure someone here knows more about them than I do, and I bet they both contain factual errors, but I'd say they're worth reading and both are probably available at your local library :D.
  11. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  12. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for the heads up!

You know Indy's in Prof. mode when he's rockin' the bow tie. <---- Not sure if that's a spoiler, but just to be safe :p.
  13. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm suddenly reminded of that movie Harrison did with Henry Winkler(The Fonz) in 1977, Heroes!
  14. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  15. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I was just coming over here to post this link, glad to see it's already here.
  17. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Indiana Jones Filming at Essex Steam Train Station

From the Unofficial Indiana Jones Movie Blog

Chugging to Indiana?s next 1950?s transformation
    July 5th, 2007, posted by FofR

A couple of days ago our tipster Glen revealed that shooting would be taking place at Essex Train Station. Today Keith W reports back to us with a gallery of impressive images:

I thought you might like to have some pictures of the Essex Steam Train location that was rumored to have been transformed into the ?Bedford Station?. Well, I went down there today and it looks as though tomorrow (July 5th) is the big day! Lots of 50?s gear to look at and there were already some Genre security in place.

One of the neat things we saw was the way they covered up the installed AC unit with mountain laurel bushes, also the generators for the power to the train were enclosed to look like crates on the back of the train. We also saw a car that was rigged up to be towed by another vehicle? possible close ups?

==========================

More photos can be found HERE.

Thanks to Dr.Sartorius for posting the links./>
  18. DrSartorius Jedi Knight

star 1
    New train station set photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v16/tetrawhip/NEW%20HAVEN%20INDY%204/Train%20Station/?start=0
  19. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I love old steam engine trains. Those yellow taxi cabs are cool as well. Looks like Indy and Shia LaBeouf's character makes an escape from Marshall College and catch a train at the station.
  20. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I love Shia's 50s hair. Rad. And Prof. Jones makes me very happy. He reminds me of my Hebrew professor (who I once caught crawling out a window after a lecture!).

-sj loves kevin spacey
  21. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  22. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I wonder if this film will encapsulate the 1950s the same way Catch Me if You Can encapsulated the '60s and Munich ancapsulated the '70s.
  23. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've just realized that Spielberg has directed at least one film set in every decade from the 1930s on.

1930s - Raiders of the Lost Ark
    1940s - 1941
    1950s - Indiana Jones 4
    1960s - Catch Me If You Can
    1970s - Munich
    1980s - E.T.
    1990s - Jurassic Park
    2000s - The Terminal

Not counting films that go further back, The Color Purple, or those set in the future, Minority Report.
  24. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Looks very promising except for Harrison in his professor get up, the only picture so far he looks old in.

Shia's character some what worries me simply because I hope they don't use him as a complete comic sidekick.

EDIT:Wow today's Harrison's birthday talk about nice surprise
  25. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't The Color Purple set around the twenties?

In which case you can extend that even further hehe. Wow. Spielberg's the man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.