main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 'Indiana Jones on DVD' Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by eclipseSD, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    From

IndyExperience

TheForce.net got word from a fan who attended Collectormania 3 in the UK, and he noted a few more Deleted Scenes from the Indiana Jones movies that may show up in the upcoming DVD. Some more info from what we heard last week:

I was at the UK CollectorMania event in Milton Keynes over the bank holiday weekend. This was attended by, amongst others (who included Andy Serkis and Daniel Logan!!) John Rhys-Davis, Paul Freeman and Julian Glover who all had parts in the three Indy movies. Anyway, the local cinema had a tie in event where they screened all three Indy movies back to back. It was really great to see the movies in their widescreen glory despite the original print of Raiders looking a bit weathered! Raiders was introduced by Paul Freeman and Julian Glover and Temple by John. John let it be known that he had recorded a commentary track for Raiders and that there would also be some deleted scenes on the discs. For Last Crusade Julian Glover mentioned that there was a whole flying chase sequence filmed that was dropped in favour of the motorcycle chase, and this additional footage should find it's way onto the DVD.

When asked if he had a part in the fourth movie John replied "what forth movie" before commenting that he didn't feel that the Spielberg that made the first three would be the Spielberg (i.e. post Schindler's List) that would make the forth.

Excellent to hear! For a while it didn't seem like we were going to see Deleted Scenes on the DVD this time, but only time will tell.

On another note, the interviews with the four actors (Yip, Freeman, Glover and Davies) should be online next Thursday. Sorry about the delay, just some miscommunication I suppose! Stay tuned!

COOL!!!

2. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    Uhm... so does this mean that there WILL be an audio-commentary track? Or did Mr. Rhys-Davies lie? I guess a commentary with just him wouldn't be too sensible, would it?

3. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    It could go either way. It's possible that they recorded a commentary, but that it won't be on the release. It's also possible that they were quoted correctly and that there will be a commentary. But there have been many cases where people recorded a commentary that went unissued. It happens all the time. Morgan Freeman recorded a commentary for Shawshank Redemption, but Frank Darabont asked that it not be included, as he didn't want a commentary attached to the film. Since Spielberg doesn't like commentaries, it's entirely possible that he could have made the same request, even though commentaries may have been recorded.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I know the release is set for November 4, but does anyone know what the approximate price will be?

I'm trying to figure out how much money I need to save for certain events the rest of the year. ;)

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Word is, it's around US$50.

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    That's not too bad then. Thanks. :)

7. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll have Indy on DVD so I can watch him over and over again [face_love]