main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Ben Mendelsohn (Director Orson Krennic) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 25, 2015.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    msw said they heard/saw reliable things about cg face tarkin and cg young carrie/princess leia but they also said they may have been early concepts and they can't say anything definite.

personally i don't think we need that. vader and mon mothma are enough..

outerrimjaba likes this.
  2. outerrimjaba

outerrimjaba Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2015
    True could be a distraction from the central focus...maybe just a panned out scene showing a standard imperial star destroyer coming into the DS1 hangar with the command staff arriving to a full military reception with mon mothma narrating that they received Intel that GMT, Vader and the high command of oversector outer are now on board the station and a test is imminent. Would underscore the urgency of the situation and that a key political figure with over sector governance would be in command of the Senate's effectual replacement.

Like to see a nod to Tagge, Motti and Tarkin...with Mendelssohn in that mix.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Some people think that he is modeled after Thrawn but his description doesn't sound like Thrawn at all.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

It's not. Thrawn's style wasn't superweapons; it was to rancor roll some brilliant strategy over everyone. :D

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What about Yularen? His role in ANH was small enough to be recasted.

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Hm, I don't think Krennic is really in charge of the DS. But the difference between those two is that Thrawn didn't seem interested in intrigue and he definitely wasn't "volatile", like Krennic is described.

7. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, apart from Vader, we do know that "a few other other classic characters" will be in the film, according to the EW report. So far, confirmed characters include Darth Vader and Mon Mothma. Will there be more?

I would love for appearances by Tarkin, Tagge, Motti, and the gang, but the key one is Tarkin. I feel that there has to be at least one scene with Tarkin in the film, given his importance to the Death Star project, and his standing in the Empire.

Other "classic" characters some have speculated: Paplatine, Leia, Bail Organa (quite doable with Jimmy Smits), Captain Antilles, perhaps Dodana?

I suppose we also can't discount the possibility of a completely unnecessary appearance by a young Han Solo...

outerrimjaba and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It looks like that he is in charge of the whole Scarif Operation. As the planet is teeming with Imperials and seems to be major source of material for the Death Star it seems an important enough position.

outerrimjaba likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm just saying that the DS is not his baby, even if he has been tasked with watching over it. The DS is Grand Moff Tarkin's baby.

Avnar and outerrimjaba like this.
  10. outerrimjaba

May 24, 2015
    Krennic is definitely MI and is over Scarif, as it is a major logistical and security outpost for DS1 based on the leaks. Krennic is probably a nominal admiral based on rank plaque and the ISDs surrounding the DS1 during the weapons array dish "implant" are under his command.

No one other Palpatine outranks Tarkin when it comes to the Outer Rim and the Death Star. That is canon.

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I think 'Director' and I think 'Director of Operations'. In his case, in charge of security, mining and refining.

12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The fact that his title is Director, and he commands black Stormtropers makes me think he's the Director of Imperial Intelligence. He also has the same rank plaque as a Director would have.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think this is spot on, though I'd say he may be more in the "logistics support for operations" camp. Director Krennic sounds like he's the head of Death Star construction and maintenance, in effect. Or, as in the U.S. military system, a "director of acquisitions, technology and logistics." Whereas Tarkin holds a higher, more strategic role (which also includes operational command, as we saw in ANH), in charge of figuring out how the Death Star fits into the Empire's overall pacification strategy, and in operationalizing it in furtherance of that strategy.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'll just go in with confidence that he'll nail playing an Imperial. Sometimes, the less I know about actors, the more I enjoy the film.

15. outerrimjaba

May 24, 2015
    DS1 and oversector governance went hand and in hand with the complete replacement of the Imperial Senate. Tarkin wiped out a core world without a communique to the Emperor, let alone a sector Moff.

16. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  18. Count Dood

Count Dood Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Apparently. Bevel was Legends material anyway and no longer part of canon. Unfortunately that still contradicts the fact that the genosians designed the death star plans.
    Bevel was credited in legends with the design flaw of the first death star. Not sure how that is going to be handled cannon wise.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  19. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

It depends on what Krennich's contributions to the Death Star are. The Geonosians may have made the basic designs of the Death Star, but Krennich and Galen Erso may have come up with the right technologies/development to make it work.

20. Count Dood

Count Dood Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Looking at the wiki they don't credit him for designing the death star. Maybe this is more speculation and semantics coming from the fans.

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I guess we'll see. Maybe there will be a "retcon" regarding the Geonosians in the form of Imperial propaganda whitewashing their contributions.

Count Dood likes this.
  22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think the "sterilisation" of Geonosis is significant. Palpatine basically took their tech and killed them for their troubles. I'd guess that Erso then worked on a crucial aspect--maybe the use of Kyber Crystals--and Krennic oversaw the project, perhaps in consultation with Tarkin.

23. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You know that wikis are fan created right?

At this point all we have is speculation. The Wiki won't be updated until there is official news on it, which there isn't yet.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Krennic's shuttle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love it. Looks like it was cut right out of the Death Star. Wonder if that's indicative of him essentially being the head of Death Star construction.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That really is a great design! Very similar to Kylo's shuttle only with the wings pointing down instead of up. Love it!