main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd actually rather see sequels with Lando and Han as a team. I'd love to see more of a friendship building thing between them before the events of the OT take place. Lando refers to something called the "battle of Tanaab (sp?),"-assuming we won't see it in Solo-it'd be cool to see a film covering what that's all about. Also, Han says to Chewie "well that was a long time ago, I'm sure he's forgotten about that." Again assuming that's not in Solo, that'd be nice to see too. It would be a great way to thread things together, create an onscreen relationship with Lando, as well as give even more history with Han.

Now if we can just get Lando in the ST!

Yes-with each of them playing a part in eachother's films, but each one features a different character as the main focus. Although I almost would just be okay with a film including all of them. Which we might be about to get?

Agreed-I so badly want a Kenobi movie! Some of the recently released rumored synopsis seems a bit far-fetched. But I really hope this is the next spinoff they focus on!

2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    @Bor Mullet someone joking about two men "flirting" is just a terrible joke, not a representation. There's a lot of sexist movies that joke about their male characters being a couple. Several critics confirmed Lando is interested by L3

"There’s some humor, and some cool monsters, and a seductive droid named L3 (voiced by Phoebe Waller-Bridge) whom Lando seems to pine for"

"Donald Glover’s Lando Calrissian and Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s new droid character L3-37are actually the sexiest characters in the movie. Yes, there’s a lot of flirting that is played for laughs between these two, but you’ll be shocked by how much you believe in the relationship between Lando and his robot co-pilot.

Han Solo and Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) are great as double-crossing, star-crossed lovers, but Lando and L3 are the ones bringing the fire."

La Calavera and vncredleader like this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I was always attracted to Han's attitude. So yes, I am and was attracted to Han.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe Lando loves L3 for her brain....... like an actual brain that Lando placed in her head when he constructed her. What if it turns out that Lando is a bit of a mad scientist when it comes to robots and brains. Lobot's brain was supposedly injured by an Imperial Guard during a yachting trip, which lead to his cyberetic implants. We know Lando disguised himself as a skiff guard in Jedi.... I'm thinking it may have been Lando in the Imperial Guard's uniform on that yacht. And when Cloud City was being evacuated, and Willrow Hood is rushing through the hallway with his icecream-maker....... I think he was transporting the cryogenic brain that was formerly housed within L3. The big question is...... whose brain is it?

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I am attracted to Han, robots, Lando, women and SW. Someone help me please!

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I see no problem.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

vncredleader and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  8. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

called it! (although I got the wrong arm)

[​IMG]

9. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm thinking about Lando/L3 slash fiction now. I should get onto it.

11-4D and B99 like this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    How well do Lobot and Lando get on?
    And how often do they get it on? o_O

12. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That may be Meg Downey’s view. But a colleague of mine has seen the film and she says otherwise. So I’m going to wait and see.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    who cares?

Chewies_bandolier and themoth like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    People who legitimately care about representation.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  16. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I already posted here that several other critics said the same that Meg.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know. But there seem to be mixed views about this, which is not surprising as total recall is very difficult after the first viewing of a film. I’ll make the judgment after I’ve seen it.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wait... MEG DOWNEY said that...? This changes everything I think!

Who's Meg Downey?

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's a movie. just like i said before.. either it's too much or not enough. people will never be happy no matter what.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    “It would be cool to see, like, Frasier in Space — like, a high-end guy in space"

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You really don’t know who Meg Downey is!?

She’s the person who posted that tweet.

22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm kind of confused by the whole "he's pan but doesn't show it enough!"

There's a lot of assumptions there. I kind of find it offensive that a queer character has to "act queer" to "count" as being queer. Sexuality is great, but it doesn't define how a person acts or behaves. Or at least it shouldn't... just from the clips released, Lando has flirted with both Han, and L3. In addition to Leia in ESB, that feels like a pretty solid roundup of genders and species for him to flirt with over his screen time, without divulging into a romantic drama.

Lando is more than what he's sleeping with. Instead of being excited that we get to see and learn more about him, with what critics seem to agree is an excellent performance, people are complaining that he isn't gay enough.

Now, that all being said, I'm quite disappointed how much Han and Qi'ra as a couple seems to matter for this film. I really have no interest in Han's first love, and find it to be a weak inclusion for sub-plots. I get the being mad that we have a Han romance but Lando gets the run-around in that regard.

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well I thought Glover was fantastic, probably my favorite performance in the movie. As for the pansexuality stuff - it's not explicit but he is flirty with everyone. For me it worked because I'm not sure it needed to be overly explicit- there was really no need for it to be in the context of the story.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Master_Lok, Bor Mullet and B99 like this.
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh boy.. LOL!

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    This is a performance and portrayal that only gets better the more I think about it. Lando is a cool character and much like Han, I actually like him even more than ever. I’m hoping Billy Dee Williams gets to appear in IX, while Glover continues to fill in his early years.

RiddleMeThis likes this.