main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Other than Spiderman Homecoming, I haven't see anything else DG has done. I don't think he looks close to Billy Dee and he hasn't spoken a word of dialog. It's going to take more than just a couple second smile to sell me. Maybe he'll speak in the next trailer.

11-4D likes this.
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I would check out his TV series Atlanta if you have a Hulu account or any other way of watching it. It's damn good television, and a really great showcase for Glover's talents both in front of and behind the camera.

3. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Thank you for the recommendation!

4. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    wobbits likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Why isn't there an all of the above option?

wobbits, Giovs and PymParticles like this.
  6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yeah, it's hard to choose isn't it?
    After much consideration, I picked the "Tentacle navigation" one.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    As did I.

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They didn't even give us the best options either. Lando's and L3-37's synchronised salute is very cool.

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I picked the tentacle navigation too. The whole "it's fine, we're fine." is what won it for me.

10. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Just hilariously came across a fun interview for the Martian where they had the cast play "Save" or "Kill". Well worth the watch. Noteworthy here for the fact that Glover both picks Star Trek over Star Wars, and Indiana Jones over Han Solo....

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That was Donald Glover? Excellent, he was great in that.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  12. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Personally, my favorite role of his, yet!

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  13. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Glover was absolute perfect Casting, that's for sure.

14. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    [​IMG]

Not sure if this has come up already but is Lando's left arm in some sort of sling?

Might explain how Han gets to fly the falcon

GregMcP likes this.
  15. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    It looks like there's a yellow arm under and not in the blue sash/sling thing.

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It's a decorative sash that looks like an unknotted tie, he's wearing it at the Sabacc table in the trailer. Han gets to fly the Falcon because he owns it....

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! I’m guessing there will be jokes about how uptight Lando is about keeping the Falcon so clean.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    How Lando is portrayed is one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in this film! Also, I understand with using a different actor and all, the performance can only be SO close to Williams' original take-so I'm willing to go into it with realistic expectations. But Lando is one of my favorite SW characters, so I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him and learning more about his history, things we've so far only heard about. I just hope they don't take the "old smoothie, scoundrel" idea TOO far-like IMO they did in Rebels. IMO that made his character seem so shallow and one-dimensional. I definitely want to see some of that, but we know there's more to Lando than that.

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I have a feeling Lando is going to be in the movie a lot less than people think. Looks like they're only hiring him after they do the train heist, probably for whatever they're doing on Kessel (third act probably).

20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hmm...now I'm imagining that we're going to see a bunch of reviews that basically say the movie doesn't truly come to life until Lando shows up.

21. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Lando’s the part I’m looking forward to the most in this film but it looks like he doesn’t show up until the final third act which is disappointing.

I expect a lot of the reviews will say that Alden gets overshadowed by Donald Glover. The guy just oozes charisma.

22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    From the trailers it seems the opposite could be true. That's Han, that's not Lando.

23. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, it's starting to look that way :(

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think they might hire Lando/ the Falcon as a getaway car/ ship for the Vandor heist.

After all, they do meet Lando on Vandor. And I doubt they're just hanging around there after they rob the train.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  25. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    That's the problem for me; Lando seems to be the Character that they are pushing. Look, I think Lando is cool, but Han should be the Character that shines in his own movie. :rolleyes: And I would say the same if it were reversed, and this was Lando's movie. We will see though. I hope the movie itself proves me wrong.