main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 'Indiana Jones on DVD' Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by eclipseSD, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Does anyone else notice, that on the first link to the 'Raw DVD Box Art' posted by eclipse... Lucas has no wrist, and he is doing Spock's "Live long and prosper" thing...

All you need is love!

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    All the Indy movies are good for diffrent reasons. I cant wait to get the DVD's

3. Clonetrooper_Bob

Clonetrooper_Bob Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2001
    Cool.

I was looking for a thread where I could talk about other Lucas projects aside from SW, and here it is. When I'm not out blasting Jedi into itty bitty pieces, I enjoy watching movies. It will be so cool (and so expensive - *choke, hack, cough* at prices of DVD trilogies) to finally see Indy all digitally restored and with lots of cool extras. I've never owned any of the movies, so to have them available on DVD soon and a fourth one on the way for 2005, this Clonetrooper is very happy (well, not happy, but maybe Indiana Jones will eventually cheer me up).

That is all for now.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Interesting report on TFN news;

theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#20656

From what I?ve gathered from other internet news sources, Lucasfilm is doing a major overhaul to the original films in terms of image quality. But what I know hasn?t been seen on the net yet. Basically what you need to know is that the movies will be interactive ? it wont be mandatory during film viewing, but you will have the option of learning more about the people and places depicted in various scenes. For instance, when Indy is in Cairo, you can stop to learn more about Northern Africa during the 1930s.
    And I?ve also read rumors on other news sites that the DVDs wont be released as a trilogy, but one at a time over the next three years, with Raiders set to be released by Christmas 2003. I know the only "information stops" that have been worked on so far are related solely to places Indy went in Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I would presume that this release schedule is correct.

:eek:

5. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    What the......?

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I read something similar that was being planned for the Young Indy DVDs.

Would never have thought it would have made the movies.

Gonna love when they explain all the Historical Inaccuracies. [face_mischief]

7. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well as far as the films I don't care too much, after all they are semi-fantasy and done in the spirit of the serials. It does have some stuff inspired on the eral thing. On the other hand the Young Indy series was much more accurate.

They are still much better than some films that try to portray historical events cough Peal Harbor ... cough Windtalkers ... cough cough.

8. eclipseSD

May 11, 2002
    Pearl Harbor

**cringes**

Look to Tora Tora Tora my friend.

9. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    I know, Even before the film opened I was trying to tell everyone to see Tora Tora Tora so they could see what a good war movie is. Such a waste of superb VFX. Maybe someone should do a "phantom edit", put in some of ILM's work into Tora Tora Tora.

10. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Lets hope Lucas does a Audio Commentary on the DVD's or I will be very upset!

11. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001

ww.theindyexperience.com

Indy DVD Status! -

04-24-03 - Posted by Aaron

Our contacts within Lucasfilm have informed us of a few interesting facts about the Indiana Jones DVD. There's good news, and then there's some bad news, but I can say for sure, progress with the DVDs is moving a long nicely. First off some facts we can confirm:

Laurent Bouzerau is currently working on the Making of Specials: He was in London a month ago doing an interview with Vic Armstrong (Last we heard, he would be doing a commentary) as well as Spielberg, Ford, and some other stunt men.

David West Reynolds is working on other Bonus features for the DVDs.

All Three Films have been Digitally remastered: Previous Rumors have been stating that some of the film's glitches and minor bloopers have been fixed for the release).

Current release date for the DVDs is November: Just in time for Thanksgiving. Current status is, the DVDs will be released all at once this November in a box set. Then, in 2004, according to our sources, the DVDs will be released individually.

Now for some bad news....

As far as we know, there will be no Deleted Scenes on the DVD this time around.

But some redeeming Good news:

There will be a special edition After Indy IV!

COOL!!!!

12. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well I wouldn't mind if Lucas didn't do any audio commentary. On the other hand Spielberg hardly ever does commentary or appear in interview documentaries for his films, so if they are geting him, should be great.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I guess I'm going to have to find out what the Special Edition entails before I plonk down money for the first DVD releases.

Seems crazy to do a regular edition of a 20 year old movie, and then release a Special Edition 3 years later.

I guess the marketing guys have it all figured out though...

But what *I* would have done ;) is delayed the release of the Indy DVDs until about 6 months before Indy 4 (with the "Special Edition" scenes included), and used them as promotional buildup for the new movie, with sneak previews & the like.

// shrugs shoulders //

14. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Besides the word Special Edition has litle meaning nowadays. Now any movie that has any extras, no matter how paltry and poor they are is called a special edition.

15. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    "But some redeeming Good news:

There will be a special edition After Indy IV!

COOL!!!!"

God, that's horrible news!

16. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Yes you can almost picture it now. The swrodsman shoots first at Indy, and all the Nazi use walkie talkies to menace people ;-).

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  18. eclipseSD

May 11, 2002
    MAJOR news from DVDfile:

Late-breaking news in the never-ending Indiana Jones DVD saga. At long last, tomorrow will see the first official wird regarding Lucasfilm and Paramount Home Entertainment's highly-anticipated DVD plans for the Indiana Jones flicks. After much speculation around the web, fans can expect a four-disc box set, with each film digitally remastered and restored plus a fourth disc full of extras. The release will hit stores in November (watch for an exact street date soon) and no retail price has been set. There will be a write-up on the Indy box in USA Today with further official comment from Paramount, available tomorrow at a newsstand near you. Best of all, there will be no CGI enhancements or changes made to the films, a la Star Wars or E.T. Watch this space for more.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:D x 1138

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    From here

While Paramount executives wouldn't comment on specifics of the marketing campaign, suffice it to say that [b]this will be the largest marketing campaign[/b] that the home video division has ever undertaken, [b]second only to "The Godfather" box set release[/b], one Paramount executive said. [hr][/blockquote]

So, uhh, why not just say "[b]This will be the second biggest marketing campaign that the home video division has ever undertaken[/b]"? :|

20. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    So, 4 DVDs in a set eh? Hmmm....What's the extras in the fourth disc?

21. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    No audio commentary. :(
    That disappoints me. They said they didnt put an audio commentary in because with the special features disc "it would be redundant". Like I said, Paramount sucks at making dvds. And why would you have a dvd devoted to special features? Just have each movie carry two discs!!! Did I say that Paramount sucks at making dvds? BUt I must say that the coverart looks great.

22. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    You should know that Speilberg has NEVER recorded a commentary track for any of his films. So don't blame Paramount, blame Speilberg.

23. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    That's agood argument about the extras and Paramount, just see the abysmal work they did on the new special edition of the Star Trek DVDs, which are supposed to be one of their tentpoles.

Actually, the director's cut of STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE is an excellent DVD release with a lot of really nice extras. Don't know about the rest of them, though.

24. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Warner Bros. are worse producers of DVDs than Paramount. I hate that they put them in those cardboard packages. Don't worry about it. Lucasfilm are the ones who are going to be doing the extras and they're great at it. Spielberg is really starting to irritate me about not doing any commentary on his movies. It's still going to be awesome though. Can't wait six months to finally get the Indy movies on DVD!

25. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Here are the covers:
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/indianajonesboxdvd.jpg]
    Outer box

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/indyraidersdvd.jpg]
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/indytempleofdoomdvd.jpg]
    Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/indylastcrusadedvd.jpg]
    Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/indybonusmaterialdvd.jpg]
    Extras disc

And the press release.

Keep in mind that the altering of the title for Raiders is just for the packaging. The film itself has not been altered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.