main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So, that's her body double riding alongside Han in the speeder?

2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013

Another hot brunette British girl!?

Literally unwatchable.

3. Porkins2099

Porkins2099 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2016

Me too. Maybe not necessarily an Imperial, but a villain nonetheless. We have Han, Lando, Chewie and Woody Harrelson's character. If Emilia is going to be one of the good guys, then we would have five main heroes. A little bit too much for a movie that is supposed to focus on one character. Plus it would be refreshing having a female villain that isn't a secondary antagonist.
    The most predictable (and boring) scenario is that she will be Han's love interest while Harrelson will start as Han's mentor only to betray him later. I'm pretty sure that our main antagonist is among the confirmed main cast.

4. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

How do you know Woody is playing a hero?

5. Porkins2099

Porkins2099 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2016

Actually I don't know. Maybe "hero" is not the right word since this will be more anti-hero stuff, but being Han's mentor should qualify as a "good guy" of sorts (or at least, not a villain).

6. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    I still maintain Clarke will play some kind of rival smuggler/scoundrel who's a foil to Solo and is always one-upping him. Kind of a Belloq (Indy) or Saffron (Firefly) type figure.

7. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Not really. He could easily be a Fagin type. Plenty of stories have featured the evil mentor.

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I think the analogy will be closer to Ra's al Guhl for Woody's character. He'll be a mentor but more extreme and cold than Han is willing to go. They part ways and it gets ugly, they eventually square off with Han the victor and proving that though he's definitely a scoundrel, he's got a good heart underneath it all.

Padme501st likes this.
  9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Could be his sister for all we know. Maybe he had a brother too.

10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    In the old Han Solo books ( I know not canon) wasn't there a guy who took young Han in and basically had him work for him and his crew and Han learned a lot from him but the guy was scum and Han left? Could be a similar concept

As for Emilia, maybe she's an Imperial cadet who Han meets at the Academy (if that's still canon)

11. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    I don't watch GoT, but have seen pics of her with the blonde wig. I doubt I'd recognize her without it. I don't think she's so famous that people will be like 'why is the GoT lady in the GFFA?' especially if she isn't in a blonde wig

Padme501st likes this.
  12. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

Emilia has been on every big talk show around the world, she's been on the cover of a ton of magazines, and she's in one of the most watched TV shows in the world (definitely the most talked-about). A heck of a lot of people know who she is! :D Certainly more than anyone else in the cast, or the entire cast of RO, or indeed TFA (the big 3 aside).

BB-8 My Homework likes this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Emilia Clarke is an international star. There's no doubt about that.

With the exception of Forest Whitaker, I'd say.

14. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    I think Emilia Clarke is pretty much known all over the world. An astonishing number of people watch Game of Thrones. From the current Time Cover of the Game of Thrones stars, sans blonde wig:
    [​IMG]

Blue 5 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth Downunder and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She's on the promo tour for Game of Thrones now, has anyone asked her some Han Solo movie / director swap questions yet?

17. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017

I haven't seen anyone ask yet. This Rolling Stone interview was neat, though. "Never Google yourself" lolol.

18. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    She looks great, nice costume. Loving that Lincrusta Wallpaper set too, very 1960s/1970s.[face_laugh]:)

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What's with Emilia's ears?

21. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Ears: Emilia Clarke and Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    [​IMG] [​IMG] IMO there's a very minor possibility that the character in the white costume could be Waller-Bridge, simply because Clarke's character has a different costume judging by the leaked photos from Fawley Power Station. That said, there's no reason why she can't change her clothes and hairstyle.

Still hoping for a cast photo in costume at D23.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's also a possibility that it's neither and is just a random minor character.

Mostly Handless and SunnyNelson like this.
  23. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I hope so, people already are confuse her with Leia-Padme-Jyn-Rey. That's one of the reasons why I prefered a woman of color playing the role but now they chose Emilia at least they could dye her hair

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Having obsessively watched Game of Thrones and followed its development, Emilia Clarke has a very unmistakeable posture, shape, etc, and I'm about 98% certain that's her.

25. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    There's Thandie Newton as well, who I hope has a large role. fingers crossed.

Jedi Jessy likes this.