main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by ScorpionJedi, May 5, 2016.

1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    First (unoffical) look at Alden as Han
    [​IMG]

2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

I love Han but I'm just 10% interested to see it, I still think we needed a movie about Sana or with any woman of color as protagonist (maybe dr aphra)

Mostly Handless and nightangel like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks like Han got his ass kicked. :p

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hmm..[face_thinking][face_worried]

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Is it only me or doesn't he look at all like Han? He looks more like Travolta from 70's movies.[face_dunno]

Claire1976 and Jedi Jessy like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I think he looks good! But not 100% Harrison. But what can ya do about that! Is that his costume for the movie??

Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't think he looks exactly like Ford (what're you gonna do?) but I think he looks like Han, if that makes sense. I'm happy that his costume, at least here, isn't something we've seen him wearing already in the OT. It's going to be interesting to see how he plays the part and puts his own spin on it.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So, white and gray jacket?

9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Don't worry, he'll end up in the traditional Han Solo outfit by the end of the film.

10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I doubt it honestly. Han is more than a vest that he wore that one time; it's not a uniform, it's just what he happened to have on in A New Hope.

11-4D and Mostly Handless like this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Han punched first!

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have to look at that image through my fiction-lens. He looks very much like Han Solo, the fictional character. He looks nothing like Harrison Ford, the real life actor.

Maybe, after that beating, his face swells into something closer to ANH. :p

13. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Weirdly his hair reminds me of @B99's avatar, must be the poofyness.:p
    [​IMG] Han does look like he's fallen on hard times in that photo though. Looks to me like he's been working on one of the 'podcars'. The ebay concept art seemed to imply that he would be racing those things too.

B99 likes this.
  14. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    If you look at the other photos, he seems to be piloting the dark blue speeder.

15. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I feel bad in a way for Alden. He could put on the best display of acting in the history of film and still get shredded just for not being Harrison Ford.

Then again, just like Daisy Ridley and Felicity Jones, his fanbase is about to multiply by 100, so IT'S ALL GOOD.

ThreeDeathstickProblem and 11-4D like this.
  16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't like the look of Han's outfit in this photo. It looks like he has either been painting houses; Or some birds pooped on him. :p I would rather they keep Han Solo in his classic vest and Corellian Bloodstriped pants. I know that a Character can own more than one outfit(Han Solo had the long sleeve jacket in ESB); but Iconic fictional characters tend to have a signature look. Also; Alden needs all the help he can get to look like Han Solo. Of course, the movie is supposed to show Han Solo at two different points in his life, by jumping ahead 10 years. Maybe this is his earlier look; and he will have the vest and Bloodstripes in the later time period. I just hope he doesn't get his classic outfit from his mentor; Woody Harrelson's Character.

17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    As long as they don't make "bloodstripes" canon again

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think it's going to be hard to truly judge how closely he resembles Han based on one vague set photo, where he's wearing the typical "off-camera" cloak covering his whole look. To me he looks great. And I'm glad he's not wearing the same vest over a white shirt, belt and blue pants that we know from the OT. How many of you out there wore the same exact outfit every day and have had the same exact hairstyle for the last...15 or so years?? I'm glad to see him looking abit different. That's what I was hoping for: different, but close enough to make me think of Han Solo. That's exactly what I got from this set photo. Imagine what we'll finally get in full force onscreen!

19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I now hope the title is "Bloodstripes: A Star Wars Story," and at the end of the movie the Corellian military awards Han the bloodstripes for his courageous services to the planet.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think the issue is that he isn't Harrison and he doesn't look all that much like a younger Harrison either, it's all in the hair and a acting from this point.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'd missed the pigeon poo on his shirt. He's had a rough day.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I really don't think looking like Harrison Ford's younger self is a requisite. Chris Pine looks nothing like William Shatner and yet his Kirk is one of the most well-received aspects of the newer films. It's all going to come down to the performance, which will succeed if Ehrenreich is able to capture the spirit of the character while making the role his own, and will fail if he merely attempts to mimic Ford. Given the extensive search and the kind of people Lord and Miller are, I'm assuming we'll see the former rather than the latter.

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He looks like he's got cuts on his face, and the white stuff on his shirt. Perhaps he just got out of a big chase/action scene here.

And yeah, looking exactly like young Harrison isn't as important as nailing the essence of the character, imo.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  24. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Ten years ago. I saw the first blurry picture of Chris Pine as Kirk. Now I see the first picture of Alden as Han. Exciting! :)

11-4D and PymParticles like this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

[​IMG]
    Swayze reborn. He looks like he had some dirty dancing recently.