main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Emilia Clarke (Qi'ra) in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Nov 18, 2016.

1. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    I think people are aggrieved because based on the Trades. We thought of WOC was coming. Beyond that I do have to question the notion that the best actress for the role as been a White English Brunette, 3x in a row under KK. Especially in the case of Ridley who didn't have much a resume and turned out better then expected. And Clarke well I am sure we all have had 6 seasons of GoT to judge her acting ability and Terminator Genisys of course. Not to typecast her I think she play a princess pretty well not so sure about someone Han and Lando would be liable to hang out with. If i had to guess why she got the gig beyond Hollywood loving white actresses and star wars loving them british and brunette. Well I say name recognition. Alden might be a fine Han Solo but no one has really heard that name. Glover and Clarke provide some much needed name recognition to the project beyond the Brand of Star Wars. Beyond that I dont think she is especially going to have to carry this movie. This movie success as a one off or maybe a trilogy boils down purely to Han, Lando and Chewie. Get that chemistry right among the triumvirate and set it in the Shady Star Wars Underworld and everything will be just fine. Lord and Miller have been gold so far.

So to summarize. Disappointed Sure. Surprised No. Dont Think It Impacts Much.

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'm disappointed, I love GoT but I don't rate Emilia Clarke as an actress.

Tessa Thompson would have been amazing, such an opportunity missed.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Isn't she like the fifth game of thrones actor to appear in a star wars movie? U have her, Gwendoline Christie, Max Von Sydow, the guy who played the water dance teacher and the guy whos tongue joffrey cut out.

4. LinAjax

Sep 18, 2016
    Yeah well Star Wars is Space Fantasy so I guess they figure skills from Low Fantasy carry over.

5. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    From Game of Thrones to Terminator Genisys and now Star Wars - this girl is on the way up in the entertainment industry, that's for sure!

And coincidentally, doesn't Emilia look a bit like Felicity (her now-fellow SW actress)?
    [​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon.exe using Tapatalk

Nerdman3000 likes this.
  6. LinAjax

Sep 18, 2016
    Clearly Sinusoidal.

All white brunettes in the typical Hollywood age range look the same to me.

7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    And the other way around, there's Julian Glover and Keisha Castle-Hughes, who appeared in Star Wars, and then later in GoT.
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/70152b61b89a0e4bdf8cee937a5cd8ae/tumblr_n5s3mvFzta1qzhl6vo1_1280.jpg

Other GoT / Star Wars people:
    http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:39270

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  8. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Oh, well. It's nice that some form of 'All Rook Same' racism is still acceptable, i guess...:(

9. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    this thread is pretty sad.

dont like her as an actress/think she can act. fine.

the 'omg she's another white girl!' Give me a break.

in that case lets remake all the OT and PT and make leia mon mothma and all female characters black or hispanic. and remake TFA with rey as a blonde.

i do see racisim going on. its just in reverse. affirmative action for star wars.

10. Woodbine

Woodbine Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 19, 2014
    I hope she is better than she was in Terminator. I'm sure terrible writing didn't help, but she made an unlikable Sarah Connor.
    "Come with me if you want to live. And listen to me abuse you for the rest of the film, whilst I provide no reason for you to like me even a little bit".

If I was Kyle Rees I'd have just ditched her.

She even gets on my nerves in Game of thrones as well now. Kinda hoping one of her dragons eats her.

I think its her smug face. I don't like her smug face. The rest of her faces are ok

11. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Admittedly, I've only seen here in GoT, but i agree that she seems a little bland. She's not getting on my nerves but the whole mother of dragons bit is pretty boring.

12. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I guess wanting diversity in starwars casts only applies to the male side of starwars under the KK era

13. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    She's good as the Mother of Dragons, but everything else I've seen of her has been very disappointing in my opinion..

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  14. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    She was brilliant in Futurama and Robot Chicken, the only two things I've really seen her in.

Edit: I lied. I saw her in Me Before You as well. I honestly never made that connection. I think that speaks volumes for her acting ability.

Lee_ likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  16. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Lucky Stormtrooper.

17. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Darth Dnej likes this.
  18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Emilia Clarke gives a good performance in Me Before You. Terminator Genisys shouldn't be held against her, no one could've survived that hack flop.

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Too bad Harrison isn't in the movie- after the affair with Fisher being revealed, he could have had an affair with the princes AND the Mother of Dragons. [face_dancing]

That's all that matters.

She's actually pretty good elsewhere when she has good material, which she hopefully will here.

20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see more GoT actors/actresses be in Star Wars movies. This is the third GoT actress to be in a Star Wars movie during the Disney regime.

21. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I know we have gwendolyn christy who else is there?

22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Thirteen in total. Here's a comprehensive list:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:39270

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I've only seen her in Terminator Genisys and Futurama, but I have heard she is great (I need to watch Game of Thrones) and she has a great personality. This can only be good for the movie.

24. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I imagine she'll be playing a high level Imperial who doesn't do the shooting herself. I didn't really care for her in Terminator but she's alright in Game of Thrones. ​

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah her playing an Imperial Officer could work I think.